Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
The police said they attended the property, the media added the reason. The Durham police have now stated that they did not visit as a result of a complaint about Cummins' presence, and they did not speak to him and his wife. The actually visited the property at Mr Cummins senior's request to discuss security of the property. It had nothing to do with Cummins or anything connected to lock-down . Another point that bothers me about this is that the Durham Police could have corrected the suggestions regarding the visit immediately but that chose not to. I wonder who made that call?
Yes the Barnard castle visit was correct, the alleged second sighting was the lie. It seems to me that the media don't check too hard when what they hear suits their argument and do if it doesn't. It should have been easily proven that Cummins was in fact in London on the day of the alleged second visit.
Every time the do this kind of thing they just make me doubt the honestly of anything in the media.
I'm 90% sure you've got that wrong. I don't remember them saying that they visited for a start but they said that they spoke about self-isolation or words to that effect. The media printed what the police gave them. It was in quotes at the time - I'm sure of it.

If you're wrong, maybe you've been taken in by the spin

Edit: Just seen Baloo's post. You were massively wrong. The media didn't spin that story at all, they printed what the police said and the police later retracted it/changed their story. That's the police's fault, not the media.