+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 290 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Dr Anthony Fauci has just come out and said the fatality rate of the Corona virus could be 0.1%, which is the same as pandemic flu. Would that be cause to shut down the entire global economic system? Furthermore, this research is ongoing, so it's not going to be a random decision that will get everybody back to work. The alternative option of doing nothing is fraught with danger, unless you are ok with the idea of the world descending into a Mad Max scenario.
    But we have a vaccine for flu. And the fatality rate in every country has been over 0.1% for covid. Plus isn’t the issue not the death rate but the fact hospitals get overwhelmed because a lot of people need treatment? That causes more people to die.

Surely having most people working from home for a few months is going to better for the global economy than a load of people dying?

The direct death rate not being the biggest issue has been discussed so much I can’t believe people keep going back to it.

There is a huge difference between a recession and halting global economic activity. Keeping everybody at home for 18 months has never been tried before. How are they going to feed everybody?
    When has anyone suggested keeping people at home for 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    When has anyone suggested keeping people at home for 18 months?
    How long are you going to do it for then? The virus will come in 3 waves, so it's pointless doing it for a few months unless you have a long-term strategy. I reckon we will see more testing and stricter quarantine conditions. Didn't China remove all of the infected people away from their communities? You'd need massive facilities to do that though.

How long are you going to do it for then? The virus will come in 3 waves, so it's pointless doing it for a few months unless you have a long-term strategy. I reckon we will see more testing and stricter quarantine conditions. Didn't China remove all of the infected people away from their communities? You'd need massive facilities to do that though.
    China did a quarantine for around 4-6 weeks and locked down wuhan. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next there.

It’s not pointless doing it for a few months because you can flatten the curve. We may have to do it again and we may not, maybe things can be relaxed soon and maybe not.

It’s not like it stops everyone working anyway. Everyone I know is working as normal from home for now.

Either way it’s better than the situation in Italy and Spain.

China did a quarantine for around 4-6 weeks and locked down wuhan. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next there.

It’s not pointless doing it for a few months because you can flatten the curve. We may have to do it again and we may not, maybe things can be relaxed soon and maybe not.

It’s not like it stops everyone working anyway. Everyone I know is working as normal from home for now.

Either way it’s better than the situation in Italy and Spain.
    China also sat on the virus for over 6 weeks, persecuted whistleblowers and told WHO in Jan they'd had no person to person infections. Invoking CHina in anything relating to this is an utter joke unless apportioning blame to them for the chaos caused.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    China also sat on the virus for over 6 weeks, persecuted whistleblowers and told WHO in Jan they'd had no person to person infections. Invoking CHina in anything relating to this is an utter joke unless apportioning blame to them for the chaos caused.
    I’m not saying China are perfect but they managed to flatten the number of infections pretty well.

I work for a Chinese company and spend quite a bit of time there and work with chinese colleagues by video link every day so whilst I wouldn’t trust everything their government says, I believe they have a safe number of cases for the time being.

They should be blamed for covering it up too and face sanctions but they won’t.

I’m not saying China are perfect but they managed to flatten the number of infections pretty well.

I work for a Chinese company and spend quite a bit of time there and work with chinese colleagues by video link every day so whilst I wouldn’t trust everything their government says, I believe they have a safe number of cases for the time being.

They should be blamed for covering it up too and face sanctions but they won’t.
    Given it's been covered up already, i don't believe a single figure they publish. I suspect quite a few people with coughs may very well have been disappeared.

Banned

Given it's been covered up already, i don't believe a single figure they publish. I suspect quite a few people with coughs may very well have been disappeared.

On this I agree. I think they may have contained it in Wuhan. But, the rest of the most populous country in the world having few cases (and those only being imported) seems implausible.

The Chief Medical Officer now thinks he has it

Piers Corbyn, Jeremy's brother, has a lot to say about Covid-19 on his twitter account. https://twitter.com/Piers_Corbyn?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

His views have reached a wider audience.

Jeremy Corbyn’s Brother Claims Bill Gates And George Soros Are Behind Coronavirus - https://www.sgtreport.com/2020/03/je...d-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Piers Corbyn, Jeremy's brother, has a lot to say about Covid-19 on his twitter account. https://twitter.com/Piers_Corbyn?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

His views have reached a wider audience.

Jeremy Corbyn’s Brother Claims Bill Gates And George Soros Are Behind Coronavirus - https://www.sgtreport.com/2020/03/je...d-coronavirus/
    Lunatic just like his brother

You can rest assured that Piers Corbyn, nor anyone else, will appear on the BBC to challenge the narrative because people might decide to conduct their own research to help determine whether his views have merit or not, and we can't have that.

Corbyn would no doubt mention Event 201, which he alludes in his twitter messages. A search for Event 201 at the BBC site draws a blank. It's almost as if - shock, horror - Auntie doesn't want us to know anything about it.

You can rest assured that Piers Corbyn, nor anyone else, will appear on the BBC to challenge the narrative because people might decide to conduct their own research to help determine whether his views have merit or not, and we can't have that.

Corbyn would no doubt mention Event 201, which he alludes in his twitter messages. A search for Event 201 at the BBC site draws a blank. It's almost as if - shock, horror - Auntie doesn't want us to know anything about it.

Could it be because Piers is an utter ****wit, antisemite, climate change denying loon who makes Jeremy look like Albert Einstein? Nah, must be a CONSPIRACY.

Could it be because Piers is an utter ****wit, antisemite, climate change denying loon who makes Jeremy look like Albert Einstein? Nah, must be a CONSPIRACY.
    Okay, I'll play along. What is your views about Event 201? Do you believe it was sheer coincidence that a coronavirus outbreak was simulated six weeks before it occurred?

Okay, I'll play along. What is your views about Event 201? Do you believe it was sheer coincidence that a coronavirus outbreak was simulated six weeks before it occurred?
    Ok, I'll play along.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

People seeing low scale epidemics around the world, concerned, role pla the scenario must clearly mean it was all orchestrated... lmfao.

It's not just toilet roll and pasta that sold old, clearly tinfoil too.

Corbyn is an idiot. He claims people haven't died of coronavirus they just happened to have coronavirus...

City donate 1,000 tickets to NHS workers.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ts-nhs-workers

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    City donate 1,000 tickets to NHS workers.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ts-nhs-workers
    Poor bastards.

Interesting section below of an item in the Independents online news coverage, which I think puts the current situation in perspective. Some of the media coverage of the outbreak has been disgracefully designed to deliberately panic the public :-

‘Despite the obvious seriousness of the situation it is important to keep the threat in perspective (during the 2017-18 UK flu season there were 26,408 deaths and 1,692 in 2018-2019). The UK's chief medical officer Chris Whitty estimates a mortality rate for coronavirus of one per cent. (Other earlier estimates have been higher at between 2 to 3.4 per cent].
    In comparison, SARS had a mortality rate of more than 10 per cent.’

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Interesting section below of an item in the Independents online news coverage, which I think puts the current situation in perspective. Some of the media coverage of the outbreak has been disgracefully designed to deliberately panic the public :-

‘Despite the obvious seriousness of the situation it is important to keep the threat in perspective (during the 2017-18 UK flu season there were 26,408 deaths and 1,692 in 2018-2019). The UK's chief medical officer Chris Whitty estimates a mortality rate for coronavirus of one per cent. (Other earlier estimates have been higher at between 2 to 3.4 per cent].
    In comparison, SARS had a mortality rate of more than 10 per cent.’
    We're living in an era of media saturation which can dictate how we perceive the event at the expense of objective analysis. If the BBC had announced one day in 2018 that "1500" people had died today from flu-related causes", and followed up with reports of over-run hospitals etc., I'm sure we would have been horrified. I reckon the audience for the TV News from 6pm onwards is massive and like myself most are almost in a panic by the end of the reports. Then you look at the numbers and the deaths - albeit to date - are equivalent to 9 for a city the size of Birmingham. In 2020 in the Western World we aren't as close to death as those African Countries where make shift hospitals are full of malnourished babies dying in their mothers' arms - we live in a cosy, well-managed world without the hardships other poorer people experience every day. I think it's like FDR said about 'nothing to fear but fear itself".

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We're living in an era of media saturation which can dictate how we perceive the event at the expense of objective analysis. If the BBC had announced one day in 2018 that "1500" people had died today from flu-related causes", and followed up with reports of over-run hospitals etc., I'm sure we would have been horrified. I reckon the audience for the TV News from 6pm onwards is massive and like myself most are almost in a panic by the end of the reports. Then you look at the numbers and the deaths - albeit to date - are equivalent to 9 for a city the size of Birmingham. In 2020 in the Western World we aren't as close to death as those African Countries where make shift hospitals are full of malnourished babies dying in their mothers' arms - we live in a cosy, well-managed world without the hardships other poorer people experience every day. I think it's like FDR said about 'nothing to fear but fear itself".
    It's becoming fun now. For how long will monkfish refuse to accept that it is a real problem? I would have been sure the tail end of march, but apparently not!

I'm suggesting it's relatively harmless to those who haven't something seriously wrong with them prior. Of course that's more acute when they're elderly who have a habit of dying when they reach 80+.

I'm suggesting it's relatively harmless to those who haven't something seriously wrong with them prior. Of course that's more acute when they're elderly who have a habit of dying when they reach 80+.
    I'm not disagreeing.

The virus weakens the immune system making those symptoms deadly. No virus then there's less chance of death as the immune system would be in a better position. Generalisation, sure, but...

Some would die anyway. Some would not die in normal circumstances.

Nice to see you've backed away from Event 201...

I didn't back away from Event 201. The BBC have. I didn't make it up that there's no mention of it on their site. They have form for suppressing news as anyone familiar with my posts on the Politics forum with regard to the annual Bilderberg bash will already know.

I didn't back away from Event 201. The BBC have. I didn't make it up that there's no mention of it on their site. They have form for suppressing news as anyone familiar with my posts on the Politics forum with regard to the annual Bilderberg bash will already know.
    Ah yes, the secretive Bilderberg group meetings that are well documented on the web...

But back to the Event 201 thing, maybe the media aren't covering it due to it being scaremongering, utter bollocks? "People that see regular local epidemics look to see what would happen in a pandemic" shocker...

Principality Stadium is to be used as a temporary hospital.

2,000 beds