https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wsApp_AppShare

I didn't see this article when it was published three weeks ago, but it's good at least to see that Leanne Wood's "fear" did not materialise.

I'm not sure how some people can say the people in this part of the world have been worse than anywhere else in observing the rules when so few are travelling extensively enough to make comparisons. I've seen people who are not keeping to the two metre rule, but far more who are - then again, I've not travelled further than Aberdare, some seven miles away, for nearly three months now so I'm one of those not seeing what things are like elsewhere.

I can remember reading on here years ago about how many people there are with some sort of disability or infirmity in the valleys and thinking they were making sweeping generalisations, but, having lived up here for more than two years now, I can see what they meant.

For a start, I feel much younger in some ways than I did when I lived in Cardiff and this can only be because, relative to many I live close to, I am younger. Also, I see far more older people with walking aids of some sort than I used to in Cardiff and, as remarked in the article, there seem to be more people up here with respiratory problems of some sort or another - I'd favour a combination of a relatively old population, many with some sort of chronic disability or illness, and a dense population in terms of the ammount of people living close to each other in terraced houses as a more likely cause of the problems with the virus in the valleys over poor observation of the guidelines/law.