+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 290 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

He thinks anyone who disagrees with him is having a pop.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He thinks anyone who disagrees with him is having a pop.
    Naw but I cannot believe that he thought I was actually serious, its just silly.

apparently the coronavirus test results have been disappearing into a "black hole" and thousands may be lost

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/ex...F4czgifQ%3D%3D

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    apparently the coronavirus test results have been disappearing into a "black hole" and thousands may be lost

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/ex...F4czgifQ%3D%3D
    That's helpful. (That was sarcasm I didn't mean it literally lol)

International

I think he should resign immediately. Not for making a mistake on briefing but for, by his own admission, breaching the very clear stringent rules in force in Wales about social isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think he should resign immediately. Not for making a mistake on briefing but for, by his own admission, breaching the very clear stringent rules in force in Wales about social isolation.
    NARRATOR: He didn't.

Drakeford has breached social isolation rules?

When was this. Hes in trouble if so.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Drakeford has breached social isolation rules?

When was this. Hes in trouble if so.
    He said he had ridden his bike though the park on the way to his allotment. He has been banging on for weeks about the only reason you can go out, to exercise, to go to work if you cannot work from home, etc etc. He didn't say anything about popping along and doing your allotment. Besides how far away from his home is it, and is that in compliance with his definition of 'local'?
    I know where he lives and the park her is referring to is probably either Llandaff fields or Pontcanna fields, or maybe both.

But please, whatever you do, don't take this post seriously!

He said he had ridden his bike though the park on the way to his allotment. He has been banging on for weeks about the only reason you can go out, to exercise, to go to work if you cannot work from home, etc etc. He didn't say anything about popping along and doing your allotment. Besides how far away from his home is it, and is that in compliance with his definition of 'local'?
    I know where he lives and the park her is referring to is probably either Llandaff fields or Pontcanna fields, or maybe both.

But please, whatever you do, don't take this post seriously!
    Sturgeon has her own issues too...

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...ke-conference/

Starmer requests Johnson returns to the Commons to correct the record on his Care Home advice.

Watching him v Starmer he really looks totally out of his depth.

Starmer requests Johnson returns to the Commons to correct the record on his Care Home advice.

Seems Starmer for all his skills needs to learn to read.

The document contains the following caveat...

"This guidance is intended for the current position in the UK where there is currently no transmission of COVID-19 in the community. It is therefore very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected. This is the latest information and will be updated shortly."

So based upon the information given at that point in time, Johnson did not lie..

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

"This guidance is intended for the current position in the UK where there is currently no transmission of COVID-19 in the community. It is therefore very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected. This is the latest information and will be updated shortly."

So based upon the information given at that point in time, Johnson did not lie..
    That was the official advice up to 12 March I understand. I make it that 31 people had died from/with the virus by that date, so the advice was clearly wrong and it goes without saying that it was not "very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will be infected". It's one of those political rows where neither side is completely right or completely wrong.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That was the official advice up to 12 March I understand. I make it that 31 people had died from/with the virus by that date, so the advice was clearly wrong and it goes without saying that it was not "very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will be infected". It's one of those political rows where neither side is completely right or completely wrong.
    If one or the other side was always right or wrong it would feck politicians up completely. They'd have nothing to argue about. lol Still, it would give them more time to tend their allotments :)

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavi...omes-guidance/

Banned

You can see why Rees-Mogg wants all MPs back and soon. Johnson desperately needs 300 MPs behind him cheering every cock up. With just a handful of MPs and no noise, not even Johnson's staunchest fans can defend him here.

But, when 300 MPs are yelling behind you and drowning out your bullshit, or giving your bullshit credibility, it is an easier job to slip past journalists. I wonder how Starmer's approach will work in that setting?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You can see why Rees-Mogg wants all MPs back and soon. Johnson desperately needs 300 MPs behind him cheering every cock up. With just a handful of MPs and no noise, not even Johnson's staunchest fans can defend him here.

But, when 300 MPs are yelling behind you and drowning out your bullshit, or giving your bullshit credibility, it is an easier job to slip past journalists. I wonder how Starmer's approach will work in that setting?
    That's what I was referring to about it not being for serious questions and answers, it is soundbites for audience consumption. you can llok bakc as far as there are video records and PM's rarely if ever actually answer the question, and the silence and emptiness of the place now does not lend itself to that kind of thing.

Banned

That's what I was referring to about it not being for serious questions and answers, it is soundbites for audience consumption. you can llok bakc as far as there are video records and PM's rarely if ever actually answer the question, and the silence and emptiness of the place now does not lend itself to that kind of thing.

Starmer was asking serious questions today though.

Heisenberg

Naw but I cannot believe that he thought I was actually serious, its just silly.
    Maybe your fist reply to me should have been "I wasn't being serious" instead of "there should be no chance" and then it wouldn't look like you're trying to backtrack.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe your fist reply to me should have been "I wasn't being serious" instead of "there should be no chance" and then it wouldn't look like you're trying to backtrack.
    Not backtracking i promise you. It isn't important enough to even think about it really is it? I'm more concerned about Mr Drakeford's allotment.

Heisenberg

Not backtracking i promise you. It isn't important enough to even think about it really is it? I'm more concerned about Mr Drakeford's allotment.
    Important enough for you to get extremely defensive and accuse me of "having a pop"

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Important enough for you to get extremely defensive and accuse me of "having a pop"
    Not extremely anything. There is nothing extremely important or extremely anything else on this board to get extremely upset about. It's a football message board FFS. If you care to look I think you can interpret many of my posts as tongue-in-cheek. I don't take anything too seriously, the only thing i dislike is people making person insults, there is no need for it.
    to me "having a pop" isn't much of a thing. Chill!

I dont think Johnson deliberately lied by the way. Hes just looking more and more out of depth and this job is far too big for him. I just think he was waffling without clearly thinking and hoping to blag his way through qusetions.

Hancock looks like hes sh!tting himself about whats going to come out of his mouth next.

He may have got away with his waffling bluster and fist and arm waving with Corbyn but hes going to be picked apart by Starmer.

International

I dont think Johnson deliberately lied by the way. Hes just looking more and more out of depth and this job is far too big for him. I just think he was waffling without clearly thinking and hoping to blag his way through qusetions.

Hancock looks like hes sh!tting himself about whats going to come out of his mouth next.

He may have got away with his waffling bluster and fist and arm waving with Corbyn but hes going to be picked apart by Starmer.
    But PMQs is really for the audience. It doesn't resolve anything because generally the Pm never actually answers the question asked, never has. If KS keep insisting on a full and proper ministerial answer he will start to get bland replies like send you question in writing to the relevant department of state or whatever. If he wins the banter then he will start gaining credibility , sounds silly but it seems to be the way it works.

It's said that Johnson doesn't do details, and won't read a memo that's more than a couple of sides. So yes, chances are it wasn't a deliberate lie but waffle.

The depressing thing is that you can waffle your way to become PM and it's only then that you get found out. This surely should happen much earlier. It's not as if we didn't know what he's like.

When did the government recognise that there was community transmission in the UK? Was it before the 13th of March?