+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It depends how bad things get i suppose. Ireland have closed all schools i believe, what evidence that is based on i don't know. I'm edging towards keeping things as normal as possible while being sensible. Normality can be predicted and allowed for, sweeping changes can't be predicted by scientists and medical bods. Just be sensible and try not to overload on to much media hype.
    Im not sure it is media hype if you’re over 70 or have any sort of under lying condition.

Schools are being closed because kids are carriers of the disease but don’t get affected that badly by the symptoms in lots of cases. So quite likely to infect parents and grandparents.

Seriously if you are over 70 or have any sort of breathing related illness I’d be staying away from other people for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I don’t quite get why Ireland shut schools either, it’s one of the reasons it got so bad for the elderly in Italy as it’s the grandparents that look after the kids. Normal People aren’t going to just stop work unless the government agree to pay their bills and mortgages and we all know that won’t happen. Kids not in school, who will look after them? A good few I know my kids age are nurses and Gp’s......
    People will be working from home unless it’s not possible soon. I’m London based and we have already been told to work from home until told otherwise.

I imagine if things get any worse this will start happening with more companies pretty soon.

Well the schools and colleges are shut for 2/3 weeks now for Easter anyway, maybe add a week and go lockdown? It can’t exist after 2 or 3 weeks can it?

It'll be interesting to see the effects of much reduced air travel on co2 levels.

Well, I don't need a calculator to deduce that 18,000 in one country with 5% of the world's population is an awful lot more than 6,500 in the entire world. This coronavirus is so mild for so many who are infected that they were never tested and so those umpteen millions would dramatically reduce the mortality rate.

What is really extraordinary is the non-stop overblown hype and countries choosing to take a wrecking ball to their own economies.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well, I don't need a calculator to deduce that 18,000 in one country with 5% of the world's population is an awful lot more than 6,500 in the entire world. This coronavirus is so mild for so many who are infected that they were never tested and so those umpteen millions would dramatically reduce the mortality rate.

What is really extraordinary is the non-stop overblown hype and countries choosing to take a wrecking ball to their own economies.
    So, would you self isolate?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, would you self isolate?
    Sure I would. The one time I had flu, which was a long time ago, I didn't have the strength to climb out of bed for 10 days.

Sure I would. The one time I had flu, which was a long time ago, I didn't have the strength to climb out of bed for 10 days.
    Self isolate is not the same as being very ill.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Self isolate is not the same as being very ill.
    Oh, you believe Bobsy meant would I self-isolate if ordered to by government decree. Probably.

People have been asked to self isolate if they have a raised temperature or a new, persistent cough, would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People have been asked to self isolate if they have a raised temperature or a new, persistent cough, would you do that?
    Yes I would. But not before coughing and spluttering on an old git down the street who I can't stand.

(That was a joke, incidentally, before the school snitch Lardy has another meltdown.)

You're right that we don't know the true number of cases, although this is not because they all had it so mild they didn't bother being tested. If the virus is in "umpteen millions" as you predict in a matter of weeks then that surely suggests something very serious.

I guess we're left with two options. Either countries everywhere are taking a wrecking ball to their economies for no good reason, or Organ Morgan on ccmb is wrong.

Place your bets folks.

You're right that we don't know the true number of cases, although this is not because they all had it so mild they didn't bother being tested. If the virus is in "umpteen millions" as you predict in a matter of weeks then that surely suggests something very serious.

I guess we're left with two options. Either countries everywhere are taking a wrecking ball to their economies for no good reason, or Organ Morgan on ccmb is wrong.

Place your bets folks.
    Whether my hypothesis is right or wrong is moot because the result will be identical as economic pain on steroids cometh.

Organ, you can spend the time speculating on what kind of job I have because I'm so stupid (pizza delivery or work in an office http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5056369 ) but the truth is that people with your attitude will cause the deaths of others. I know you won't accept it, but it is true.

Organ, you can spend the time speculating on what kind of job I have because I'm so stupid (pizza delivery or work in an office http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5056369
    It was just a bit of banter mate, we all know you are a Russia collusion expert in real life!

Whether my hypothesis is right or wrong is moot because the result will be identical as economic pain on steroids cometh.
    Is that your most important consideration?

Yes. Because in my opinion total economic collapse on a global scale would kill many more than any virus will because of famine and disease.

Yes. Because in my opinion total economic collapse on a global scale would kill many more than any virus will because of famine and disease.
    The wisest post I've seen on this matter ,if the economy collapses ,there goes health care ,drugs ,food in comes crime ,famine and worse diseases, as we turn into herded animals .

That is why the UK has tried to adopt the restrained approach because humans left to their own devices are selfish , shit in a panic situation ( just check out the shopping behaviors ) , if fact humans create all this shit and show a dreadful lack of personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The wisest post I've seen on this matter ,if the economy collapses ,there goes health care ,drugs ,food in comes crime ,famine and worse diseases, as we turn into herded animals .

That is why the UK has tried to adopt the restrained approach because humans left to their own devices are selfish , shit in a panic situation ( just check out the shopping behaviors ) , if fact humans create all this shit and show a dreadful lack of personal responsibility.
    I agree, unfortunately they will let a few thousand oldies go before they see anarchy on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I agree, unfortunately they will let a few thousand oldies go before they see anarchy on the streets.
    Na we are very close to a complete lockdown like France and Spain. End of this week things are going to look very different imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Na we are very close to a complete lockdown like France and Spain. End of this week things are going to look very different imo.
    Can’t see it happening here, it’s not severe enough yet. Look at Cardiff county for ie, half a million people and just 10 cases is it?
    Maybe in London which is bound to have worse but not here, not yet anyway.

69 years and, 364 days ok to go out.
    69 plus 365 stay in you old twat.
    There's no joined up thinking.
    They want retired NHS to volunteer.
    ****ING JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    ****ING JOKE.
    They have to draw a line somewhere though, people just need to be sensible.

What would you rather them say?

https://apple.news/AuzEgjsYQTKutIc5GooaAkg

Link won’t work

It’s supposed to be a shopping hour for oldies

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    ****ING JOKE.
    But there has to be a cutoff. Obviously.

It's like kicking off that 17 years and 364 days you can't drink
    17 years plus 365 go get as shitfaced as you like