Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I don't think it's quite as simple as money v people. Life for almost everyone has been hugely affected by the restrictions that have been imposed in a bid to conquer Covid-19 despite the fact that the vast majority of the population stand little or no chance of either falling seriously ill or dying as a result of the virus.

By and large, I think most people have thus far taken the restrictions in good faith and have reacted pretty well under the circumstances. However, it's blatantly obvious that society simply can't go on operating like this indefinitely. The economy is clearly a huge factor in how things will work going forward, but so is the way in which we want to live our lives.
Dear me, your resolve after less than eight weeks of restrictions to combat COVID-19 isn't on the wane but collapsing.

'However, it's blatantly obvious that society simply can't go on operating like this indefinitely' is an inch away from sedition.

Weak characters during WW2 were quick to propose seeking peace terms with Adolf whenever his bombers appeared overhead. You're of the same ilk.

We will continue to resist this invisible enemy for however long is necessary in obeyance with what's prescribed by our democratically elected leaders whatever the cost, and we shall do so with stoicism.

Saving granny trumps all other considerations, which includes Britain's economic well being along with the employment status of you and everyone else.

Defeatists can bugger off.