+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Experiment shows human speech generates droplets that linger in the air for more than 8 minutes

By Joel Achenbach

May 14, 2020 at 12:13 a.m. GMT+1

Ordinary speech can emit small respiratory droplets that linger in the air for at least eight minutes and potentially much longer, according to a study published Wednesday that could help explain why infections of the coronavirus so often cluster in nursing homes, households, conferences, cruise ships and other confined spaces with limited air circulation.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...6e5_story.html

My God, why hasn't Mr Drakeford ordered the mandatory wearing of face masks/coverings in all enclosed places, including households where more than one person resides?

Nutters/wackos/crackpots/wishy-washy libertarians/chavs and other smelly types will object of course but they must be made to bow to authority.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Experiment shows human speech generates droplets that linger in the air for more than 8 minutes

By Joel Achenbach

May 14, 2020 at 12:13 a.m. GMT+1

Ordinary speech can emit small respiratory droplets that linger in the air for at least eight minutes and potentially much longer, according to a study published Wednesday that could help explain why infections of the coronavirus so often cluster in nursing homes, households, conferences, cruise ships and other confined spaces with limited air circulation.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...6e5_story.html

My God, why hasn't Mr Drakeford ordered the mandatory wearing of face masks/coverings in all enclosed places, including households where more than one person resides?

Nutters/wackos/crackpots/wishy-washy libertarians/chavs and other smelly types will object of course but they must be made to bow to authority.
    Still doing this shtick, are we? It hasn't been funny since... well, it was never funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Still doing this shtick, are we? It hasn't been funny since... well, it was never funny.
    I was staggered to learn in a post of yours a few pages back that you're a public sector wallah. What a shock!

I'd have never have guessed there's an office out there where you spend your days mincing.

Heisenberg

I was staggered to learn in a post of yours a few pages back that you're a public sector wallah. What a shock!

I'd have never have guessed there's an office out there where you spend your days mincing.
    Typical of you to be wrong (doesn't it ever get tiring?). I spend about 80% of my time working in the community and then 20% doing admin (at home).

I told you what I did for a living when you were getting your facts wrong about Universal Credit and homelessness - based on your prejudices and assumptions (and incorrectly following data... another trend you follow) on the politics thread a few months ago.

Do you tend to forget all of the things that you've been wrong about over time? It's probably easier that way.

Typical of you to be wrong (doesn't it ever get tiring?). I spend about 80% of my time working in the community and then 20% doing admin (at home).

I told you what I did for a living when you were getting your facts wrong about Universal Credit and homelessness - based on your prejudices and assumptions (and incorrectly following data... another trend you follow) on the politics thread a few months ago.

Do you tend to forget all of the things that you've been wrong about over time? It's probably easier that way.
    I must have missed your earlier public sector admission. Had I not I'd have made mention of it before now. I will make up for it in future though, of that you can be assured.

Heisenberg

I must have missed your earlier public sector admission. Had I not I'd have made mention of it before now. I will make up for it in future though, of that you can be assured.

Go for it. Not sure what gratification it gives you, but have at it, son.

Might as well slag off all the public sector workers including paramedics, nurses, teachers, social workers, care workers and support workers while you're at it - as I fall into that category.

What was it you said that you did - before you became this caricature of a survivalist tinfoiler?

Might as well slag off all the public sector workers including paramedics, nurses, teachers, social workers, care workers and support workers while you're at it - as I fall into that category.

What was it you said that you did - before you became this caricature of a survivalist tinfoiler?
    No, I wouldn't lump them together. See my recent post below. In light of that, henceforth I shall refer to you as The Blob or Mr Blobby.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5073397

A great many people who slag off the public sector aren't knocking NHS workers (who comprise 30% of the total), or teachers and those in the education field (28%), or coppers, firefighters, prison officers and many others who are essential. They mean the unproductive 430K strong army of lard-arsed, chair hugging, tea and coffee swigging, biscuit munching, pen pushing, computer keys tapping blobs of career layabouts who make up the civil service that hang around for donkey's years until they retire from stealing a living because they know no-one in the private sector would pay them nearly as much as the government teat does in return for doing next to bugger all.

There were an estimated 5.42 million people employed in the public sector for June 2019, which was 29,000 more than for March 2019. 16.5% of all people in paid work were employed in the public sector for June 2019, unchanged from March 2019. https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...yment/june2019

My darling wife chipped a veneer from a front tooth the other day. Called the dentist who of course is not able to work right now. He suggested a do it yourself kit as a temporary repair. He dropped it off to us on his way home from work, looked at my wife's tooth from a distance to check it was OK for the repair, gave us instructions, all part of the service!

Another example of healthcare workers doing more then their fair share

Heisenberg

Also, you forgot to address the purpose of the post - the shtick about how you're actually for stronger government measures isn't amusing for anybody but you. We all still remember the Plandemic stuff