+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 350 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe your fist reply to me should have been "I wasn't being serious" instead of "there should be no chance" and then it wouldn't look like you're trying to backtrack.
    Not backtracking i promise you. It isn't important enough to even think about it really is it? I'm more concerned about Mr Drakeford's allotment.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Not backtracking i promise you. It isn't important enough to even think about it really is it? I'm more concerned about Mr Drakeford's allotment.
    Important enough for you to get extremely defensive and accuse me of "having a pop"

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Important enough for you to get extremely defensive and accuse me of "having a pop"
    Not extremely anything. There is nothing extremely important or extremely anything else on this board to get extremely upset about. It's a football message board FFS. If you care to look I think you can interpret many of my posts as tongue-in-cheek. I don't take anything too seriously, the only thing i dislike is people making person insults, there is no need for it.
    to me "having a pop" isn't much of a thing. Chill!

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Seems Starmer for all his skills needs to learn to read.

The document contains the following caveat...

"This guidance is intended for the current position in the UK where there is currently no transmission of COVID-19 in the community. It is therefore very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected. This is the latest information and will be updated shortly."

So based upon the information given at that point in time, Johnson did not lie..
    That was the official advice up to 12 March I understand. I make it that 31 people had died from/with the virus by that date, so the advice was clearly wrong and it goes without saying that it was not "very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will be infected". It's one of those political rows where neither side is completely right or completely wrong.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That was the official advice up to 12 March I understand. I make it that 31 people had died from/with the virus by that date, so the advice was clearly wrong and it goes without saying that it was not "very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will be infected". It's one of those political rows where neither side is completely right or completely wrong.
    If one or the other side was always right or wrong it would feck politicians up completely. They'd have nothing to argue about. lol Still, it would give them more time to tend their allotments :)

Any truth about this "mass meeting" in Cardiff this weekend or is it a hoax?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar
    God you can just imagine this, 15 weirdos who need a wash "making a stand" with their badly spelled signs and bits of old food around their mouths

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    God you can just imagine this, 15 weirdos who need a wash "making a stand" with their badly spelled signs and bits of old food around their mouths
    ....clinging to their out-dated 60's hippy style straggly beards and moustaches.
    As long as there are no sandles with socks.

"This guidance is intended for the current position in the UK where there is currently no transmission of COVID-19 in the community. It is therefore very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected. This is the latest information and will be updated shortly."

So based upon the information given at that point in time, Johnson did not lie..
    https://fullfact.org/health/coronavi...omes-guidance/

I dont think Johnson deliberately lied by the way. Hes just looking more and more out of depth and this job is far too big for him. I just think he was waffling without clearly thinking and hoping to blag his way through qusetions.

Hancock looks like hes sh!tting himself about whats going to come out of his mouth next.

He may have got away with his waffling bluster and fist and arm waving with Corbyn but hes going to be picked apart by Starmer.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think Johnson deliberately lied by the way. Hes just looking more and more out of depth and this job is far too big for him. I just think he was waffling without clearly thinking and hoping to blag his way through qusetions.

Hancock looks like hes sh!tting himself about whats going to come out of his mouth next.

He may have got away with his waffling bluster and fist and arm waving with Corbyn but hes going to be picked apart by Starmer.
    But PMQs is really for the audience. It doesn't resolve anything because generally the Pm never actually answers the question asked, never has. If KS keep insisting on a full and proper ministerial answer he will start to get bland replies like send you question in writing to the relevant department of state or whatever. If he wins the banter then he will start gaining credibility , sounds silly but it seems to be the way it works.

It's said that Johnson doesn't do details, and won't read a memo that's more than a couple of sides. So yes, chances are it wasn't a deliberate lie but waffle.

The depressing thing is that you can waffle your way to become PM and it's only then that you get found out. This surely should happen much earlier. It's not as if we didn't know what he's like.

Banned

Starmer requests Johnson returns to the Commons to correct the record on his Care Home advice.

Watching him v Starmer he really looks totally out of his depth.
    You can see why Rees-Mogg wants all MPs back and soon. Johnson desperately needs 300 MPs behind him cheering every cock up. With just a handful of MPs and no noise, not even Johnson's staunchest fans can defend him here.

But, when 300 MPs are yelling behind you and drowning out your bullshit, or giving your bullshit credibility, it is an easier job to slip past journalists. I wonder how Starmer's approach will work in that setting?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You can see why Rees-Mogg wants all MPs back and soon. Johnson desperately needs 300 MPs behind him cheering every cock up. With just a handful of MPs and no noise, not even Johnson's staunchest fans can defend him here.

But, when 300 MPs are yelling behind you and drowning out your bullshit, or giving your bullshit credibility, it is an easier job to slip past journalists. I wonder how Starmer's approach will work in that setting?
    That's what I was referring to about it not being for serious questions and answers, it is soundbites for audience consumption. you can llok bakc as far as there are video records and PM's rarely if ever actually answer the question, and the silence and emptiness of the place now does not lend itself to that kind of thing.

When did the government recognise that there was community transmission in the UK? Was it before the 13th of March?

Any truth about this "mass meeting" in Cardiff this weekend or is it a hoax?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar
    I don't know if this is a hoax or not but there is online publicity for events across Britain.

I have only seen the Sheffield and London flyers - in Sheffield for two different parks on opposite sides of the city.

I expect Donald Trump to give them his full support this evening!

Mass Gathering - Sheffield.jpg Mass Gathering - UK.jpg

The most burning question is: 'Why Barnstaple?'

International

I really cannot understand this. The welsh government are still saying that they "hope " to have a Test Track and Trace system in place by the end of the month, but they will need to recruit 10,000 people.
    Why is it still only a 'hope'? It seems more and more that they are not going to use the one tested on the Isle of Wight.
    But why? And why have they not already started the process of setting a system up themselves if not?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't know if this is a hoax or not but there is online publicity for events across Britain.

I have only seen the Sheffield and London flyers - in Sheffield for two different parks on opposite sides of the city.

Mass Gathering - Sheffield.jpg Mass Gathering - UK.jpg

Just dug a bit more and this seems to be a stunt by the UK Freedom Movement - with Tommy Robinson prominent on their homepage!

International

Just dug a bit more and this seems to be a stunt by the UK Freedom Movement - with Tommy Robinson prominent on their homepage!
    Mr Robinson, now there's a surprise!! low life!

I heard a whisper that some of the "mainliners" on here are turning up in full hazmat suits. Obviously to avoid the omnipresent cctv of the repressive state and not to catch 5G rather than for reasons of personal safety around mixing with similar minded free thinkers who are blessed with the true path. They just hope that too many don't turn up though as they will need to splinter as illuminati groups have waiting lists!

Organ Morgan, clothed in black belt hazmat, will still probably distance himself from the the masses on his trip in and out on the NO 95 bus to the protest!

Is Organ the Barnstaple Chapter?

Is Organ the Barnstaple Chapter?
    Apparently there is a market on 4chan for a new StayAlert VPN that makes it look you are broadcasting out of North Devon rather than a bunker in South Glamorgan

11 May 2020.

On the second one, certainly I’ve tried and Patrick has tried, right from the beginning, to balance two things, the seriousness of this virus as an epidemic, and it clearly is a very serious epidemic, but equally the fact that actually the great majority of people will not die from this. And I’ll just repeat something I said right at the beginning, because I think it’s worth reinforcing. A significant proportion of people will not get this virus at all, at any point in the epidemic, which is going to go on for a long period of time.

Of those who do, some of them will get the virus without even knowing it. They will have the virus with no symptoms at all, asymptomatic carriage. And we know that happens. Of those that get symptoms, the great majority, probably 80% will have a mild or moderate disease, might be bad enough for them to have to go to bed for a few days, not bad enough for them to have to go to the doctor. An unfortunate minority, will have to go as far as hospital, but the majority of those will just need oxygen and will then leave hospital. And then a minority of those will end up having to go to severe and critical care and some of those sadly will die. But that’s a minority. It’s 1% or possibly even less than 1% overall. And even in the highest risk group, this is significantly less than 20%. The great majority of people, even the very highest groups, if they catch this virus will not die.

C. Whitty.

Chief Medical Officer for England.

Can anyone explain why the buffoon Drakeford has been saying for weeks we will ease the lockdown when five conditions are met, they all were last week as far as I’m aware ( fall in pos cases, r rate 0. Something, nhs is almost empty nevermind coping, nightingale a waste of 10 million in Cardiff alone bla bla so what did he base his ridiculous decision on ? Was it just as many say to try and piss Westminster off?
    Anyway, I’ve not seen traffic like today since before lockdown, very busy by fidlas rd allday, people out all over the place.....has everyone just said f it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can anyone explain why the buffoon Drakeford has been saying for weeks we will ease the lockdown when five conditions are met, they all were last week as far as I’m aware ( fall in pos cases, r rate 0. Something, nhs is almost empty nevermind coping, nightingale a waste of 10 million in Cardiff alone bla bla so what did he base his ridiculous decision on ? Was it just as many say to try and piss Westminster off?
    Anyway, I’ve not seen traffic like today since before lockdown, very busy by fidlas rd allday, people out all over the place.....has everyone just said f it?
    We are starting to come out of lockdown, although it's going to be a slow process. By mis summer i reckon that we'll be able to do most of the things that we could before the lockdown as long as social distancing can be adhered to. Mass gathering events like gigs, football and even pubs are a long way off in my opinion. From a selfish point of view that doesn't bother me an inch, from a jobs point of view it's a big worry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's what I was referring to about it not being for serious questions and answers, it is soundbites for audience consumption. you can llok bakc as far as there are video records and PM's rarely if ever actually answer the question, and the silence and emptiness of the place now does not lend itself to that kind of thing.

Starmer was asking serious questions today though.