+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 350 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So all the hunting mentioned in the bible was of domesticated animals?
    Lets face facts...Chinese illegal live animal market in Wuhan trading bats, snakes and other reptiles is the focus of this infection that transferred from animal to man. You in New York ( great place, I used to work for a company based in New Jersey), and I in Cardiff are now in lockdown because of it.
    It's got bugger all to do with whether you, I or those mentioned in the bible killed domestic or non domestic animals so don't trivialise the debate

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Either he’s caused the virus or he’s not omnipotent.

What about kids being born with aids?
    He didn't cause the virus to transfer to man...man did.
    And the sad example of kids born with aids is because a parent had aids

You'll be blaming God for the Bluebirds results next

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Well stop blaming the very God you don't believe in for it all then
    Your comment is rather illogical.

If the Lord's sole purpose to put you on this Earth was to make Organ Morgan look sane, he would come to you telling you, Well done my Son!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If the Lord's sole purpose to put you on this Earth was to make Organ Morgan look sane, he would come to you telling you, Well done my Son!
    So clever clogs...who did set up the situation where this virus jumped from animal to man?
    Who is responsible a kid born with aids other than one of the parents who had aids?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Your comment is rather illogical.
    It may be counter-intuitive, but not illogical

So clever clogs...who did set up the situation where this virus jumped from animal to man?
    Who is responsible a kid born with aids other than one of the parents who had aids?
    Explain in your view what the boundary between what God is and isn't responsible for today and why?

Lets face facts...Chinese illegal live animal market in Wuhan trading bats, snakes and other reptiles is the focus of this infection that transferred from animal to man. You in New York ( great place, I used to work for a company based in New Jersey), and I in Cardiff are now in lockdown because of it.
    It's got bugger all to do with whether you, I or those mentioned in the bible killed domestic or non domestic animals so don't trivialise the debate
    Did god make the virus? If he did, why did he put it in animals that people eat? And why is it infecting people that don't eat those animals too?

Explain in your view what the boundary between what God is and isn't responsible for today and why?
    Before I do that it would be useful if you answered my questions...who do you think is responsible in the examples outlined?

Oh F uck.....

Before I do that it would be useful if you answered my questions...who do you think is responsible in the examples outlined?
    who did set up the situation where this virus jumped from animal to man? I don't think anyone set up a situation where the virus jumped from animal to man, I mean is there someone?
    Who is responsible a kid born with aids other than one of the parents who had aids? A parent with Aids is obviously more responsible if they are aware of the condition than a child that is born if there is that kind of transmission

Now you?

It may be counter-intuitive, but not illogical
    It's totally illogical. And you should have noticed that I did not blame any deity or deities of any description.

Why doesn’t god save the kids?

If he’s omnipotent he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why doesn’t god save the kids?

If he’s omnipotent he is.
    I don't think that he's there to intervene in such things, that's my understanding of it, although i don't believe in any god anyway.

Not sure about everything else but I must say I'm surprised at God's laissez faire attitude towards the rampant child abuse in his Catholic Church

who did set up the situation where this virus jumped from animal to man? I don't think anyone set up a situation where the virus jumped from animal to man, I mean is there someone?
    Who is responsible a kid born with aids other than one of the parents who had aids? A parent with Aids is obviously more responsible if they are aware of the condition than a child that is born if there is that kind of transmission

Now you?
    It's now well established that an illegal live animal market in Wuhan saw the start of this outbreak. The pangolin was probably the source, a creature which is smuggled mostly from Africa, its scales used for Chinese medicine and the meat a delicacy for the rich. So man set up the situation to allow it to happen

As for God, according to the Christian creed, he made heaven and earth and all things visible and invisible and is a force for good and love. Against this is another power, one we call evil, Satan, the devil. Man has freedom of thought and each of us has the capability of doing both good and evil.

Is God responsible for man's misdemeanours,. no. Does he give us support at times of suffering, yes if we ask for it.

It's now well established that an illegal live animal market in Wuhan saw the start of this outbreak. The pangolin was probably the source, a creature which is smuggled mostly from Africa, its scales used for Chinese medicine and the meat a delicacy for the rich. So man set up the situation to allow it to happen

As for God, according to the Christian creed, he made heaven and earth and all things visible and invisible and is a force for good and love. Against this is another power, one we call evil, Satan, the devil. Man has freedom of thought and each of us has the capability of doing both good and evil.

Is God responsible for man's misdemeanours,. no. Does he give us support at times of suffering, yes if we ask for it.
    And there was a talking snake in the Garden of Eden.

And there was a talking snake in the Garden of Eden.
    As we both know, it is illustrative of man giving in to temptation.

So what is the point of praying to God, asking him to intercede and help out?

As we both know, it is illustrative of man giving in to temptation.
    What about the Red Sea parting and the Virgin Birth? And Noah's Ark and creating the universe in a week?
    My lay-preacher friend describes it all as true and would describe your perspective a 'pick and mix' i.e. choosing what you decide as true or not. The whole nature of religion is a form of folklore and is consequently morphing into new schisms. Just look at the broad brush of Abrahamism. And let's not even go into how your so-called Holy Book was compiled and by whom, other versions thereof, its inconsistencies and contradictions and the inclusion of myriad of stories lifted from previous religions.
    Most people believe in a religion merely as they have been indoctrinated as a child. Of all the thousands of gods people have believed in why do you think you 'chose' the one one that has dominated Europe in recent centuries? Perhaps the Roman Empire had more to do with it than the concept of free will. We can all have a good stab at guessing any believer's religion by the language they speak - as language and religion travel the same cultural conduits. If people really were free-thinkers and believed indeities why don't any Eskimos seem to believe in Hinduism and why don't the Irish believe in Greek gods? It's all about time and place and what is passed down to you.
    And even in this day and age people believe the most ridiculous stories without there being a shred of evidence.

This is no fun without truthpaste.

What about the Red Sea parting and the Virgin Birth? And Noah's Ark and creating the universe in a week?
    My lay-preacher friend describes it all as true and would describe your perspective a 'pick and mix' i.e. choosing what you decide as true or not. The whole nature of religion is a form of folklore and is consequently morphing into new schisms. Just look at the broad brush of Abrahamism. And let's not even go into how your so-called Holy Book was compiled and by whom, other versions thereof, its inconsistencies and contradictions and the inclusion of myriad of stories lifted from previous religions.
    Most people believe in a religion merely as they have been indoctrinated as a child. Of all the thousands of gods people have believed in why do you think you 'chose' the one one that has dominated Europe in recent centuries? Perhaps the Roman Empire had more to do with it than the concept of free will. We can all have a good stab at guessing any believer's religion by the language they speak - as language and religion travel the same cultural conduits. If people really were free-thinkers and believed indeities why don't any Eskimos seem to believe in Hinduism and why don't the Irish believe in Greek gods? It's all about time and place and what is passed down to you.
    And even in this day and age people believe the most ridiculous stories without there being a shred of evidence.
    I'm not pick and mix. The testaments were written many thousands of years ago by the educated few to record events of the day. They need to be read with an understanding of the world at that time. Noah for example describes what modern day historians call the great flood of the Black Sea, and there is similar historical back up for the escape of the persecuted across the Red Sea.
    Your views on religion and Christianity are different to mine. Maybe there is more to it than fokelore when the calendar that you and I use everyday records time as before and after Christ. Some impact for a ridiculous story.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Not sure about everything else but I must say I'm surprised at God's laissez faire attitude towards the rampant child abuse in his Catholic Church
    what's your take on this then lisvaneblue? Does God just see all that and go "not getting involved" ?

what's your take on this then lisvaneblue? Does God just see all that and go "not getting involved" ?
    Once again good v evil and mankind, even it seems within the church, can behave in a shameful way.

I'm sure God is not pleased, but what can he do about it in this life....strike them down with a bolt of lightening?

How would LisvaneBlue Know the answer to your question? He simply has faith and believes in god, like millions of other people around the globe who use it and interpret it as and when they need it, it's a personal thing for many and it does give them strength when times are tough. When the extreme dialogues of religion are used to harm, control and kill, then it does become a problem, although i think that those actions are usually backed up with political ideology and have nothing to do with creating a better world.

I don't really like these debates as it is way to easy to ridicule people of faith as they have no proof in what they believe, it's become fashionable (in my opinion) to attack christians for their beliefs (Not saying that's what you're doing) in society. I'll add that i don't believe in god but know alot of people that do and i have seen first hand the strength they get from their faith and the good that they do because of their beliefs, as you probably do because of your beliefs. I don't agree with alot of it but respect it.