+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 290 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't quite understand. England are currently on level 4 of the Covid alert system but they've now announced that the vulnerable people who've been shielding can leave the house on Monday. So how have they jumped from level 4 to level 1 overnight?

levels.jpg

It feels a bit like let's see what happens and hope for the best over the bridge at the moment, I'm glad we're letting them plough the road
    its mental, inside 2 weeks we are almost back to normally life down here, only need pubs and hair salons open and its done

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its mental, inside 2 weeks we are almost back to normally life down here, only need pubs and hair salons open and its done
    Just wash your hands, it'll be ok then.

International

I just read that Tim Matthews the man who reported the second sighting of Dominic Cummins in Co Durham had admitted he was lying and had not seen him. He said he did it is "A Joke". Also the retired teacher who reported him to the Police broke the rules himself when he drove 250 miles to collect his daughter who was self isolating in Berkshire, but he didn't declare it until his daughter was suddenly seen at his home and he had to admit it.
    Apparently the thing was orchestrated by Baroness Armstrong, a very pro remain anti-brexit supporter who wanted to get back at Cummins for winning the exit referendum.
    It also seems that Jeremy Hunt is one of the people briefing against the PM after he lost out in the race to be the New leader of the party.
    And in other news MP Rosie Duffield had admitted she breached lock-down rules by visiting her 'Married Lover'.
    All these people are as bad as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I just read that Tim Matthews the man who reported the second sighting of Dominic Cummins in Co Durham had admitted he was lying and had not seen him. He said he did it is "A Joke". Also the retired teacher who reported him to the Police broke the rules himself when he drove 250 miles to collect his daughter who was self isolating in Berkshire, but he didn't declare it until his daughter was suddenly seen at his home and he had to admit it.
    Apparently the thing was orchestrated by Baroness Armstrong, a very pro remain anti-brexit supporter who wanted to get back at Cummins for winning the exit referendum.
    It also seems that Jeremy Hunt is one of the people briefing against the PM after he lost out in the race to be the New leader of the party.
    And in other news MP Rosie Duffield had admitted she breached lock-down rules by visiting her 'Married Lover'.
    I'm not quite clear on how all these people get lumped together. Could you expand on how Armstrong, the former Durham MP who passed on information received, is "as bad" as Cummings. Likewise Jeremy Hunt, whatever his motivations, and actually Rosie Duffield who I understand has now apologised for her breach and stepped-down.

Banned

Whataboutism at it's very finest.

I saw that earlier - apparently Tim Matthews was a man who joked that he'd seen Cummings in co Durham, but not the person who first reported it - in any case he has admitted that he went there.

as for the second person it has always been acceptable to collect your children from university.

Why do you think these facts weren',t immediately apparent in the way that story was presented.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I saw that earlier - apparently Tim Matthews was a man who joked that he'd seen Cummings in co Durham, but not the person who first reported it - in any case he has admitted that he went there.

as for the second person it has always been acceptable to collect your children from university.

Why do you think these facts weren',t immediately apparent in the way that story was presented.
    Let's not get confused. The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham, and he is the man who drove 250 miles to pick his daughter up. But not from University, from her boyfriend's home where she was self isolating having returned there from a trip to Canada.
    Matthews was the person who said he had seen Cummins on a later separate occasion and allowed it to be printed in national newspapers and added further information referring to a fitness app he now admits he had doctored to prove his point, before now admitting that everything he said was lies and that he only did it "for a joke" some joke!
    So you seem to have the 2 people reversed. It was the first who collect his daughter, but not from university, and the second one who made everything up.
    As I say it makes you doubt everything, its all spun to suit different agenda.

Banned

Let's not get confused. The retired teacher saw Cummins in Barnard Castle whilst he was'isolating' in Durham, and he is the man who drove 250 miles to pick his daughter up. But not from University, from her boyfriend's home where she was self isolating having returned there from a trip to Canada.
    Matthews was the person who said he had seen Cummins on a later separate occasion and allowed it to be printed in national newspapers and added further information referring to a fitness app he now admits he had doctored to prove his point, before now admitting that everything he said was lies and that he only did it "for a joke" some joke!
    So you seem to have the 2 people reversed. It was the first who collect his daughter, but not from university, and the second one who made everything up.
    So, is Cummings off the hook now?

Heisenberg

You seem to be taking this new information as fact - yet you have literally questioned every part of the news about Cummings. Why is that?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You seem to be taking this new information as fact - yet you have literally questioned every part of the news about Cummings. Why is that?
    Partly because the man who lied admitted himself and none of the others have denied their actions. It's really a case of one being as bad as another, and the amount of spin that the media puts on everything.
    I think Cummins was wrong whatever is said, but things like this just don't breed confidence do they?

International

Any word from people ITK about what city are going to do about their games if the restrictions are lifted by the Welsh Government?
    And if the travel to use a ground in England will the police stop and find them for making an unnecessary journey more than 5 miles from home are will they be classed as going to work?

I don’t see how that changes much, his own statement was what was being debated anyway. They are all as bad as each other but that doesn’t make any of them less wrong.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t see how that changes much, his own statement was what was being debated anyway. They are all as bad as each other but that doesn’t make any of them less wrong.
    I agree 100% but it does make one doubt more and more anything that is reported in the media.
    I have said for a long time that when the media put up x number of 'ordinary' people that tends to show that the public is for or against a thing it should be obvious that if they held a different view and didn't agree with the argument that particular media outlet was making they wouldn't be included in the interview. not always but generally the point holds.

That aside it just demonstrates that you can't trust any of them.

Banned

I agree 100% but it does make one doubt more and more anything that is reported in the media.
    I have said for a long time that when the media put up x number of 'ordinary' people that tends to show that the public is for or against a thing it should be obvious that if they held a different view and didn't agree with the argument that particular media outlet was making they wouldn't be included in the interview. not always but generally the point holds.

That aside it just demonstrates that you can't trust any of them.
    I can't remember. I don't read newspaper real or on line.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I wondered when you'd crawl out from under your stone. You just can't give it up can you. you're a troll in all your guises and you're a waste!!!

Banned

I wondered when you'd crawl out from under your stone. You just can't give it up can you. you're a troll in all your guises and you're a waste!!!
    No, you claimed you don't read newspapers (real or online) but you often seem to be incensed about something you've read. Maybe you should follow your own advice and not read newspapers (real or online).

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't quite understand. England are currently on level 4 of the Covid alert system but they've now announced that the vulnerable people who've been shielding can leave the house on Monday. So how have they jumped from level 4 to level 1 overnight?

levels.jpg

It feels a bit like let's see what happens and hope for the best over the bridge at the moment, I'm glad we're letting them plough the road
    They have no idea what they are doing. The scientific community will continue to peel off one by to distance themselves from the decisions being made by the cabinet. The cabinet will continue to fully implicate sage in every announcement, something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They have no idea what they are doing. The scientific community will continue to peel off one by to distance themselves from the decisions being made by the cabinet. The cabinet will continue to fully implicate sage in every announcement, something has to give.
    It’s going to 3 isn’t it? Where can the vulnerable go anyway? Just out the front door? Wow they are lucky hey

Id be very shocked if we didn’t get a second peak in England, things had to be relaxed but it all seems a bit hit and hope atm.

There has been spinning and misinformation on both sides in the Cummings scandal, but I don’t think any of these alleged revelations in the last few days change anything.

Most people have taken the version of events given by Cummings himself as the true account - and most people (a higher % than before he ‘set the record straight’) concluded that he has broken the lockdown rules, had produced a ludicrous self-justification for his actions and should resign or be sacked.

Rosie Duffield was stupid, but she accepted that she had broken the rules and resigned as an opposition whip. The difference between that and Cummings’ behaviour is stark!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There has been spinning and misinformation on both sides in the Cummings scandal, but I don’t think any of these alleged revelations in the last few days change anything.

Most people have taken the version of events given by Cummings himself as the true account - and most people (a higher % than before he ‘set the record straight’) concluded that he has broken the lockdown rules, had produced a ludicrous self-justification for his actions and should resign or be sacked.

Rosie Duffield was stupid, but she accepted that she had broken the rules and resigned as an opposition whip. The difference between that and Cummings’ behaviour is stark!
    I don't think the two things are in any way comparable I'll agree. What the MP did was stupid, particularly with a lover who just happens to be married to someone else. She must have been on the verge of being "Exposed" to have admitted it, which leave the question of did someone know and was keeping the info so they could release it when it could do her the most damage or did her lover's partner find out? either way, just like the others I doubt she would have volunteered the info.

I agree the don't change the stupidity/unlawfulness of what he did but the way it was stage managed, and the way part of it was found to be totally untrue like so many other 'revelations' make one doubt everything in the media, as I said.
    For Matthews to say he did it "as a joke" is ridiculous. If it was only a joke he should have said so immediately it was in the national press. Again he probably only admitted it because he was about to be exposed anyway.

what does everyone make of all the donations to Hat Mancock's personal funds from people involved in horse racing?
    I'm sure that can't have had any influence on the decision to recommence racing meetings from Monday.

International

what does everyone make of all the donations to Hat Mancock's personal funds from people involved in horse racing?
    I'm sure that can't have had any influence on the decision to recommence racing meetings from Monday.
    Do you know where we can view the list? Where is it published? I should think a politician, specially a government minister would have to declare his interests and his funding.

International

OK, I found it. doesn't look good does it? I wonder how much he actually influences that kind of decision.

Banned

OK, I found it. doesn't look good does it? I wonder how much he actually influences that kind of decision.
    Where did you find it? Could you post a link please?