+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Goats I hope you savoured that pint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53621613
    Pubs are shite anyway, I’d happily let them close every bastard one if my kids can go back....which I have no doubt they will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Pubs are shite anyway, I’d happily let them close every bastard one if my kids can go back....which I have no doubt they will anyway.
    Might be different in Wales?

The restrictions and rules are unravelling. I see in Greater Manchester you’re not allowed in someone’s home but you can still visit a pub or restaurant?

The question of schools or pubs is an interesting one. I assumed you’d need to close other shops too?

What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Might be different in Wales?

The restrictions and rules are unravelling. I see in Greater Manchester you’re not allowed in someone’s home but you can still visit a pub or restaurant?

The question of schools or pubs is an interesting one. I assumed you’d need to close other shops too?

What a mess.
    It's ridiculous.

You can'tvisit somebody's home but can book a table and two from those households can eat or drink a few feet apart.

I popped to " clarks village " in street today, a 2 min to get in through the gates, limited numbers in shops, some are 6, some are 10, think " next outlet " was 60

we got in the sports shops to get some sports clothes for the next various seasons ( netball and football ), all the shops we queued for were under 5 mins

the biggest queue was to get in the vans store , the guy said it was 1 hour 30 mins from the point we joined the queue, we moved on and popped to saltrock,

i must admit it was fairly normal apart from everyone ( apart from 2 Asian families and one old guy in a wheelchair who i guess didnt get the memo i guess )

Prezzo was open, but the burger place and franky and bennies still closed, which was strange ( unless ive missed they have gone under now )

Sounds like it’s open finally, it certainly wasn’t a few weeks ago....well praise the Lord. I just saw a pub near me has opened too....I might just get a pint of Guinness in Cardiff this year after all, not in a Brajns pub mind coz they are uckin shiiite
    The alternative being Brains Black

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The alternative being Brains Black
    Exactly....it’s a shocker and to stop selling Guinness allied to marketing that guff is also criminal

Hopefully we won't end up like Melbourne, home of the infamous Karen, of DIY superstore fame! I bet she's really popular now and enjoying her human rights to the full.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53627038

Karen gets her come-uppance! I must have missed this update.

https://twitter.com/sexenheimer/stat...world-53534638

International

I see the number of cases of infection are going up, quite steeply in a lot in some areas, but the daily death rate doesn't seem to be rising in line with it. Or am I missing something/
    I read somewhere that some scientists said that they virus might be mutating so that it does not kill it's host, as naturally it needs the host to live so it can live. Apparently other things have done something similar. If that is the case then it should be less cause for total lock-down hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I see the number of cases of infection are going up, quite steeply in a lot in some areas, but the daily death rate doesn't seem to be rising in line with it. Or am I missing something/
    I read somewhere that some scientists said that they virus might be mutating so that it does not kill it's host, as naturally it needs the host to live so it can live. Apparently other things have done something similar. If that is the case then it should be less cause for total lock-down hopefully.
    The 'spikes' are as much to do with additional testing - particularly amongst younger people. So in reality nothing has changed - they've just identified more people who have the virus. The spikes aren't really spikes..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The 'spikes' are as much to do with additional testing - particularly amongst younger people. So in reality nothing has changed - they've just identified more people who have the virus. The spikes aren't really spikes..
    So you're saying that it's not a spike in the data, but had there been better testing previously, the line would always have been higher.

It's a shame that there wasn't better testing before, as stronger measures would have been taken earlier and the virus would not have spread so far today.

That doesn't half read like more "Pretending you know EXACTLY what is going on, all the time" - the Libertarian just let everyone get on with it view has taken a hell of a beating in the six months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That doesn't half read like more "Pretending you know EXACTLY what is going on, all the time" - the Libertarian just let everyone get on with it view has taken a hell of a beating in the six months or so.
    Ah well, allegedly we're still living in an free country and can express our views and opinions without smart ass, smug, ripostes.

Ah well, allegedly we're still living in an free country and can express our views and opinions without smart ass, smug, ripostes.
    On the contrary, living in a free country means you should be prepared for all manner of ripostes

Says the man who tells us what is happening with not an "in my opinion" in sight. How can you be so certain about something none of us have ever seen in our lives before?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    i have not got a clue its a comment /view which i'm allowed to make , unless your judge and jury now

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    i have not got a clue its a comment /view which i'm allowed to make , unless your judge and jury now
    What are you rabbiting on about now? I just pointed out that people who state opinions as if they are facts have had a habit being made to look foolish when it comes to the virus.

Just for information, there were nine hundred and twenty eight new cases yesterday according to the Government figures, that's the highest number since June 26th and the number of tests was 216,000 which is, I believe around average, or slightly below it, these days - although the rise is not a dramatic one at the moment, there is clearly an increase in new cases taking place over the last fortnight or so - a Government that has been so eager to get things back to "normal" since about May would not be acting like it is of there wasn't something happening that was concerning them.

Also I totally forgot about masks in England so couldn’t visit any as don’t have any, wife couldn’t even get her fancy coffee. But going into a pub was fine, no mask needed.....
    Been to England its a bit different but worked out well glad to be out and about . I didn't need to book a pub ?

Been to England its a bit different but worked out well glad to be out and about . I didn't need to book a pub ?
    Shouldn't you be able to answer your own question?

The spikes are due too so many things , its too early to nail the reasons down, t could be specific areas and how folk behaviour in those places , sadly not all respond to advise , you could argue more testing equals more postives ,equally you could point to thise poor behaviours of not adhering to advise, nd of course as we mix more we run a higher risk.

I wear a mask and carry my own sanatiser when in public supermarket , public transport areas ,I have noticed that less folk are mask wearing in shops though in Wales lots in England though as its law , I will always find it strange we need someone to tell us how to keep healthy and think of others health risks as we crowd beaches, some pubs and other gatherings and demonstrations.

The spikes are due too so many things , its too early to nail the reasons down, t could be specific areas and how folk behaviour in those places , sadly not all respond to advise , you could argue more testing equals more postives ,equally you could point to thise poor behaviours of not adhering to advise, nd of course as we mix more we run a higher risk.

I wear a mask and carry my own sanatiser when in public supermarket , public transport areas ,I have noticed that less folk are mask wearing in shops though in Wales lots in England though as its law , I will always find it strange we need someone to tell us how to keep healthy and think of others health risks as we crowd beaches, some pubs and other gatherings and demonstrations.
    Aren’t the spikes here mainly due to Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families not following the rules? I’m not sure as I rarely watch the news anymore but every time I see a glimpse they are showing these groups in Leicester, Blackburn, Bradford and the likes......there is barely any increase here in Cardiff

Aren’t the spikes here mainly due to Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families not following the rules? I’m not sure as I rarely watch the news anymore but every time I see a glimpse they are showing these groups in Leicester, Blackburn, Bradford and the likes......there is barely any increase here in Cardiff
    There are Muslims, Indians and Pakistani families in Cardiff too, but there may be some telling differences. Some may disagree but the 'let's slowly see how things go' approach by Drakeford appears to have paid off. Reports of horrendous working conditions in sweat shops in Leicester and Bradford also appear to have been a factor in spreading the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    There are Muslims, Indians and Pakistani families in Cardiff too, but there may be some telling differences. Some may disagree but the 'let's slowly see how things go' approach by Drakeford appears to have paid off. Reports of horrendous working conditions in sweat shops in Leicester and Bradford also appear to have been a factor in spreading the virus.
    I know Cardiff has a large Indian Pakistani community, always has.....

I am fed up of seeing 'these groups' of Muslims, Indians or Pakistani families at illegal raves, ramming the beaches on the south coast and generally doing a Dominic Cummings without a care in the world. Thanks for pointing it out!

And the Chinese families, don't forget the Chinese families! Riddled with it, they are. Disgusting.

All of them, you know what I mean. All of them. Muslims, Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, all of them. And not just them. I mean Them.