+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know it's the weekend and the figures are always lower, but it's good to see no deaths in Scotland and Northern Ireland today and only 77 in the UK. That said, the first time there were 100 or more deaths in a day was on 23 March and if you had told people then that the next time it would drop below 100 in a day would be on June 7, they would have been absolutely horrified.
    More weekend figures, but no deaths in Scotland for a second successive day and only eighteen new cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If you don't believe politicians, you don't believe the church and you don't believe scientists/experts - who is left? The media? I can't see it.
    I don't necessarily dis-believe those, just question what we're told. Remember those who questioned the "weapons of mass destruction" claims, were considered bonkers etc. - 90% of the media swallowed it and reported it - until recently - as fact..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I don't necessarily dis-believe those, just question what we're told. Remember those who questioned the "weapons of mass destruction" claims, were considered bonkers etc. - 90% of the media swallowed it and reported it - until recently - as fact..
    Is that the best example? I remember mass outcry and demonstrations in hundreds of cities. It's been called the biggest protest in history.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is that the best example? I remember mass outcry and demonstrations in hundreds of cities. It's been called the biggest protest in history.
    Trump colluding with Russia is one of the best examples, and you would be surprised by how many suckers fell for that one! In fact, I know a few of them

Just 55 UK deaths (3 in Wales) announced today and there were just over 1,200 new cases - the new cases figures do not seem to be as effected by it being a weekend as the death ones are and with it being a fortnight since the bank holiday, you'd like to think any increase as a result of all of those crowded beaches would be appearing by now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just 55 UK deaths (3 in Wales) announced today and there were just over 1,200 new cases - the new cases figures do not seem to be as effected by it being a weekend as the death ones are and with it being a fortnight since the bank holiday, you'd like to think any increase as a result of all of those crowded beaches would be appearing by now.
    That would be good news, I was hoping the bank holiday wouldn't have too much of an effect.

Banned

Until recently?

Banned

If the prevailing scientists say something, it must be right - because they're the experts..
    No-one is saying that are they? Scientists act on the data that is available at the time. Scepticism isn't about boldly arguing against facts and then underlining the flawed argument with "I am a sceptic, I question things". You needed to add the words "I am a sceptic. I question things that go against my own narrative and beliefs". Which, doesn't make you a sceptic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    No-one is saying that are they? Scientists act on the data that is available at the time. Scepticism isn't about boldly arguing against facts and then underlining the flawed argument with "I am a sceptic, I question things". You needed to add the words "I am a sceptic. I question things that go against my own narrative and beliefs". Which, doesn't make you a sceptic at all.
    According to 3M research, whether they describe themselves as sceptics or not, 45% of people only believe in science that aligns with their personal beliefs.

Ditto the chemical weapons inspectors in Syria who became whistleblowers. You just have to accept that people are incredibly gullible and they will believe absolutely anything, even the ones who think they are really smart

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    According to 3M research, whether they describe themselves as sceptics or not, 45% of people only believe in science that aligns with their personal beliefs.
    I refuse to believe that.

I think it was somewhere buried in this thread that the government were paying the tabloids to print advertising that looked like editorial.

apparently they paid Ł35 million for it

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis...mpression=true

Banned

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52968523

Lockdown saved millions of lives.

International

Did anyone see Mr Drakeford yesterday? He intimated that the 5 mile rule could be enforced for up to 12 more weeks. The man is an idiot. People won't sit still for it when they see what people in England are allowed to do.

He also said that there will be no large gatherings until 2021 for sport or anything. What is that going to do for City if English clubs can have some supporters but City none at home?
    However much money Tan may have this has a good chance of ruining the club financially. But he doesn't care about that, he keeps telling us "people are talking to us and telling us this that and the other" well it certainly isn't anyone I know.

He is so parochial, his aura even when you watch him on TV is dreadful. As a leader he looks and sounds like a tired waiter. If he keeps on he will destroy the welsh economy for years and years to come, with his "Slow and cautious" actions and his "Local" mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Did anyone see Mr Drakeford yesterday? He intimated that the 5 mile rule could be enforced for up to 12 more weeks. The man is an idiot. People won't sit still for it when they see what people in England are allowed to do.

He also said that there will be no large gatherings until 2021 for sport or anything. What is that going to do for City if English clubs can have some supporters but City none at home?
    However much money Tan may have this has a good chance of ruining the club financially. But he doesn't care about that, he keeps telling us "people are talking to us and telling us this that and the other" well it certainly isn't anyone I know.

He is so parochial, his aura even when you watch him on TV is dreadful. As a leader he looks and sounds like a tired waiter. If he keeps on he will destroy the welsh economy for years and years to come, with his "Slow and cautious" actions and his "Local" mantra.
    Is the majority of the population adhering to the ‘5 mile local’ rule then?

I don’t think City are high in his list of priorities butt.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Is the majority of the population adhering to the ‘5 mile local’ rule then?

I don’t think City are high in his list of priorities butt.
    I know they are not (And that answers both your questions lol)
    But when it becomes clear will he give in or tell the police to be more aggressive with their fines. The thing with football goes back to what I said some time ago when he first diverged from what England was doing. It is a mind set of some people that anything that is pleasurable must be wrong and if they can stop it they should. Some people believe that all pubs should be closed and never allowed to reopen, and it is those kinds of people who tend to be most vociferous and "talk" to the government. They don't care if it ruins businesses and people livelihood because it doesn't affect them. As I said, he is parochial. Sadly he is in the position where he has the last word. I think, although I don't know many of the AMs but there must be better than him, and I beleive that in this situation he is probably the worst person we could have in charge.

Heisenberg

Some people believe that all pubs should be closed and never allowed to reopen
    You keep saying this but I've literally never heard it uttered by a single person.

You keep saying this but I've literally never heard it uttered by a single person.
    Me neither, why would people want that even if they don't go to pubs?

some people are saying the world is flat, 5G causes coronavirus and lizards control the world

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Me neither, why would people want that even if they don't go to pubs?
    you should try living in a place like Llandaff lol. The other day someone called the police because the pub was serving take-away beers and they objected to people walking in the street carrying beer police came and agreed with the landlord that he was within his right but asked him to stop "For now" because "these people" will call everyone in any authority to make it happen and just cause more trouble. Believe me there are a lot of very sad and miserable people in this place

I have not heard one person say it, every single person I know is desperate for pubs to open.

you should try living in a place like Llandaff lol. The other day someone called the police because the pub was serving take-away beers and they objected to people walking in the street carrying beer police came and agreed with the landlord that he was within his right but asked him to stop "For now" because "these people" will call everyone in any authority to make it happen and just cause more trouble. Believe me there are a lot of very sad and miserable people in this place
    Yeah but that's very different to the pubs actually being open isn't it? If you've jumped to "some people believe that all pubs should be closed and never allowed to reopen" from incidents like that then it explains a lot about a lot of your big statements in other posts

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah but that's very different to the pubs actually being open isn't it? If you've jumped to "some people believe that all pubs should be closed and never allowed to reopen" from incidents like that then it explains a lot about a lot of your big statements in other posts
    But there really are people like that, and they do hold undue influence with the powers that be. You may choose not to believe it if you wish.

But there really are people like that, and they do hold undue influence with the powers that be. You may choose not to believe it if you wish.
    That's a load of complete bollocks

Thank you, I choose not to believe your entirely made up thing