+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Bad. I think .gov should spell out repeatedly in simple language who are most at risk and that they should stay indoors and avoid contact with others as much as practicable.
    But these measures are the only thing that have worked in China and Italy.

I think we all just need to admit that we dont know everything about everything and it’s ok for speculation we’ve made on a messageboard not to be right all the time

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

I think we all just need to admit that we dont know everything about everything and it’s ok for speculation we’ve made on a messageboard not to be right all the time
    Have they worked in China?

Given China kept schtum for 6 weeks, arrested and persecutred whistleblowing medical staff, I'd take any claims made by China with a very large pinch of salt. Time they were totally isolated by the world given this is now the what 5th virus spread from there...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Have they worked in China?

Given China kept schtum for 6 weeks, arrested and persecutred whistleblowing medical staff, I'd take any claims made by China with a very large pinch of salt. Time they were totally isolated by the world given this is now the what 5th virus spread from there...
    I believe they must have stopped getting as many infections as a lot of my colleagues are back at work and I think they would have stayed locked down if they were still getting infections.

Whether I believe the numbers for total number of deaths is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I believe they must have stopped getting as many infections as a lot of my colleagues are back at work and I think they would have stayed locked down if they were still getting infections.

Whether I believe the numbers for total number of deaths is another matter.
    That's a lot of faith to put into a nation whose lies caused the global pandemic tbh.

That's a lot of faith to put into a nation whose lies caused the global pandemic tbh.
    Well it's a judgement but based on that my colleagues usually work 6 days a week 9am to 9pm and for over 2 months they were at home barely working and now they're back. I just don't think they would have stopped work like that for so long for nothing and then starting again without being sure the situation was better.

I don't believe the official numbers they put out at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Well it's a judgement but based on that my colleagues usually work 6 days a week 9am to 9pm and for over 2 months they were at home barely working and now they're back. I just don't think they would have stopped work like that for so long for nothing and then starting again without being sure the situation was better.

I don't believe the official numbers they put out at all though.
    Difference between their situation and the overall situation in China though.

Difference between their situation and the overall situation in China though.
    Why is there a difference? They're in the South East of China and had quite a high number of cases.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Not exactly working in Italy at the moment, but that's because the public are flouting the advice. Here's a warning for us - do we comply like the Chinese have, or do we say "as long as I am alright, stuff it" like the Italians.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Not exactly working in Italy at the moment, but that's because the public are flouting the advice. Here's a warning for us - do we comply like the Chinese have, or do we say "as long as I am alright, stuff it" like the Italians.
    Yes they were still all going to restaurants and bars well into the lock down, I think the UK will be more like Italy because a lot of people don't seem to think it's an issue.