+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think they have been looking at what is happening in European Leagues and felt that we were going to be out on a limb. Factor in Arteta testing positive as well some footballers meaning that some teams were going into isolation and it was becoming a major headache.
    It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.
    Fair enough. I was actually surprised by Johnson’s measures response to begin with but am now unsure whether a more pro active stance should have been taken earlier. We will find out soon enough.