+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 350 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    OK, fair enough and I agree that it is pointless comparing this with cancer and diabetes as some are doing.

However, I also agree that the news outlets are not giving out many facts other than number of cases, number of deaths. Number of recoveries is also important.

Also, I'd like to hear more from those that have recovered. Were they very sick, were they not sick at all?

And, I'd like to know more about the cases in Italy, are people's symptoms getting worse - i.e. is the illness mutating. The death rate in Italy is 39% of closed cases, worldwide that is 6% but that is factoring in the Chinese lies, Iranian lies. South Korea is 19%. UK is 25% at the moment. But, is that because we don't consider a person recovered until they test negative etc, or is it because there is something else going on?

Once I get all these sorts of facts, I can make a decision about whether or not this is something I need to lose sleep over.

I also think some countries should be left off these stats because their accuracy is in question.
    Of course number of recoveries are important but no one's suggesting we're all going to die from Coronavirus. In comparison with a lot of other diseases it (hopefully) will have a lower mortality rate BUT socially and financially it could be devastating, and already is to several countries. Italy's completely quarantined, what effect do you think that will have on its economy? Or China's?

I work in TV and Film, I'm Freelance. We started prep on a new show on Monday, we shoot in a few weeks until mid June. If one of our crew gets it, or an extra is revealed to have had it we'll likely have to isolate loads of people, worst case scenario shooting stops, it gets postponed until god knows when, millions of pounds lost, loads of people out of work.

That is a worst case scenario but we'll be dealing with hundreds of people in a load of different locations for this, if it continues to spread then there's a reasonable chance that someone will know someone who has it. And that's true of every workplace in the UK/the world. THAT'S why it's getting reported in a way that's out of sync with the fatality rate

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Of course number of recoveries are important but no one's suggesting we're all going to die from Coronavirus. In comparison with a lot of other diseases it (hopefully) will have a lower mortality rate BUT socially and financially it could be devastating, and already is to several countries. Italy's completely quarantined, what effect do you think that will have on its economy? Or China's?

I work in TV and Film, I'm Freelance. We started prep on a new show on Monday, we shoot in a few weeks until mid June. If one of our crew gets it, or an extra is revealed to have had it we'll likely have to isolate loads of people, worst case scenario shooting stops, it gets postponed until god knows when, millions of pounds lost, loads of people out of work.

That is a worst case scenario but we'll be dealing with hundreds of people in a load of different locations for this, if it continues to spread then there's a reasonable chance that someone will know someone who has it. And that's true of every workplace in the UK/the world. THAT'S why it's getting reported in a way that's out of sync with the fatality rate
    Yeah yeah yeah, but if they don't die it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    In Italy the kids are carriers?
    I don’t think so in most cases, probably the parents passing it on to the grandparents whilst dropping kids off etc....the parents might well have had no symptoms showing....I’ll check when I speak to him next. Kids have always got some sniffles though

Splott David warned us of this years ago when he told us of the plastic coffins in Atlanta. He is the prophet, the new David Icke

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Dad (91) was 10 hours on a trolley, later on a seat (having been taken into hospital with suspected stroke) before getting a bed late on a (normal) Friday night. Chances are someone will die in a corridor under those circumstances. And that's before CV really hits. NHS "well prepared"? On paper, maybe, but in reality the Demographic Time Bomb has already exploded.
    Germany has 28,000 intensive care beds, of which 25,000 offer ventilators. Apparently, the UK has approx 4,500. I hope your dad is OK.

0.06416666666 of the worlds population are infected

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    That's 450 million. I don't think so..

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Germany has 28,000 intensive care beds, of which 25,000 offer ventilators. Apparently, the UK has approx 4,500. I hope your dad is OK.
    9 and a bit weeks in hospital during which he was on IV antibiotics for pneumonia although the underlying cause of his sudden drops in blood pressure appears to be neurological. All sorts of issues around rehabilitation, changing GPs, social services etc. Out of area, and in this case, country, is a real pain to sort out. Moral of the tale...don't fall ill abroad. In this case, England. Didn't visit him in his home today as they are discouraging outside visitors. His house in Cardiff sold STC today, to pay for his care, thus ending his living in Cardiff since 1933 and being in the same house for over 54 years. I will shortly be homeless on match days so it may not be worth renewing my ST. 2hrs plus driving each way on match days was fine 10 or 15 years ago but not so much fun in older age. Things will never be the same again. On a connected note, I've had to start cancelling events organised at schools due to CV. Luckily, dad never needed intensive care.

I work in a large office block, with maybe 500 other people. Think of all the people linked to that group of 500 people. My daughter works in a large furniture store, her boyfriend works in a large supermarket. They meet/see thousands every day. The chances are, between the three of us, we MUST have met someone who has the virus, or someone who has contact with someone else who has it. It strikes me that you're more likely to have come into contact with the virus, than not.

You should get on the blower to the Italian Government, tell them to stop causing a fuss over nothing, and the WHO who declared it a Pandemic today. Also let IanD know that there's no problem with his father, the NHS is coping fine, only 0.06416666666 of the worlds population are infected

You should get on the blower to the Italian Government, tell them to stop causing a fuss over nothing, and the WHO who declared it a Pandemic today. Also let IanD know that there's no problem with his father, the NHS is coping fine, only 0.06416666666 of the worlds population are infected
    get a grip , stop buying bog roll and wash your hands

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's 450 million. I don't think so..
    the population isn't 360.000

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, but if they don't die it doesn't matter.

Why do you say that? Oh, yeah, you're trying to be smart by being flippant.

Of course recoveries are important. Recovery rate, and length of time to recover will be a huge factor in determining how many people will be too sick to work at one time. But you just concentrate on the headlines mate.

The WHO formally declared it a pandemic earlier today. With a whopping total of six British deaths then should that number double we ought to run around in circles acting as though our hair is on fire. Its already happened at the Bank of England who announced an emergency 1/2% cut to the interest base rate this morning which is now at 0.25%, the lowest in the Bank's entire 326-year history.

get a grip , stop buying bog roll and wash your hands
    No grip needed to get mate, and I'm not the panic buying type. I have been washing my hands more though. Thanks for the relentless stream of useful info though. Tit.

No grip needed to get mate, and I'm not the panic buying type. I have been washing my hands more though. Thanks for the relentless stream of useful info though. Tit.
    we've had these scares before haven't we.Bird flu mexican flu etc etc even aids scared the hell out of people
    this is a nasty virus at it spreads quickly
    there are of course people at risk be it flu hot weather or smog.

we've had these scares before haven't we.Bird flu mexican flu etc etc even aids scared the hell out of people
    this is a nasty virus at it spreads quickly
    there are of course people at risk be it flu hot weather or smog.
    I can't honestly in living memory remember a time when countries got quarantined, Serie A was completely stopped, US States declared states of emergency, Champions League matches were played behind closed doors and all the rest of it. And I remember bird flu, ebola and so on.

Like I said, I'm not panicking. I'm living completely normally and will continue to do so until told otherwise but the refusal by some people to acknowledge that the steps that are being taken internationally in reaction to this outbreak mark is out as something different and potentially more worrying really confuses me

Banned

I can't honestly in living memory remember a time when countries got quarantined, Serie A was completely stopped, US States declared states of emergency, Champions League matches were played behind closed doors and all the rest of it. And I remember bird flu, ebola and so on.

Like I said, I'm not panicking. I'm living completely normally and will continue to do so until told otherwise but the refusal by some people to acknowledge that the steps that are being taken internationally in reaction to this outbreak mark is out as something different and potentially more worrying really confuses me

Is it wrong for people to question the reason why these steps are being taken?

As things stand, 2 months into the outbreak, the 9th most affected "region" is a ship. As things stand the death toll world wide is 4,600. Of course, every one of those is a tragedy but we still don't know how many died OF coronovirus, and how many died WITH coronovirus.

Also, as things stand, the UK has been overtaken by Switzerland (a country a 7th the size of the UK), Norway (a country 1/13th the size of the UK), Denmark (a country also 1/13th the size of the UK), the Netherlands (a country a quarter the size of the UK) and Sweden (1/6th the size of the UK) in terms of numbers of cases.

In fact, the UK are 29th in terms of number of cases per million.

Italy are the only Government to have locked down. It seems an over reaction, either that or Switzerland, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, South Korea and Bahrain are completely incompetent. I wonder why people are putting so much weight on Italy's decision, but without considering the choices other Governments in similar predicaments are making?

I also reiterate, in Italy there are 206 cases per million people. One in 50,000 people. I've been in an office where two people have a cold at the same time. I would have to be in an Italian offce of 100,000 people to get the same experience.

It really is simple, wash your hands, avoid touching your face. If you get any illness, stay at home and don't spread it. With common sense, this thing will disappear quickly - but when did the world last exhibit common sense. This thread is testament to that.

Is it wrong for people to question the reason why these steps are being taken?

As things stand, 2 months into the outbreak, the 9th most affected "region" is a ship. As things stand the death toll world wide is 4,600. Of course, every one of those is a tragedy but we still don't know how many died OF coronovirus, and how many died WITH coronovirus.

Also, as things stand, the UK has been overtaken by Switzerland (a country a 7th the size of the UK), Norway (a country 1/13th the size of the UK), Denmark (a country also 1/13th the size of the UK), the Netherlands (a country a quarter the size of the UK) and Sweden (1/6th the size of the UK) in terms of numbers of cases.

In fact, the UK are 29th in terms of number of cases per million.

Italy are the only Government to have locked down. It seems an over reaction, either that or Switzerland, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, South Korea and Bahrain are completely incompetent. I wonder why people are putting so much weight on Italy's decision, but without considering the choices other Governments in similar predicaments are making?

I also reiterate, in Italy there are 206 cases per million people. One in 50,000 people. I've been in an office where two people have a cold at the same time. I would have to be in an Italian offce of 100,000 people to get the same experience.

It really is simple, wash your hands, avoid touching your face. If you get any illness, stay at home and don't spread it. With common sense, this thing will disappear quickly - but when did the world last exhibit common sense. This thread is testament to that.
    I give up. Let's agree to disagree and hope you and your mates are right

Italy is closing everything bar pharmacies and food shops.

I can't help feeling that we in the UK are in the phoney war stage. I presume we Brits are not genetically that different from folk in Italy yet we are mostly going about our day-to-day business as usual when Italy is in virtual lockdown. I think we must surely be on the cusp of a sudden exponential increase in the number of cases of coronavirus? Are we just incredibly lucky or is there some inherent immunity that most of us possess?

We should be shutting things down and socially distancing now and anyone that doesn't think so can fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I can't help feeling that we in the UK are in the phoney war stage. I presume we Brits are not genetically that different from folk in Italy yet we are mostly going about our day-to-day business as usual when Italy is in virtual lockdown. I think we must surely be on the cusp of a sudden exponential increase in the number of cases of coronavirus? Are we just incredibly lucky or is there some inherent immunity that most of us possess?
    Or is it that Italians are more sociable than us? Not sure what the weather has been like in Italy lately, particularly the north, but the bloody rain we’ve had here for what seems like forever may be keeping people at home. We obviously mingle on public transport, shops & sporting events but there hasn’t been any decent evenings to get out and mix. Are we a bit less ‘touchy feely’ than Latin folk? I just picture Italian people out and about on decent mild evenings greeting each other warmly while we’re a sort of wave and ‘all right mate’. Traditional British stand offishness may have been a bit of an advantage this last month or two.

Banned

I give up. Let's agree to disagree and hope you and your mates are right
    Obviously your reasoning is paper thin when faced with logic.

Obviously your reasoning is paper thin when faced with logic.
    No, just arguing with experts on the internet is pointless and I can't be arsed going round in circles, I'm never going to agree with you and you're never going to agree with me, and neither of us give a shit if the other one does or not. Too concerned about Aaron Ramsey now anyway

https://www.football-italia.net/1510...as-coronavirus