+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 350 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    With our population and far less infected, we will be ok then.
    We’re not going to see a whole scale return of pupils and there’s going to be a lot of parents disappointed that their children will still be at home.

Additionally, it’ll be interesting if social distancing measures and the lack (at the moment) of PPE available for teaching staff proves to be an issue?

Some households are going to find child care problematic when returns to work are expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The UK economy will remain in the crapper for as long as social distancing is applied.
    Mash Report: "Plans are growing to reopen the economy, so that we can enjoy it one last time before Brexit."

https://twitter.com/uk_domain_names/...26220243673090
    It's a joke.... sort of.

Once Upon a Virus....the war of words could be ramping up

https://youtu.be/bK3cIoXccr8

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post

Bit dumb of the Chinese to go down this rd trying to take the piss, when the dust settles they might be held accountable by the whole world for trying to cover it up initially.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    We’re not going to see a whole scale return of pupils and there’s going to be a lot of parents disappointed that their children will still be at home.

Additionally, it’ll be interesting if social distancing measures and the lack (at the moment) of PPE available for teaching staff proves to be an issue?

Some households are going to find child care problematic when returns to work are expected.
    I know, I know a few folks high up in education at Cardiff council.....first few years of high school might not even get back, primary and last years of secondary first off

I know, I know a few folks high up in education at Cardiff council.....first few years of high school might not even get back, primary and last years of secondary first off
    We have a friend who is a head teacher at a school, yr 10 and 12 beck first for a few weeks looks like the plan

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We have a friend who is a head teacher at a school, yr 10 and 12 beck first for a few weeks looks like the plan
    Sure makes sense, possibly year 6 in primary for their last 6 weeks before big school too

That's not what those I know high up in education at Cardiff council have been saying. Mixed messages, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    That's not what those I know high up in education at Cardiff council have been saying. Mixed messages, no doubt.
    Drakeford said it on live tv today also.....I guess the people you know ain’t that’s high up.....

Surely the danger here is the fact that a large number of parents, grandparents etc. will be there to pick the primary schoolkids up?
    How can there be social distancing there?

Drakeford said it on live tv today also.....I guess the people you know ain’t that’s high up.....
    The wife, who is a head teacher saw Drakeford on TV this morning and it’s the first time she’d heard anything about a possible return. She’s as interested as anyone to see how this will work

WAG ain't Cardiff Council... as I said, no doubt mixed messages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post

Regarding wearing a mask, UK scientist's are saying there is only a marginal impact. It would be interesting to see what that is based on but would suggest wearing one is more about social politeness rather than health benefits?

"January: we discovered a new virus." January is a relatively long period of time with WHO outlining public health emergency of international concern on 30/01/2020. This video starts in 2019 so will be interesting to see if we ever get to find out what and when China told WHO and then subsequently WHO told the world.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its ok, we have glass half empty and glass half full type of people

during this, i am staying on the positive side of the fence, so in this case, the governments fudging of the figures doesnt trouble me ( we should be used to the government misleading us, its hardly a new thing ), i can take the positive that we have in around a 1 month increased testing capacity from a few thousand to around the 100 thousand mark, which can only be a good thing,

maybe top your glass up a little
    My glass needs topping up a lot after the latest farcical testing count!

OK if you don't want to compare UK testing to other countries which were better prepared and funded and that had clear leadership through the early stages of the pandemic and a political culture to match. But the government is failing even by its own measures despite fiddling its figures to make them look better than they are.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...0-daily-target

The next thing (after changing tests done to 'capacity' and then including retests and tests in the post) will be that the 100,000 target was just for one day at the end of April 2020. And whoopie, they 'achieved' that (even though they didn't)! Glass half full?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

OK if you don't want to compare UK testing to other countries which were better prepared and funded and that had clear leadership through the early stages of the pandemic and a political culture to match. But the government is failing even by its own measures despite fiddling its figures to make them look better than they are.

The next thing (after changing tests done to 'capacity' and then including retests and tests in the post) will be that the 100,000 target was just for one day at the end of April 2020. And whoopie, they 'achieved' that (even though they didn't)! Glass half full?
    The worst thing is that the UK was prepared. Few countries were prepared better. We had a pandemic response that other countries used as we were a world leader.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

The testing figures for this week will tell the story. If they are below the 100,000 target for today and tomorrow, I daresay the excuse will be that figures always drop on weekends and today is a bank holiday, but I see no reason why there shouldn't be 100,000 tests announced from Wednesday to next Saturday. If that doesn't happen, then someone like me who was prepared to give the Government the benefit of the doubt about how they reached Matt Hancock's target will have been proved wrong - it would have been party politics pure and simple which was the motive behind the figures announced on 1 and 2 May.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The UK economy will remain in the crapper for as long as social distancing is applied.
    Let the virus kill everyone. This is hurting Organ's savings portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The worst thing is that the UK was prepared. Few countries were prepared better. We had a pandemic response that other countries used as we were a world leader.
    Some people don't think so. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9466931.html

Shock horror, French dr claims Covid was present there before Christmas from blood tests taken at that time. Students returning from China probably infected the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The testing figures for this week will tell the story. If they are below the 100,000 target for today and tomorrow, I daresay the excuse will be that figures always drop on weekends and today is a bank holiday, but I see no reason why there shouldn't be 100,000 tests announced from Wednesday to next Saturday. If that doesn't happen, then someone like me who was prepared to give the Government the benefit of the doubt about how they reached Matt Hancock's target will have been proved wrong - it would have been party politics pure and simple which was the motive behind the figures announced on 1 and 2 May.
    Today isnt a Bank Holiday Bob.

Shock horror, French dr claims Covid was present there before Christmas from blood tests taken at that time. Students returning from China probably infected the world.....
    Why would students return from China to France before Christmas?

But this has come up on here before. Someone suggested that it was parents coming to collect their kids and do some sightseeing.

If it was in Europe before Christmas it could be any kind of travel. I'm sure you can from Paris to different parts of China direct. The world is very connected.

FAO Organ Morgan:

When did your suspicion change from the Chinese government possibly infecting its own population to kill off the elderly to the New World Order theory regarding the Coronavirus situation? And how do you square people being killed off in China and the virus being a hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why would students return from China to France before Christmas?

But this has come up on here before. Someone suggested that it was parents coming to collect their kids and do some sightseeing.

If it was in Europe before Christmas it could be any kind of travel. I'm sure you can from Paris to different parts of China direct. The world is very connected.
    Whatever, they come back and fore. I had a student from Hong Kong in a house I let out, both his parents came over before Christmas as did a couple of his mates....my mate lives in Venice where there are 1000s of Chinese tourists all the time, not just students

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Today isnt a Bank Holiday Bob.
    The first Monday in May always is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The first Monday in May always is.
    This year it's been moved to Friday to coincide with VE Day