Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
Is it wrong for people to question the reason why these steps are being taken?

As things stand, 2 months into the outbreak, the 9th most affected "region" is a ship. As things stand the death toll world wide is 4,600. Of course, every one of those is a tragedy but we still don't know how many died OF coronovirus, and how many died WITH coronovirus.

Also, as things stand, the UK has been overtaken by Switzerland (a country a 7th the size of the UK), Norway (a country 1/13th the size of the UK), Denmark (a country also 1/13th the size of the UK), the Netherlands (a country a quarter the size of the UK) and Sweden (1/6th the size of the UK) in terms of numbers of cases.

In fact, the UK are 29th in terms of number of cases per million.

Italy are the only Government to have locked down. It seems an over reaction, either that or Switzerland, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, South Korea and Bahrain are completely incompetent. I wonder why people are putting so much weight on Italy's decision, but without considering the choices other Governments in similar predicaments are making?

I also reiterate, in Italy there are 206 cases per million people. One in 50,000 people. I've been in an office where two people have a cold at the same time. I would have to be in an Italian offce of 100,000 people to get the same experience.

It really is simple, wash your hands, avoid touching your face. If you get any illness, stay at home and don't spread it. With common sense, this thing will disappear quickly - but when did the world last exhibit common sense. This thread is testament to that.
I give up. Let's agree to disagree and hope you and your mates are right