+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: Coronavirus update

Actually... I take it back about Gething.

According to gov.wales https://gov.wales/leaving-home-exerc...#section-41078

'Doing other things while exercising

15. Although the main purpose of leaving home should be to exercise, activity incidental to that which is good for people’s health or wellbeing is also considered to be reasonable. Going for a walk and also stopping to have something to eat or sit in a park, for example, is intended to be permitted. Most of the time away from home should, however, be spent exercising.'

So as long as he spent more time walking than sitting, it appears as though he has nothing to apologise for.

Awkward moment for 'tell it like it is'...

'tell it like it isn't' might be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Actually... I take it back about Gething.

According to gov.wales https://gov.wales/leaving-home-exerc...#section-41078

'Doing other things while exercising

15. Although the main purpose of leaving home should be to exercise, activity incidental to that which is good for people’s health or wellbeing is also considered to be reasonable. Going for a walk and also stopping to have something to eat or sit in a park, for example, is intended to be permitted. Most of the time away from home should, however, be spent exercising.'

So as long as he spent more time walking than sitting, it appears as though he has nothing to apologise for.

Awkward moment for 'tell it like it is'...

'tell it like it isn't' might be more appropriate.
    Except the Welsh rules changed after the Bank Holiday therefore weren't in play at the time.

Awkward. Now **** off...

International

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Except the Welsh rules changed after the Bank Holiday therefore weren't in play at the time.

Awkward. Now **** off...
    Mr Drakeford said that although that new rule wasn't publicised until after the Gething's action it was in fact decided at the Welsh cabinet meeting on the previous Thursday. My Gething had been in attendance so knew the rule. The fact that no one else in Wales did at the time he bought the chips was deemed by the First minister to be irrelevant.

But I didn't see anything about going to your allotment!. Or convalescing in Chequers and then moving to Downing Street,

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

Awkward. Now **** off...
    Decision had already been made: https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-...over-chip-row/

Awkward, eh?

I also quite like how you've managed to turn a man having chips with his wife and kid into firstly a "picnic" and then a "family outing"