+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 91 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think there are many occupations that have higher risk of infection tbh.
    In the article I read it said care home workers had a higher infection rate but NHS had the higher risk factor, only mitigated by the protection available to them which is or may not be available to non clinical care workers.

International

Well at least it seems we can play golf now. Which is nice as I couldn't play before!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Well at least it seems we can play golf now. Which is nice as I couldn't play before!!
    very good

Can I play tennis yet? Or do I have to drive to England?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can I play tennis yet? Or do I have to drive to England?
    Only if you have one of these?

https://www.networldsports.co.uk/rap...RoCxdUQAvD_BwE

40,000 plus deaths in the UK now according to this;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...al-figures-say

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nooo! The Welsh government said today that I can play so I'm going to buy a set of clubs tomorrow.
    Oh hang on the shop is closed!!! Bugger!

I thought I saw that this article had been posted on here yesterday, but as I can't find it, I'll post it now - apologies if I missed it;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-coronavirus

In light of this, can I ask a serious question, what is there that the UK Government can be praised for in its handling of the virus crisis so far?

I'd answer that by saying that I think the furlough scheme is a good thing and that it would be very churlish to be critical about the new hospitals which were built very quickly, but have been left virtually unused so far. To me, the fact that they are there is something to be commended and their lack of use is a sign that the Government have been largely successful in getting people to follow the social distancing guidelines, so some credit to them for that, although there is evidence to show that the messaging was too effective and it's not going to be easy to get people back to work now.

I'm afraid that's all I can think of though. I'll always concede that the current Government have been given a terrible challenge very early in its life and having the leader of any country incapacitated for the month when the virus was at its most deadly was just bad luck, but the fact (and it is a fact despite what those who argue we can't judge because we haven't got a clear picture yet say) is that there are far more countries around who have handled things far better than us than there are ones who have made a worse job of it than the UK.

I see estate agents are opening in England today so the housing market can get going again. So much cross border movement in South Wales so that’s going to be interesting and a right pain for many.i wonder if Drakeford has had what he’s trying to leverage from Westminster yet so we can all get on in unison?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There’s one you can buy on an elastic rope so I think I’ll go for that one. Think places will open up here soon anyway, judging by the amount of traffic I saw around cardiff yesterday, no ones listening to Drakeford anymore anyway......

There’s one you can buy on an elastic rope so I think I’ll go for that one. Think places will open up here soon anyway, judging by the amount of traffic I saw around cardiff yesterday, no ones listening to Drakeford anymore anyway......
    I've taken my dog for an afternoon walk these last two days and what an eye opener it was yesterday! There were more people out walking than you used to see pre virus including a group of about eight women, most of whom I would say were over seventy or very close to it, chatting away without observing social distancing with what looked like the oldest one walking arm in arm with a younger woman who I assumed might be her carer - I've mentioned before that the view that the virus had not really found its way up here is quite a common, but wrong, one, I can only assume that many of those I saw yesterday must believe it.

I see estate agents are opening in England today so the housing market can get going again. So much cross border movement in South Wales so that’s going to be interesting and a right pain for many.i wonder if Drakeford has had what he’s trying to leverage from Westminster yet so we can all get on in unison?
    We live in England and were in the middle of a house move. Survey done and received mortgage offer a while back which is valid until August.

In the meantime, I’ve taken a temporary (hopefully) 20% salary cut and ‘er indoors is currently furloughed. We don’t want to lose the house as we were searching for months but moving seems much more risky now as we were looking at something bigger - at the same time I’m not sure now when we’ll ever really feel secure about long-term financial commitments again

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've taken my dog for an afternoon walk these last two days and what an eye opener it was yesterday! There were more people out walking than you used to see pre virus including a group of about eight women, most of whom I would say were over seventy or very close to it, chatting away without observing social distancing with what looked like the oldest one walking arm in arm with a younger woman who I assumed might be her carer - I've mentioned before that the view that the virus had not really found its way up here is quite a common, but wrong, one, I can only assume that many of those I saw yesterday must believe it.
    We desperately need a webpage, email address or better still a dedicated phone line where people can easily report deliberate social distancing breaches of the like you witnessed.

As I think you implied, deepest Rhondda is beyond the final frontier.

Your relocation there from the nation's capital city could be compared to a resident of Monte Carlo deciding that a move to Mansfield might prove to be a culturally enriching one.

I understand that for your first month there you had to communicate with the locals through an adapted form of sign language. They spoke impenetrable gibberish while they mistook your accent for that of a Norwegian.

From what I hear some six weeks later because of your desire to assimilate you sounded like Dai Bando out of the film How Green Was My Valley.

Cardiff compared with Monte Carlo.

I can see it now. The Splott Grand Prix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cardiff compared with Monte Carlo.

I can see it now. The Splott Grand Prix.
    Why not? Tremorfa has a permanent Tour going on.

International

but the may have been all form the same care home, like a family can go out together?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We desperately need a webpage, email address or better still a dedicated phone line where people can easily report deliberate social distancing breaches of the like you witnessed.

As I think you implied, deepest Rhondda is beyond the final frontier.

Your relocation there from the nation's capital city could be compared to a resident of Monte Carlo deciding that a move to Mansfield might prove to be a culturally enriching one.

I understand that for your first month there you had to communicate with the locals through an adapted form of sign language. They spoke impenetrable gibberish while they mistook your accent for that of a Norwegian.

From what I hear some six weeks later because of your desire to assimilate you sounded like Dai Bando out of the film How Green Was My Valley.
    In the last year or so, I've either learned to understand gibberish or I've started talking like a native because I can understand every word they say now .

but the may have been all form the same care home, like a family can go out together?
    No, they weren't because I know three of them who live close by (one is two doors from me and another six) - they all seemed to know each other as well, so I'd guess they were all from around here (the local care home is about a mile away).

Heisenberg

People in care homes are being shielded. There's no chance that a group of them are going outdoors together.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    People in care homes are being shielded. There's no chance that a group of them are going outdoors together.
    There should be no chance.

International

No, they weren't because I know three of them who live close by (one is two doors from me and another six) - they all seemed to know each other as well, so I'd guess they were all from around here (the local care home is about a mile away).
    Be fair, you could have mentuioned that in your original post lol

Be fair, you could have mentuioned that in your original post lol
    And my reply is, be fair I didn't think anyone would suggest that the local care home's annual excursion would be a trip to Tynewydd green .

Heisenberg

There should be no chance.
    You think the staff are letting groups of incredibly vulnerable people leave the homes... Putting themselves and the staff at greater risk? Think about what you're saying.

Care homes are in proper lockdown, the residents aren't even seeing each other inside. Source: I work in the public sector dealing with older people.

You think groups from Care Homes are going out the same as a family.?