+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 350 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    IN due course The Daily Mail will probably run a story about those whose lives were saved due to the German ventilators: when fit again the survivors developed an overwhelming urge to invade Poland.
    I can already see the headline:

Cov-ert Operation

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Cov-ert Operation
    Virus blitzed by Bed Panzers

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Attachment 3578

How long before this kind of nonsense makes its way into this board.
    Looks like Gluey is playing Number 14 in the Antibody Test thread

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Cov-ert Operation

"Merkel cure.............."

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Looks like Gluey is playing Number 14 in the Antibody Test thread
    Make sure you are the first in line mate, and if you are still alive and posting on here after 6 months, I might have one too.

When does Westminster open up again? Aware that it is larger and therefore will take some more doing but Holyrood and Senedd are back up and running for virtual First Minister's questions plus.

One thing I am troubled by across the British media is how their reporting of Spain and Italy was of unanimous tragedy. And their reporting of us in an equivalent situation is one of almost triumph and British grit and hold-tight-we-are-nearly-over-the-worst and hooray for Boris.

https://twitter.com/matthaig1/status...57841249099777

As @patel4witham is taking the podium I would once again like to reiterate that it should be MPs as well as council leaders and hospital chiefs should be able to ask questions not just journalists. I have so much I'd like to ask her.

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/sta...93105770094592
    The health of Boris Johnson is, by extension, the health of the nation itself

Allison Pearson, the Telegraph.
    The obfuscation of information continues to cost lives but is also weakening separation of UK government officials and experts - this will ultimately lead to these chosen experts being blamed for political decisions and politicians blamed for scientific/health decisions until no one gets criticised for what they were responsible for and then no one gets criticised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    "Merkel cure.............."
    Thought she'd buggered off to LA via Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    When does Westminster open up again? Aware that it is larger and therefore will take some more doing but Holyrood and Senedd are back up and running for virtual First Minister's questions plus.
    There's little way to effectively distance in HoC.

At the moment trump is worse than the virus.Not making federal decisions and letting state by state out bid each other for essential gear.
    There is a model out there that is working....but i fear that politicians think that it's too expensive. The German model.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    At the moment trump is worse than the virus.Not making federal decisions and letting state by state out bid each other for essential gear.
    There is a model out there that is working....but i fear that politicians think that it's too expensive. The German model.
    The German Model is a Federal model though. But in this instance it seems the state and the Lander worked in harmony and collaboration rather than the Head of State calling the Governors/Heads of the Lander/States idiots/fake news sellers at daily press conferences and bad mouthing them on twitter. Didn't have to be like that with different Leadership.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ronavirus-race

Last one from me for a while, people deserve a break from worrying news, but as the daily briefings become campaign trail propaganda and some journalists are more likely to report on Boris Johnson's choice of TV/films instead of why Donald Trump is using the UK and Sweden as example of how bad things could have been, please don't let those who left us more vulnerable than we ever needed to be get away with a free ride to continue to avoid scrutiny:

ANALYSIS: PM’s rhetoric on testing doesn’t match the reality. He said we could “turn the tide" on virus in 12 wks if we followed rules to slow the spread. That was our bit of the bargain. His was to materially scale up testing. So far he’s fallen short

https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status...91091295567874
    With 1,000 deaths a day, our leaders should be facing far tougher questions

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...minic-raab-nhs

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe because that is what he was being told by his chief medical advisor?

Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/h...ds/4787209002/
    Don't do him down.

His uncle lectured at MIT for a record number of years. He says people are always surprised at how well he understands this stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...and-this-stuff

Why would he need to listen to advisors?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Don't do him down.

His uncle lectured at MIT for a record number of years. He says people are always surprised at how well he understands this stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...and-this-stuff

Why would he need to listen to advisors?
    I remember challenging a grade once after spending a lot of time researching a specific topic, and the lecturer at my top tier university said I didn't know what I was talking about. So I contacted the professor at MIT in America who was the originator of this particular field of study and he said my work was outstanding, and my understanding of the subject was at PhD level. It was then that I realised that most universities are treadmills, and that it was entirely possible to self-educate oneself if you have the requisite skillset.
    Couldn't be the same MIT Professor that told WB, contrary to the marking of the top tier university tutor that his essay was shit surely?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Couldn't be the same MIT Professor that told WB, contrary to the marking of the top tier university tutor that his essay was shit surely?
    Thank you for highlighting the fact that I went to a top university, and maybe this explains why I am able to easily deconstruct all the BS that you constantly post on here

Thank you for highlighting the fact that I went to a top university, and maybe this explains why I am able to easily deconstruct all the BS that you constantly post on here
    Munchausen University's website does indeed state that it is top tier as you proclaimed. I will concede that!

https://twitter.com/laineydoyle/stat...876128259?s=19

Interesting thread contrasting the difference between England and Ireland's approach to the crisis.

There can be many factor going into infection rates.

Genuine question, does Ireland have the same clusters of population densities, similar demographics etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/laineydoyle/stat...876128259?s=19

Interesting thread contrasting the difference between England and Ireland's approach to the crisis.
    I remember being shocked at Ireland closing everything before us.

Turns out outside of Johnson’s cronies we were advised to do similar. They decided to **** us and the economy instead.

What about our country/system is it that makes politicians simply incapable of taking responsibility for something?

Alok Sharma gives us the latest bungling attempt, 'I am sorry if people feel they are not able to get this equipment (PPE)'.

What about our country/system is it that makes politicians simply incapable of taking responsibility for something?

Alok Sharma gives us the latest bungling attempt, 'I am sorry if people feel they are not able to get this equipment (PPE)'.
    abject failure to answer any questions, very poor

I didn't see the briefing he gave about ten days ago, but he received a lot of criticism after it. It's only fair that I say that I have a degree of sympathy for any Government spokesman in the current situation because they're there to be shot at, but, having watched him today, I feel he should be kept away from media interviews if possible - he was very poor.

This is an unprecedented time of national emergency with a worldwide shortage of PPE equipment and materials and a logistical nightmare trying to get it all to the ‘front line’. It is very easy for left wing politicians, union leaders and keyboard warriors to criticise the Government whilst being bankrupt of their own ideas as to how to solve the situation. Perhaps instead of constantly moaning at individual politicians, trying to make cheap political points, they should all get off their backsides and do something useful by using their resources to either help produce or deliver the PPE.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is an unprecedented time of national emergency with a worldwide shortage of PPE equipment and materials and a logistical nightmare trying to get it all to the ‘front line’. It is very easy for left wing politicians, union leaders and keyboard warriors to criticise the Government whilst being bankrupt of their own ideas as to how to solve the situation. Perhaps instead of constantly moaning at individual politicians, trying to make cheap political points, they should all get off their backsides and do something useful by using their resources to either help produce or deliver the PPE.
    Yeah and they should let some immigrants stay in their house while they're at it.