+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 350 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

well thiswas one thread I never thought would descend into an argument that cannot be won. Hey ho!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    well thiswas one thread I never thought would descend into an argument that cannot be won. Hey ho!!!
    It's not an argument, and there doesn't have to be a winner.

International

Herewe go again..............
    It is an argument, just a polite one as they have differeing views, an agument need not be a slanging match. As for a winner, it seems on here that some people 'have' to win or they resort to abuse, but I'm sure you'll argue with that................

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Herewe go again..............
    It is an argument, just a polite one as they have differeing views, an agument need not be a slanging match. As for a winner, it seems on here that some people 'have' to win or they resort to abuse, but I'm sure you'llarguewith that................
    You seem to be confusing an argument with a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How would LisvaneBlue Know the answer to your question? He simply has faith and believes in god, like millions of other people around the globe who use it and interpret it as and when they need it, it's a personal thing for many and it does give them strength when times are tough. When the extreme dialogues of religion are used to harm, control and kill, then it does become a problem, although i think that those actions are usually backed up with political ideology and have nothing to do with creating a better world.

I don't really like these debates as it is way to easy to ridicule people of faith as they have no proof in what they believe, it's become fashionable (in my opinion) to attack christians for their beliefs (Not saying that's what you're doing) in society. I'll add that i don't believe in god but know alot of people that do and i have seen first hand the strength they get from their faith and the good that they do because of their beliefs, as you probably do because of your beliefs. I don't agree with alot of it but respect it.
    I didn't ask for an answer, I asked for his take on it because although I disagree with what he's saying, he's making his points clearly and with thought behind them

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You seem to be confusing an argument with a discussion.
    None so blind.... Agree, Nobody is abusing anyone in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I didn't ask for an answer, I asked for his take on it because although I disagree with what he's saying, he's making his points clearly and with thought behind them
    He would have to Answer your question is what i meant. I would've thought that he finds Child Abuse Abhorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He would have to Answer your question is what i meant. I would've thought that he finds Child Abuse Abhorrent.
    I accept your apology

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I accept your apology
    You're welcome. Mathew 5.38

Another thread sidetracked.

Just let people have faith if that's what they so choose, 99% of the time there is no benefit or need to question it.

The death toll by coronavirus in the UK has soared by 393 to 1,808, the latest official figures have shown.

A further 367 patients have died in England, Public Health England confirmed.

Earlier it was announced the death toll in Scotland has reached 60 after the diagnosis of 13 more patients.

Seven more coronavirus patients have died in Wales, taking the death toll to 69.

The UK's total coronavirus death toll is higher than previously announced, new data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) has shown this morning.

These figures show there were 40 additional deaths before March 20.

The new data now includes those who died outside hospitals, including those who passed away in their own homes and care homes.
    It's been a very bad day in terms of people dying today.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I'm not pick and mix. The testaments were written many thousands of years ago by the educated few to record events of the day. They need to be read with an understanding of the world at that time. Noah for example describes what modern day historians call the great flood of the Black Sea, and there is similar historical back up for the escape of the persecuted across the Red Sea.
    Your views on religion and Christianity are different to mine. Maybe there is more to it than fokelore when the calendar that you and I use everyday records time as before and after Christ. Some impact for a ridiculous story.
    We also have days of the week and months of the year named after Roman and Viking gods

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We also have days of the week and months of the year named after Roman and Viking gods
    This God sounds like an ungrateful sod...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52104753
    Coronavirus: Search for hundreds of people after Delhi prayer meeting
    Delhi.jpg
    Hundreds have been leaving the mosque to be monitored or tested for the virus
    Officials across India are searching for hundreds of people who attended a religious event in the capital that has set off several Covid-19 clusters.

At least six regions have reported cases that can be directly traced to the days-long congregation at a mosque.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    This God sounds like an ungrateful sod...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52104753
    Coronavirus: Search for hundreds of people after Delhi prayer meeting
    Delhi.jpg
    Hundreds have been leaving the mosque to be monitored or tested for the virus
    Officials across India are searching for hundreds of people who attended a religious event in the capital that has set off several Covid-19 clusters.

At least six regions have reported cases that can be directly traced to the days-long congregation at a mosque.
    Orthodox Muslims

Flood myths are found in many ancient cultures. They often share themes and plots. The story of Noah is the most well known but by no means the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Flood myths are found in many ancient cultures. They often share themes and plots. The story of Noah is the most well known but by no means the earliest.
    Nakedness,Temptation and The Garden of Eden; boatbuilding in preparation for the Deluge; The Commandments; the concept of a Messiah; Heaven and Hell; the Jonah story; The Son of God; the Virgin birth etc etc etc. They were all filched from previous religions.
    It's absolutely fascinating folklore.

In my experience, most Christians seem to have hardly any knowledge of the various compilations of their holy books and how parts of them have been added, filtered out and censored by ecclesiastical authorities as time has progressed. And of where many of the stories came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    In English yes. But I'm not talking colloquially.

Globally dates are measured in time as before or after Christ

Llandudno this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Llandudno this morning.

Where was that taken, The Great Horn?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Llandudno this morning.

You wouldn't think so many kids would be acting the goat at a time like this, would you? The silly Billys.

-We'll increase tests to 10k a day
    Govt - Mar11

-We'll increase tests to 25k a day
    Boris Johnson Mar19

-We've reached 10k tests a day
    Michael Gove Mar29

'Actual number around 7k'
    -Helen Whately Mar30

'We'll rapidly expand testing'
    -Dominic Raab Mar30

'We'll do 25k tests a day - by end April
    -Govt Mar31

It's shortage chemicals
    -Gove Mar31

(Paul Johnson: https://twitter.com/paul__johnson)
    See what has happened here ? Hugh pym asks a simple question of why not enough testing for nhs staff and he gets a long winded reply from Health chief about why testing is important. Which ends with the words “ramp up” . Hugh knows all this. We all know all this

(Emily Matlis: https://twitter.com/maitlis/status/1245024097257558016)

@michaelgove said just now that the difficulty in increasing number of #COVID19 tests was due to a shortage of the relevant "chemcial reagents". Well I've just talked to the Chemical Industries Association, which represents the UK's very substantial chemicals industry. It has contacted its members, and they've said there is no shortage of the relevant reagents. So the Association has now been in touch with @michaelgove's office to find out what he means, because it is stumped.

(Robert Preston: https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1245046542974750720)
    The UK government also said not in EU scheme to purchase ventilators because email wasn't seen despite being in four meetings where scheme was discussed. It's not about left or right, it's a government that has repeatedly misinformed public, avoided scrutiny, or challenged legitimacy of press asking questions and now is doing so with people's lives at risk.

In English yes. But I'm not talking colloquially.

Globally dates are measured in time as before or after Christ
    You are wrong about describing such usage (and which occurs in many languages) as being colloquial. You will find that many of the terms are formal. However, it all matters not as all such terms and indeed the years numbers we use (and which are measured differently in the world of Islam) mean absolutely nothing as far as verifying a deity. It just reflects the influence of the Roman Empire, as I stated in another context. Two months ago it was the month of January but it hardly proves that J**** existed.

A man was walking on the Brecon Beacons today and he met God. He asked God what he was doing on the Beacons. God said "I'm working from home today".

First Team

It's now well established that an illegal live animal market in Wuhan saw the start of this outbreak. The pangolin was probably the source, a creature which is smuggled mostly from Africa, its scales used for Chinese medicine and the meat a delicacy for the rich. So man set up the situation to allow it to happen

As for God, according to the Christian creed, he made heaven and earth and all things visible and invisible and is a force for good and love. Against this is another power, one we call evil, Satan, the devil. Man has freedom of thought and each of us has the capability of doing both good and evil.

Is God responsible for man's misdemeanours,. no. Does he give us support at times of suffering, yes if we ask for it.
    **** off and take your non-existent god with you.