+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 100 of 290 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

I thought all the above posts about people getting paid during the Covid crisis by the taxpayer and doing little was about teachers, I now realise it's some other public sector job, one wonders how many similar jobs like that there are about at the moment.

Would anybody on here prefer to be sat at home watching telly rather than contributing towards the reduced spread of the virus if they could?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Would anybody on here prefer to be sat at home watching telly rather than contributing towards the reduced spread of the virus if they could?
    But the 2 points you raise are in no way connected.

Sitting at home doing nothing is contributing towards the reduced spread, the only difference is that this woman is being paid to do exactly that. so if she thinks it's a waste of taxpayers money why doesn't she just resign instead of making a very public complaint via the BBC and continuing to take the money?
    That's not a difficult question is it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the 2 points you raise are in no way connected.

Sitting at home doing nothing is contributing towards the reduced spread, the only difference is that this woman is being paid to do exactly that. so if she thinks it's a waste of taxpayers money why doesn't she just resign instead of making a very public complaint via the BBC and continuing to take the money?
    That's not a difficult question is it?
    I think she probably just wants to be useful and productive. Asking her to resign if she's really just telling the truth about her situation seems like a pretty brutal way of silencing comments of this kind. It would be good to know how we can make those recruited as productive as possible.

International

I think she probably just wants to be useful and productive. Asking her to resign if she's really just telling the truth about her situation seems like a pretty brutal way of silencing comments of this kind. It would be good to know how we can make those recruited as productive as possible.
    You are deliberately avoiding the question. If she is so upset why doesn't she just resign? It's very easy. She could still make the comment and in view of her sacrifice it would carry more weight.
    The people may be being as productive as possible. If there is no one to track and trace what would you like them to do? Invent things so she can make phone calls and not watch Netflix?

You are deliberately avoiding the question. If she is so upset why doesn't she just resign? It's very easy. She could still make the comment and in view of her sacrifice it would carry more weight.
    The people may be being as productive as possible. If there is no one to track and trace what would you like them to do? Invent things so she can make phone calls and not watch Netflix?
    I'm just not sure why are you getting so obsessed whether this individual resigns or not. There are surely bigger issues to get in a tiz about at the moment. Other people have spoken about concerns with different aspects of this system. If they're not lying or grossly exaggerating why are you so keen that somebody should lose their job over it? It's just bizarre to me.

Rather than hoping for some kind of self-imposed retribution for her comments perhaps it just raises broader questions over whether the 25,000 contact tracers are actually being efficiently utilised? It's not always necessary to get so defensive as there may be good reasons - I think most people would be hope that is the case and therefore may be curious to understand, at least probably more than this anonymous persons current job prospects.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...virus-response

Fair play for having the audacity for trying to take the piss.

Heisenberg

Maybe she did resign and your son can now take her place sitting on his arse, doing nothing, in the name of the Govt...

If they ever get back to him, of course

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe she did resign and your son can now take her place sitting on his arse, doing nothing, in the name of the Govt...

If they ever get back to him, of course
    Well on the 6 PM BBC news I just watched she still hasn't. lol She was probably being paid by them for the interview and getting paid for watch Netflix at the same time. Giss a job mate!!!

Heisenberg

Well on the 6 PM BBC news I just watched she still hasn't. lol She was probably being paid by them for the interview and getting paid for watch Netflix at the same time. Giss a job mate!!!
    Not sure how she was capable of watching Netflix while giving an interview, but if so... She's definitely being underutilised in her role

International

Not sure how she was capable of watching Netflix while giving an interview, but if so... She's definitely being underutilised in her role
    And getting paid twice lol. She could have been watching Netflix because that's what the report said she does when she is being paid. She had her back to the camera, (presumably so she could keep her anonymity and thereby her great job,) so she could have been watching TV. Or knitting, or anything but answering the bloody phone!!!

You are still avoiding answering the question. If she feels so strongly about it why doesn't she just quit?

No one is saying she should be sacked.
    Maybe she needs the money from her job for rent and food?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Maybe she needs the money from her job for rent and food?
    So why is she going on national TV complaining about getting paid for doing nothing? Just take the money, work when she needs to and be happy!

So why is she going on national TV complaining about getting paid for doing nothing? Just take the money, work when she needs to and be happy!
    To highlight that it's a ridiculous situation and a waste of tax payers money.

You are still avoiding answering the question. If she feels so strongly about it why doesn't she just quit?

No one is saying she should be sacked.
    I’ve no idea, I don’t know her. I can’t really add to my previous posts, I am really just not personally invested enough to get into a long-winded debate about her next job move,

International

I’ve no idea, I don’t know her. I can’t really add to my previous posts, I am really just not personally invested enough to get into a long-winded debate about her next job move,
    you started the debate lol
    But that's fine so you can't answer the question simply. good enough!

Perhaps she wants a fair days work for a fair days pay, perhaps she needs the job to pay bills, perhaps she feels guilty for getting paid via the taxpayer to do little but due to personal circumstances is unable to do anything about it.
    If the above is close to reality then her actions would be understandable.

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Perhaps she wants a fair days work for a fair days pay, perhaps she needs the job to pay bills, perhaps she feels guilty for getting paid via the taxpayer to do little but due to personal circumstances is unable to do anything about it.
    If the above is close to reality then her actions would be understandable.
    Why doesn't she just take the money pay her bills and keep quiet? If being paid for doing nothing upsets her so much why doesn't she quit? It's not a difficult question.

Heisenberg

Why doesn't she just take the money pay her bills and keep quiet? If being paid for doing nothing upsets her so much why doesn't she quit? It's not a difficult question.
    It's not a difficult question... It's a ridiculous question.

Not sure what you're hoping to achieve here

International

It's not a difficult question... It's a ridiculous question.

Not sure what you're hoping to achieve here
    You're right it is ridiculous, it answers itself! Achieve? an argument obviously

I hypothetically answered it for you, if you don't like the answer that is your problem.

International

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I hypothetically answered it for you, if you don't like the answer that is your problem.
    I only hypothetically didn't like it.
    The woman is getting paid about £25 an hour to watch TV and she is complaining about it. Just resign!! It's not rocket science. nobdoy is forcing her to do it!

Banned

I only hypothetically didn't like it.
    The woman is getting paid about £25 an hour to watch TV and she is complaining about it. Just resign!! It's not rocket science. nobdoy is forcing her to do it!
    £25 an hour? Really?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    £25 an hour? Really?

Banned

It is little surprise that the only thing to make your life interesting is to troll on here, looking for arguments.