+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 92 of 350 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought I saw that this article had been posted on here yesterday, but as I can't find it, I'll post it now - apologies if I missed it;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-coronavirus

Good article, but can't help feeling the Frankfurter Allgemeine is misreading things here if it thinks “Once the nation has returned to normal, more citizens than before may question faith in British exceptionalism. That will not immediately drive them back into the arms of the European Union. But it could at least increase pressure on the Johnson government to prolong trade talks with the EU and not to fail with a gesture of arrogance.” Not much evidence of that at the moment. Unfortunately.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You think the staff are letting groups of incredibly vulnerable people leave the homes... Putting themselves and the staff at greater risk? Think about what you're saying.

Care homes are in proper lockdown, the residents aren't even seeing each other inside. Source: I work in the public sector dealing with older people.
    Read what I actually wrote. I never said I think of believe anything. It was a tongue-in cheek response to TOBW's comment about a gaggle of old ladies going past him. Actually I don't believe it would happen for one minute quite obviously. But don't let that stop you having a pop please!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    You think groups from Care Homes are going out the same as a family.?
    Another one. Read my reply to heisenberg. Of course I don't believe it and I never suggested in what I wrote that I do believe it, you are just so quick to jump you don't read what as actually been written.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Good article, but can't help feeling the Frankfurter Allgemeine is misreading things here if it thinks “Once the nation has returned to normal, more citizens than before may question faith in British exceptionalism. That will not immediately drive them back into the arms of the European Union. But it could at least increase pressure on the Johnson government to prolong trade talks with the EU and not to fail with a gesture of arrogance.” Not much evidence of that at the moment. Unfortunately.
    I agree with you Peter.

International

Why is the WHS and government saying it will take until the end of the month to set up and activate a Test Track and Trace system? Apparently they have to recruit the people and do all the preliminary work, suggesting that to date they haven't done anything.
    Are they not using the phone app?

International

I agree with you Peter.
    I think the problem with the initial clause to increase talking time was that if that clause was triggered it would be for an automatic period of 3 years as written into the original agreement.
    The fears in British government was that a period so long would result in the EU doing nothing constructive for 2 of them and that it would mean we would be locked to their laws and institutions for all of that time with no say in the making or running of them. Of course if at the end of that 3 year period there was still no agreement they could extend again, just as they were trying to do with May and her wishy washy appeasement approach. Whether you agree with the break away or not at least limitatins do focus minds, and the Germans are reportedly already telling the EU to sort it out.

It may be possible to agree a short extension and pass a bill in parliament for say 6 months extension but I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why is the WHS and government saying it will take until the end of the month to set up and activate a Test Track and Trace system? Apparently they have to recruit the people and do all the preliminary work, suggesting that to date they haven't done anything.
    Are they not using the phone app?
    I thought the app was still being tested in the Isle of Wight?

Has it now been launched?

Any truth about this "mass meeting" in Cardiff this weekend or is it a hoax?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You think the staff are letting groups of incredibly vulnerable people leave the homes... Putting themselves and the staff at greater risk? Think about what you're saying.

Care homes are in proper lockdown, the residents aren't even seeing each other inside. Source: I work in the public sector dealing with older people.
    Where my mum is, I refer as a care home but it's effectively sheltered accomodation with extra care packages.

They want the residents to stay in their flats, not congregate but cannot stop them from leaving the premises. Talked mum into staying in, bring her things she needs.

Any truth about this "mass meeting" in Cardiff this weekend or is it a hoax?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar
    Probably online conspiracy theorists.
    Have they promised the Lizard People will turn up as well.?

Heisenberg

Read what I actually wrote. I never said I think of believe anything. It was a tongue-in cheek response to TOBW's comment about a gaggle of old ladies going past him. Actually I don't believe it would happen for one minute quite obviously. But don't let that stop you having a pop please!
    I read exactly what you wrote and what you were implying in your reply:

"There should be no chance" = you think that there is a chance that it's happening even though you think that it shouldn't.

I have told you that it isn't happening. Instead of being defensive and claiming that I'm having a pop, just accept that you are mistaken.

"Having a pop" f**king hell, you know when I'm having a pop at you, xsnaggle... I've done it enough with you over the years. This isn't one of those occasions.

He thinks anyone who disagrees with him is having a pop.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He thinks anyone who disagrees with him is having a pop.
    Naw but I cannot believe that he thought I was actually serious, its just silly.

International

I thought the app was still being tested in the Isle of Wight?

Has it now been launched?
    I thought that too but from the tone of the remark coming out of Cardiff bay they aren't usoing it or haven't done anything about preapring to use it yet.

Wales 'hopes to track and trace coronavirus by end of May'

BBC Radio Wales
    The Welsh Government is hoping to begin tracking and tracing coronavirus infections by the end of May, Wales’ chief medical officer Dr Frank Atherton has said.
    He told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast with Claire Summers: “We're working very quickly and with Public Health Wales providing advice to us to develop a plan for when we do start to lift the lockdown measures for tracking cases and contacts in a much more systematic way.
    “Because as the numbers come down, as they have because of the efforts of the Welsh public, it then becomes possible to identify individual cases and start to track the contacts of those cases.
    “So that's where we hope to get to by the end of this month.”
    Dr Atherton said developing the system was a “huge challenge” equal to developing the Dragon’s Heart Hospital in Cardiff.
    “There’s a big workforce issue, there’s a big testing issue and there’s a huge information technology issue because we’re going to need digital applications to support this work,” he said.
    Health Minister Vaughan Gething is expected to make an announcement on the matter later on Wednesday"

I'm not sure how they meant it to be understood but they seem a little tardy to say the least.

apparently the coronavirus test results have been disappearing into a "black hole" and thousands may be lost

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/ex...F4czgifQ%3D%3D

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    apparently the coronavirus test results have been disappearing into a "black hole" and thousands may be lost

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/ex...F4czgifQ%3D%3D
    That's helpful. (That was sarcasm I didn't mean it literally lol)

I thought that too but from the tone of the remark coming out of Cardiff bay they aren't usoing it or haven't done anything about preapring to use it yet.

Wales 'hopes to track and trace coronavirus by end of May'

BBC Radio Wales
    The Welsh Government is hoping to begin tracking and tracing coronavirus infections by the end of May, Wales’ chief medical officer Dr Frank Atherton has said.
    He told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast with Claire Summers: “We're working very quickly and with Public Health Wales providing advice to us to develop a plan for when we do start to lift the lockdown measures for tracking cases and contacts in a much more systematic way.
    “Because as the numbers come down, as they have because of the efforts of the Welsh public, it then becomes possible to identify individual cases and start to track the contacts of those cases.
    “So that's where we hope to get to by the end of this month.”
    Dr Atherton said developing the system was a “huge challenge” equal to developing the Dragon’s Heart Hospital in Cardiff.
    “There’s a big workforce issue, there’s a big testing issue and there’s a huge information technology issue because we’re going to need digital applications to support this work,” he said.
    Health Minister Vaughan Gething is expected to make an announcement on the matter later on Wednesday"

I'm not sure how they meant it to be understood but they seem a little tardy to say the least.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/n...ssive-18235813

International

I think he should resign immediately. Not for making a mistake on briefing but for, by his own admission, breaching the very clear stringent rules in force in Wales about social isolation.

I think he should resign immediately. Not for making a mistake on briefing but for, by his own admission, breaching the very clear stringent rules in force in Wales about social isolation.
    NARRATOR: He didn't.

Drakeford has breached social isolation rules?

When was this. Hes in trouble if so.

Starmer requests Johnson returns to the Commons to correct the record on his Care Home advice.

Watching him v Starmer he really looks totally out of his depth.

International

Drakeford has breached social isolation rules?

When was this. Hes in trouble if so.
    He said he had ridden his bike though the park on the way to his allotment. He has been banging on for weeks about the only reason you can go out, to exercise, to go to work if you cannot work from home, etc etc. He didn't say anything about popping along and doing your allotment. Besides how far away from his home is it, and is that in compliance with his definition of 'local'?
    I know where he lives and the park her is referring to is probably either Llandaff fields or Pontcanna fields, or maybe both.

But please, whatever you do, don't take this post seriously!

Starmer requests Johnson returns to the Commons to correct the record on his Care Home advice.

Watching him v Starmer he really looks totally out of his depth.
    Seems Starmer for all his skills needs to learn to read.

The document contains the following caveat...

"This guidance is intended for the current position in the UK where there is currently no transmission of COVID-19 in the community. It is therefore very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected. This is the latest information and will be updated shortly."

So based upon the information given at that point in time, Johnson did not lie..

He said he had ridden his bike though the park on the way to his allotment. He has been banging on for weeks about the only reason you can go out, to exercise, to go to work if you cannot work from home, etc etc. He didn't say anything about popping along and doing your allotment. Besides how far away from his home is it, and is that in compliance with his definition of 'local'?
    I know where he lives and the park her is referring to is probably either Llandaff fields or Pontcanna fields, or maybe both.

But please, whatever you do, don't take this post seriously!
    Sturgeon has her own issues too...

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...ke-conference/

Heisenberg

Naw but I cannot believe that he thought I was actually serious, its just silly.
    Maybe your fist reply to me should have been "I wasn't being serious" instead of "there should be no chance" and then it wouldn't look like you're trying to backtrack.