+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    More great work from the WAG:

From 9th November, groups of four people from different households will be allowed to meet indoors at pubs, cafes and restaurants. Larger groups of people who all live in the same house will be allowed to eat and drink out together. However, Drakeford has confirmed that meeting people from outside a household bubble in a private garden will not be allowed.

Genius. Absolute genius.
    Theyve got to prebook a time slot as well.

My local has been doing this since reopening.

Bit different to a City Centre on a weekend night though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theyve got to prebook a time slot as well.
    Apparently, a pub is a 'regulated setting'.....

Yes.
    Right, from where i'm sitting it seems that within a business setting you can meet more people, where it is law to have social distancing and things can be regulated-Am i correct?

In the home, where people can do what they like, where there aren't social distancig measures in place, you can't meet up with so may people-Am i still on track?

If i am correct then it seems to make perfect sense to me because some people take the piss and act like ***** with a few drinks inside of them.

More regulated that someones front room and a couple of crates of Bow.

Are you saying it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Are you saying it isn't?
    Gosh, I guess I am!

Gosh, I guess I am!
    But you need a number of licences to run a pub and are subject to the various parts of the Licensing Act so I guess they are.

But you need a number of licences to run a pub and are subject to the various parts of the Licensing Act so I guess they are.
    Ah, right. That's the problem solved, then. I'm amazed they closed any in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Right, from where i'm sitting it seems that within a business setting you can meet more people, where it is law to have social distancing and things can be regulated-Am i correct?

In the home, where people can do what they like, where there aren't social distancig measures in place, you can't meet up with so may people-Am i still on track?

If i am correct then it seems to make perfect sense to me because some people take the piss and act like ***** with a few drinks inside of them.
    Yes.
    In your home you can only have people in who you have formed a household bubble with which can be 1 other household

For myself it will be my parents. So noone else should come in and vice versa.

In a pub. Ive only just looked but I can meet up with 3 friends if i prebook and social distance.

The only thing im unsure of is I play 5 a side 3 times a week. Even though its less than 15 people I presume I wont be able to play as its not regulated by a committe. Unless the Sports Centre regulate. Soon find out.

Ah, right. That's the problem solved, then. I'm amazed they closed any in the first place.
    I didn’t say it solved the problem. You said they aren’t regulated, I merely pointed out they are.

More regulated that someones front room and a couple of crates of Bow.
    How about their garden? Incidentally, I've visited two pubs since March. It's fair to say the social distancing rules were not being rigorously enforced in either. In fairness, doing so would have been pretty much impossible for the staff.

It was said yesterday that places such as leisure centres community centres etc will allow gatherings or five aside as they have someone that can be held responsible. Ie the operator.
    Yes.
    In your home you can only have people in who you have formed a household bubble with which can be 1 other household

For myself it will be my parents. So noone else should come in and vice versa.

In a pub. Ive only just looked but I can meet up with 3 friends if i prebook and social distance.

The only thing im unsure of is I play 5 a side 3 times a week. Even though its less than 15 people I presume I wont be able to play as its not regulated by a committe. Unless the Sports Centre regulate. Soon find out.

I didn’t say it solved the problem. You said they aren’t regulated, I merely pointed out they are.
    There didn't seem to be much in the way of regulation in one of the two beer gardens I visited during the summer. If any. But they have a licence, so all is well in the world.

How about their garden? Incidentally, I've visited two pubs since March. It's fair to say the social distancing rules were not being rigorously enforced is in either. In fairness, doing so would have been pretty much impossible for the staff.
    This is my experience too.

It’s worth noting that assaults on door staff have been growing with increased restriction on venues.

Incredibly hard to keep on top of.

Drakeford said that he was delaying announcing the rules on hospitality due to the border with England.

The prebooking with ID should be a solution for them.

Cardiff City Centre though.........

It was said yesterday that places such as leisure centres community centres etc will allow gatherings or five aside as they have someone that can be held responsible. Ie the operator.
    Cheers.

There didn't seem to be much in the way of regulation in one of the two beer gardens I visited during the summer. If any. But they have a licence, so all is well in the world.

Two more venues in RCT have had their venues closed for breaches of their licence today for failing Covid rules.

Maybe you should have alerted the authorities.

Doesn't it depend on the definition of regulate? If regulate means establishments or places that are allowed to remain open under Covid Restrictions but have a regulatory responsibility to identify individuals for tracking and tracing purposes and exclude individuals unwilling to do that or meet the rules of gatherings then that could help dealing with the dichotomy of indoor allowed/outdoor not?

Incredibly hard to keep on top of.
    What I found amazing at the first I visited was that they had a large table set up for around 16 people. This was when you still had to be outside and pre-book and all that stuff. And when the people who had booked this large table started arriving, social distancing was absolute zero amongst them - all blokes, all in their forties and fifties by the look of them, big bear hugs, handshakes, the works.

What I found amazing at the first I visited was that they had a large table set up for around 16 people. This was when you still had to be outside and pre-book and all that stuff. And when the people who had booked this large table started arriving, social distancing was absolute zero amongst them - all blokes, all in their forties and fifties by the look of them, big bear hugs, handshakes, the works.
    Then we are fighting a losing battle.

That said there are 3 or 4 licensing officers covering all Cardiff which will also cover taxi's food places etc. They have no chance.

Maybe you should have alerted the authorities.
    I thought the authorities were already on high alert?

Not my style. Personally, I think the staff in these places have an almost impossible task in the current climate. I've felt quite comfortable on the small handful of occasions that I've been out to pubs or restaurants since this thing started, but notion that social distancing is strictly followed in pubs and is somehow being regulated doesn't tally with my experiences.

This is why trusting the people doesnt work.

Im suprised the pub in question hasnt been closed down. In RCT pubs are inspected regularly been closures and improvement notices and warnings dished out.

How this pub allowed this I dont know.

How about their garden? Incidentally, I've visited two pubs since March. It's fair to say the social distancing rules were not being rigorously enforced in either. In fairness, doing so would have been pretty much impossible for the staff.
    Depends on how many people are in the garden and how the interact i suppose, and that's the problem, isn't it? And it's going to end up in the house, especially this time of year. As for the pubs, that's a matter for the landlord i suppose. They must have rules on social distancing and capacity, if they're not prepared to carry them out then that's not the governments fault. By that reckoning shops would have to close as it's impossible to completely social distance when overtaking the dickhead family who like to fill the aisle with their super sized backsides.

This is why trusting the people doesnt work.

Im suprised the pub in question hasnt been closed down. In RCT pubs are inspected regularly been closures and improvement notices and warnings dished out.

How this pub allowed this I dont know.
    Exactly - My football club (Treforest) have had a few visits and made to make greater space savings to stop too many people being close.

Suppose the police will say staffing and cuts mean they can't get everywhere.

Depends on how many people are in the garden and how the interact i suppose, and that's the problem, isn't it?
    I guess I'm particularly sore about this particular piece of news due to my sister-in-law's situation. I know the government has a thankless task in some respects, but some of these restrictions really do seem petty and unreasonable to me, and I also think they make little sense in reality. Drakeford and Co are basically saying that people can't be trusted to behave in their own gardens but they can be trusted in a pub because there are bar staff present. Bit daft if you ask me.