+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    this young lady who works for the NHS has her say doing the rounds on social media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBsSbS42IN4
    Nice girl, lovely language. Is she from Essex I wonder?

Over 1,700 new cases in the U.K. today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Over 1,700 new cases in the U.K. today.
    56 in wales, which is definitely creeping up

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Health officials say seven people from three different parties on Tui flight 6215 from Zante to Cardiff on Tuesday have tested positive for Covid-19.

7 from 3 different parties, I think that should put people off flying till this is all done and dusted

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Health officials say seven people from three different parties on Tui flight 6215 from Zante to Cardiff on Tuesday have tested positive for Covid-19.

7 from 3 different parties, I think that should put people off flying till this is all done and dusted
    Why anyone is prepared to be locked up in what is basically a sealed metal box for 2 or more hours with 200 or so other people, with most of the air being recirculated, in the middle of a serious viral pandemic, defies belief.

International

But cases are going up, but it is younger people testing positive, so deaths are not rising apparently.
    So is this a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But cases are going up, but it is younger people testing positive, so deaths are not rising apparently.
    So is this a good thing?
    Is deaths not rising apparently a good thing? It's a yes from me

But cases are going up
    There could be a good reason for that..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sensitive.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Why anyone is prepared to be locked up in what is basically a sealed metal box for 2 or more hours with 200 or so other people, with most of the air being recirculated, in the middle of a serious viral pandemic, defies belief.
    There's nowt so queer as folk

International

I think its the mentality of "It won't happen to me"
    People always think it will happen to someone else but not to them, but to be fair if we always thought it would be us in any bad situation we would never do anything at all.

People always think it will happen to someone else but not to them, but to be fair if we always thought it would be us in any bad situation we would never do anything at all.
    I accept that I take a risk every time I take my car to go somewhere but I can say with certainty that I will never catch COVID on a plane because I have no intention of travelling in one! There's risk taking and then there's sheer stupidity.

70 million people. 1 or 2 deaths per. day. It's not going to happen to you..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    the odds are strongly in his favour but you don't know it's not going to happen to him

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's more like 10 per day actually. Statistics don't mean a damn thing if you are the one in 7 million who dies of COVID! We had a close friend who died 3 years ago from CJD; she had inherited a faulty gene and it was said that this was a 1 in a million chance.

16 now according to today's news!!

This makes two incidents that reflect badly on Wales, the other being the plonkers who organised the "rave" in the Dulais valley. Hopefully the £10K fines will deter similar behaviour.

This makes two incidents that reflect badly on Wales, the other being the plonkers who organised the "rave" in the Dulais valley. Hopefully the £10K fines will deter similar behaviour.
    not sure the plane incident reflects badly on Wales, afterall planes are taking off all over the world
    If airlines put planes on, people will use them, even now, people are told that its " as safe as they can make it " with masks and spraying the plane before they board, people are making the call on if the risk is acceptable

"Portugal return to quarantine list would cause chaos and hardship" (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53980191)

Sorry, but this is non-essential travel. Anyone travelling abroad under current circumstances knows that guidelines can (and do) change at any moment, so be ready to accept the risk and stop moaning.

All these new cases around Europe, Asia, USA, India a few here but none reporting the high death toll like before. Is the virus strain getting weaker like some have alluded to? Are we just better at treating it or is it hitting a different demographic now who just dont get hospitalised? Be nice to know, Particularly for those still sort of shielding, are people still doing it?

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    All these new cases around Europe, Asia, USA, India a few here but none reporting the high death toll like before. Is the virus strain getting weaker like some have alluded to? Are we just better at treating it or is it hitting a different demographic now who just dont get hospitalised? Be nice to know, Particularly for those still sort of shielding, are people still doing it?
    It was suggested that the virus is beinga. less agressive because it doesn't want it's host to die because then it will die itself, and b. maybe following on from that it seems to be infecting a younger age group who don't have such severe reaction to it.
    I commented some time ago about the death rate nor really rising, I just hope that scientists and politicians do not start to be less aggressive in dealing with it because it is apparently less dangerous.

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject...rom%20%251%24s

Scotland puts 14 day quarantine on travellers from Greece.

International

Big increase in people going for tests in S Wales today but no one seems to know if there is a specific reason.

I wonder if it's teachers getting tested before they go back into the classroom?

Another Zante to Cardiff flight asked to isolate.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...olate-18863129

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Another Zante to Cardiff flight asked to isolate.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...olate-18863129
    No more flights to/from Zante as of tonight.