Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
I can't help feeling that we in the UK are in the phoney war stage. I presume we Brits are not genetically that different from folk in Italy yet we are mostly going about our day-to-day business as usual when Italy is in virtual lockdown. I think we must surely be on the cusp of a sudden exponential increase in the number of cases of coronavirus? Are we just incredibly lucky or is there some inherent immunity that most of us possess?
Or is it that Italians are more sociable than us? Not sure what the weather has been like in Italy lately, particularly the north, but the bloody rain we’ve had here for what seems like forever may be keeping people at home. We obviously mingle on public transport, shops & sporting events but there hasn’t been any decent evenings to get out and mix. Are we a bit less ‘touchy feely’ than Latin folk? I just picture Italian people out and about on decent mild evenings greeting each other warmly while we’re a sort of wave and ‘all right mate’. Traditional British stand offishness may have been a bit of an advantage this last month or two.