Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
Yes, . If they feel it is wrong they can, as I suggested, just resign, quit, walk out, stop doing it, desist, and then they can watch Netflix for nothing.
Then, as I said, the job can be given to people who are happy to be paid to sit and do nothing.
I don't even understand why the media report it except to stir the shite?
I'll remember that the next time you complain about Government's (usually Labour) wasting money.

Currently, my 3 neighbours are on furlough. They had a big bbq last night with about 8 visitors from different households. A couple stayed overnight. They have been offered the chance to return to work, both refuse, why work when you are getting 80% of your wages for nothing.

As a result of their garden party, I had 5 hours sleep before starting work at 8am. I'll be working until 5:30 pm - but getting paid until 1pm (25 hours a week - I am currently earning less than 80% of my wages). When this blows over, my taxes will probably rise to pay for some people (not all) to take the piss.

The Government, feeling extra generous, have now employed thousands of people to sit around and do nothing. I'm glad the media have brought it up, imagine if they only reported on stories that made the Government look good. That would certainly suit the confirmation biases that are on display by the resident loony who would be the first to say "you make these claims, but they are not reported anywhere".

Watch as he replies with a waving smiley - the resident Oscar Wilde.