+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 350 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I agree, but if you follow the trail the guy has been making comments that are not in line with what I post, but in who he thinks I am.
    You have an inflated opinion of your own importance. I don't really give a toss who you are and care even less about what you think and choose to try and impose on others. Now reply, because we know you must have the last word!

Data is a 4 days old, but giving a %age of the population gives a little more context as to how each country
    is managing the outbreak.
    I think it has been (Sweden defo) and Brazil who have used the herd approach.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Data is a 4 days old, but giving a %age of the population gives a little more context as to how each country
    is managing the outbreak.
    I think it has been (Sweden defo) and Brazil who have used the herd approach.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/
    Sweden it’s too early to tell but my Swedish colleague thinks it might work because they’re a lot less social than a lot of other European countries.

Brazil are the first Southern Hemisphere country to have 1000+ deaths. It could go badly for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Is Wales faring slightly better than England in all this?
    https://www.euromomo.eu/index.html
    This site seems to suggest so, which is strange as I thought early data was that there were proportionally a lot of cases here.
    This shows all excess deaths, so if there were people dying from things other than covid 19 because all of the resources were tied up with covid 19 then it would show up here.
    Like you, my early impression was that Wales was faring pretty poorly compared to other countries (we were ahead of Scotland in the death figures for some time), so I was a little surprised to see us coloured pale blue on that chart, but I think it's right to say that our figures have been fairly steady for a while now, so maybe things have improved recently in relation to others?

Fauci reckons earlier lockdown could have saved American lives: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-52264860

Gove out of isolation after Chris Whiity gives permission for his Daughter to be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Fauci reckons earlier lockdown could have saved American lives: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-52264860
    We will see the same splits between advisors and government soon I think. Politicians have been using their medical and scientific advisors as cover for poor decision making.

Would be interested to hear from Wales Bales as in the politics forum thread he was unequivocally against an earlier shut down and frequently using statements from Fauci to explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I remember challenging a grade once after spending a lot of time researching a specific topic, and the lecturer at my top tier university said I didn't know what I was talking about. So I contacted the professor at MIT in America who was the originator of this particular field of study and he said my work was outstanding, and my understanding of the subject was at PhD level. It was then that I realised that most universities are treadmills, and that it was entirely possible to self-educate oneself if you have the requisite skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Couldn't be the same MIT Professor that told WB, contrary to the marking of the top tier university tutor that his essay was shit surely?

Oh my god

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We will see the same splits between advisors and government soon I think. Politicians have been using their medical and scientific advisors as cover for poor decision making.

Would be interested to hear from Wales Bales as in the politics forum thread he was unequivocally against an earlier shut down and frequently using statements from Fauci to explain why.
    You could save yourself the time and save him the bother of typing by just looking at Trump's twitter feed. Whatever's on there will be his line.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Oh my god
    Is this Wales Bales?

150613_512x288_generated.jpg

That’s how Walesbales is always on here, he’s already making shit loads from computers!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You could save yourself the time and save him the bother of typing by just looking at Trump's twitter feed. Whatever's on there will be his line.
    You are a very bitter person. I tried to share detailed information with you, so that you could see things in a different light, but you wouldn't listen and you just carried on posting your usual garbage. When people make mistakes they usually reevaluate where they are going wrong, but you are like no one I've ever met before. I mean it takes a special kind of stupid to keep on believing things that have already been totally discredited. Your only possible excuse is that you are just doing it for a wind up!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That’s how Walesbales is always on here, he’s already making shit loads from computers!
    Well you could say that

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You are a very bitter person. I tried to share detailed information with you, so that you could see things in a different light, but you wouldn't listen and you just carried on posting your usual garbage. When people make mistakes they usually reevaluate where they are going wrong, but you are like no one I've ever met before. I mean it takes a special kind of stupid to keep on believing things that have already been totally discredited. Your only possible excuse is that you are just doing it for a wind up!
    If he was it looks like he succeeded. LoM please take note this is what it looks like when someone bites.

They wanted to do the herd immunity thing Pearcey3 , it was something straight out of the Nazis eugenics playbook.

Yes, as in the Johnson interview on This Morning where he outlined the pros of herd immunity and then said "but I disagree with that".

The sooner we can get back to talking about Cardiff City the better.

We should have learnt off other countries, we had a few weeks grace and wasted it, right wing austerity measures over many years is going to cost us dear unfortunately.

Different countries have different scenarios though, can't ignore that - it's not one size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Different countries have different scenarios though, can't ignore that - it's not one size fits all.
    Indeed not all other countries had many years of right wing austerity measures decimating their health service.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Indeed not all other countries had many years of right wing austerity measures decimating their health service.
    So you're saying every nation has exactly the same demographics, population densities etc?

Perhaps you can point out to all those NHS equivalents in the world that aren't insurance based?

So you're saying every nation has exactly the same demographics, population densities etc?

Perhaps you can point out to all those NHS equivalents in the world that aren't insurance based?
    Good God no, look at Wales we have an old population exacubated by immigrants from England who tend to be old and a drain on our Welsh NHS and our services, we don't get compensated by the English NHS for taking their oldies, the Barnet formula is not fit for purpose.

Why not just look at the similar ones? Do you think the U.K. is different enough to Spain, Italy and France that we couldn’t have looked to them and considered it might happen to us ?

Our medical experts were certainly advising us so.

Why would whether a healthcare system is funded through taxation or insurance have any bearing on how it handles a pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why would whether a healthcare system is funded through taxation or insurance have any bearing on how it handles a pandemic?
    I'm pointing out he's not comparing like with like. Some can get close, sure, but still differences.