+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Patents can be declared void (I think by the government) for this type of situation.
    There's a big difference between declaring a patent void and trying to copy a design, to being handed the entire design history file of a product and their manufacturing information. If they just cancel any patents you would then have to design and verify nthat design which would probably take a long time.

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's a big difference between declaring a patent void and trying to copy a design, to being handed the entire design history file of a product and their manufacturing information. If they just cancel any patents you would then have to design and verify nthat design which would probably take a long time.
    I'll take your word on that, I was loosely listening to a radio discussion this morning and the guest, cannot remember his name suggested something along the lines of, that patents could be discounted in these times of emergencies for manufacturers to step in and manufacture, like a war time type of thing