+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The main concentration will be on the dropping testing figures I suspect, but unless today's new cases figure is a one off, that's a concern - we'll be getting that second wave if new cases stays at 6,000 for a week or so.
    the point of the increase in detected caes is that if there is more etsting you will find more people infected. But increase testing doesn't put more people in hospital, those sick enough to be hospitalised would be anyway, and those who die would have anyway.
    The higher tsting may show a higher percebtage of the opulatin contaminated but by the same token showe that a smaller proportin of the people with it are actually dying.
    It doesn't change the death figures but it does inform scientists regarding percentages contaminatec and not getting a serious dose, which may inform lockdown easing decisions

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    the point of the increase in detected caes is that if there is more etsting you will find more people infected. But increase testing doesn't put more people in hospital, those sick enough to be hospitalised would be anyway, and those who die would have anyway.
    The higher tsting may show a higher percebtage of the opulatin contaminated but by the same token showe that a smaller proportin of the people with it are actually dying.
    It doesn't change the death figures but it does inform scientists regarding percentages contaminatec and not getting a serious dose, which may inform lockdown easing decisions
    There were more people being tested last week and yet the figure has not dropped accordingly, in fact it's more than on some days when there were more tests - although I suppose the high figure might be down to many of those kits sent out on the last two days of last week being returned at the same time, hopefully that will be the case.

International

There were more people being tested last week and yet the figure has not dropped accordingly, in fact it's more than on some days when there were more tests - although I suppose the high figure might be down to many of those kits sent out on the last two days of last week being returned at the same time, hopefully that will be the case.
    But I would think the numbers testing positive are of little concenr to the avewrage person as it does'nt affect the numbers in hosptal and dying directly except to remove some from being risk. That cannot be a bad thing

Nearly 20,000 more tests today and I think it was about 500 less new cases. Also, the R is now between 0.5 and 0.9, which is a reduction from three weeks ago, so that's not the maintaining of what we saw yesterday that I expressed concern about.

Nearly 20,000 more tests today and I think it was about 500 less new cases. Also, the R is now between 0.5 and 0.9, which is a reduction from three weeks ago, so that's not the maintaining of what we saw yesterday that I expressed concern about.
    The Government's perverse policy of counting tests that are sent out as tests completed must produce a slightly skewed result in the total of test results on subsequent days when they are returned and processed.

By the way, am I the only person who is bemused as the number of TV news people who stand very close to the foot of houses and flats and thrust a microphone up towards upstairs windows where their vox-pop interviewees talk to them, possibly spraying down microscopic spittle on the interviewers?

We are told the we are past the peak in UK, but the figures don't show that. If anything we are at the peak. For the last 4 weeks new daily cases have flattened at around 5,000. In other European countries cases decreased rapidly once the peak had been reached. Unfortunately we are not seeing that in UK.

Death rate, thank goodness, is going down.

Wales seem to be doing OK , but North Wales cases seem to be increasing significantly. This might tie in with its close proximity to the NW of England, which currently seems to be the UK hotbed for new cases.