+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Coronavirus update

I just read that Tim Matthews the man who reported the second sighting of Dominic Cummins in Co Durham had admitted he was lying and had not seen him. He said he did it is "A Joke". Also the retired teacher who reported him to the Police broke the rules himself when he drove 250 miles to collect his daughter who was self isolating in Berkshire, but he didn't declare it until his daughter was suddenly seen at his home and he had to admit it.
    Apparently the thing was orchestrated by Baroness Armstrong, a very pro remain anti-brexit supporter who wanted to get back at Cummins for winning the exit referendum.
    It also seems that Jeremy Hunt is one of the people briefing against the PM after he lost out in the race to be the New leader of the party.
    And in other news MP Rosie Duffield had admitted she breached lock-down rules by visiting her 'Married Lover'.
    All these people are as bad as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I just read that Tim Matthews the man who reported the second sighting of Dominic Cummins in Co Durham had admitted he was lying and had not seen him. He said he did it is "A Joke". Also the retired teacher who reported him to the Police broke the rules himself when he drove 250 miles to collect his daughter who was self isolating in Berkshire, but he didn't declare it until his daughter was suddenly seen at his home and he had to admit it.
    Apparently the thing was orchestrated by Baroness Armstrong, a very pro remain anti-brexit supporter who wanted to get back at Cummins for winning the exit referendum.
    It also seems that Jeremy Hunt is one of the people briefing against the PM after he lost out in the race to be the New leader of the party.
    And in other news MP Rosie Duffield had admitted she breached lock-down rules by visiting her 'Married Lover'.
    I'm not quite clear on how all these people get lumped together. Could you expand on how Armstrong, the former Durham MP who passed on information received, is "as bad" as Cummings. Likewise Jeremy Hunt, whatever his motivations, and actually Rosie Duffield who I understand has now apologised for her breach and stepped-down.

Banned

Whataboutism at it's very finest.

I saw that earlier - apparently Tim Matthews was a man who joked that he'd seen Cummings in co Durham, but not the person who first reported it - in any case he has admitted that he went there.

as for the second person it has always been acceptable to collect your children from university.

Why do you think these facts weren',t immediately apparent in the way that story was presented.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I saw that earlier - apparently Tim Matthews was a man who joked that he'd seen Cummings in co Durham, but not the person who first reported it - in any case he has admitted that he went there.

as for the second person it has always been acceptable to collect your children from university.

Why do you think these facts weren',t immediately apparent in the way that story was presented.
    Let's not get confused. The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham, and he is the man who drove 250 miles to pick his daughter up. But not from University, from her boyfriend's home where she was self isolating having returned there from a trip to Canada.
    Matthews was the person who said he had seen Cummins on a later separate occasion and allowed it to be printed in national newspapers and added further information referring to a fitness app he now admits he had doctored to prove his point, before now admitting that everything he said was lies and that he only did it "for a joke" some joke!
    So you seem to have the 2 people reversed. It was the first who collect his daughter, but not from university, and the second one who made everything up.
    As I say it makes you doubt everything, its all spun to suit different agenda.

Banned

Let's not get confused. The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham, and he is the man who drove 250 miles to pick his daughter up. But not from University, from her boyfriend's home where she was self isolating having returned there from a trip to Canada.
    Matthews was the person who said he had seen Cummins on a later separate occasion and allowed it to be printed in national newspapers and added further information referring to a fitness app he now admits he had doctored to prove his point, before now admitting that everything he said was lies and that he only did it "for a joke" some joke!
    So you seem to have the 2 people reversed. It was the first who collect his daughter, but not from university, and the second one who made everything up.
    So, is Cummings off the hook now?

Heisenberg

You seem to be taking this new information as fact - yet you have literally questioned every part of the news about Cummings. Why is that?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You seem to be taking this new information as fact - yet you have literally questioned every part of the news about Cummings. Why is that?
    Partly because the man who lied admitted himself and none of the others have denied their actions. It's really a case of one being as bad as another, and the amount of spin that the media puts on everything.
    I think Cummins was wrong whatever is said, but things like this just don't breed confidence do they?

Banned

Partly because the man who lied admitted himself and none of the others have denied their actions. It's really a case of one being as bad as another, and the amount of spin that the media puts on everything.
    I think Cummins was wrong whatever is said, but things like this just don't breed confidence do they?
    So, this is an attack on the media. Which you don't read (neither real nor online).

Heisenberg

"The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham" - where in Durham was he "isolating" that makes this is an issue?

When did he pick his daughter up from Berkshire? Was it before or after CummingsGate and the easing of lockdown in England?

Asking for a friend.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham" - where in Durham was he "isolating" that makes this is an issue?

When did he pick his daughter up from Berkshire? Was it before or after CummingsGate and the easing of lockdown in England?

Asking for a friend.
    apparently it was either just before or just after the ban on driving distances was relaxed but form what I saw he wasn't sure, and he definitely contacted and traveled with a person who was isolating at another place and took them into his family which risked possibly infecting either his family or the people in the house he went to to collect her, which despite when he did it was still contrary to the lockdown requirements. So basically he took the risk of contaminating the people in the house in Berkshire or of his daughter contaminating his family in Durham.
    As I have now said 3 times, it doesn't make what Cummins did right but it makes you doubt people when they say things, particularly when its held and altered by the media. That is the main point, that the media spin things so you cannot take anything on face value.