+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Leeds be called off?

Will Leeds be called off?

A number of European countries (Czech Rep, Austria & Poland) have today banned all gatherings indoor and outdoor of over 100 people.

It's looking more likely.

Re: Will Leeds be called off?

No

No not by Sunday but it might happen soon. Probably should happen soon as well by the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    A number of European countries (Czech Rep, Austria & Poland) have today banned all gatherings indoor and outdoor of over 100 people.

It's looking more likely.
    I hope not we want another three points !!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I hope not we want another three points !!!
    I would love the season to be called off entirely, no promotion no relegation, with Leeds missing out again!

I read somewhere that we are on a similar trajectory to Italy so give it a couple of weeks.

People being encouraged to come out and resume their daily lives in China, that’s a little step forward. Just saw it on the news with the reporter saying it actually in China not some faceless studio. When it all blows over, fingers crossed, let’s hope it’s a wake up call that’s needed re. The origins of such viruses and illnesses.

The Italian government has suspended all mortage payments

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    People being encouraged to come out and resume their daily lives in China, that’s a little step forward. Just saw it on the news with the reporter saying it actually in China not some faceless studio. When it all blows over, fingers crossed, let’s hope it’s a wake up call that’s needed re. The origins of such viruses and illnesses.
    I went in Starbucks today. It was the first time in ages that they allowed you to sit inside. They arranged the tables so that there was only one chair at each table, along with bigger than usual spaces between them.
    It seemed, from my observations driving around, that about 80% of businesses had re-opened. I haven't been able to have a drink in a bar for nearly 2 months, tomorrow evening I think I'll take a look around to see what's open and what the restrictions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I went in Starbucks today. It was the first time in ages that they allowed you to sit inside. They arranged the tables so that there was only one chair at each table, along with bigger than usual spaces between them.
    It seemed, from my observations driving around, that about 80% of businesses had re-opened. I haven't been able to have a drink in a bar for nearly 2 months, tomorrow evening I think I'll take a look around to see what's open and what the restrictions are.
    Are you in Guangxi province? I read
    that it has only had 252 confirmed cases and two deaths which, given that its population is around 50 million, is proportionately roughly where the UK is right now in terms of official figures.

Which means that we should all be staying at home as much as possible right now, in my opinion.

Deputy chief medical officer just said

Dr Harries said cancelling big outdoor events like football matches would not necessarily be a decision supported by science.

"The virus will not survive very long outside," she said. "Many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe."

I take it you have been allowed to go shopping and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Deputy chief medical officer just said

Dr Harries said cancelling big outdoor events like football matches would not necessarily be a decision supported by science.

"The virus will not survive very long outside," she said. "Many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe."
    I think it more so to do with the travelling to events, public transport, etc which are more closed in with people close to each other.

Light at the end of the tunnel from what you’re witnessing? Does seem encouraging from what you’re posting, stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Are you in Guangxi province? I read
    that it has only had 252 confirmed cases and two deaths which, given that its population is around 50 million, is proportionately roughly where the UK is right now in terms of official figures.

Which means that we should all be staying at home as much as possible right now, in my opinion.
    Yes, Guangxi province.

On a nother note... I was shopping in a large, local, supermarket the other day. I popped a lozenge in my mouth, in the hope it would alleviate the pain of a mouth ulcer. Wearing a mask, you will find that as you breathe, a lot of the air you expel comes out of the top of the mask around the bridge of your nose. The vapour started to burn my eyes, they soon became red and glazed - on top of that, the mask was making my nose itch. I desperately tried to stiffle the sound of my sneezes. I couldn't get out of there quick enough!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Light at the end of the tunnel from what you’re witnessing? Does seem encouraging from what you’re posting, stay safe
    Yeah, seems to be that way. In China, when they tell you to wear a mask - you WILL wear a mask!

I take it you have been allowed to go shopping and stuff?
    Yes, I haven't stopped shopping since the outbreak, to be honest. Initially, I was shopping without a mask, then the seriousness of it all began to sink in and it was then nigh-on impossible to enter any public place without a mask. It becomes a bit of a chore having to scan the QR codes in and out of our apartment and have your temperature taken at the same time, you repeat that same process entering any shop or public building. I probably do it about 10-12 times a day.

Yeah, seems to be that way. In China, when they tell you to wear a mask - you WILL wear a mask!
    I think that's the difference. I work with a load of Chinese guys and work in China quite often and everyone does exactly what the government tells them. I don't think the UK works in the same way.

Yes, I haven't stopped shopping since the outbreak, to be honest. Initially, I was shopping without a mask, then the seriousness of it all began to sink in and it was then nigh-on impossible to enter any public place without a mask. It becomes a bit of a chore having to scan the QR codes in and out of our apartment and have your temperature taken at the same time, you repeat that same process entering any shop or public building. I probably do it about 10-12 times a day.
    Oh right, doesn’t sound so bad. What does lock down actually mean then? Just no work and go shopping? School/uni shut and can’t leave the state you are in?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think that's the difference. I work with a load of Chinese guys and work in China quite often and everyone does exactly what the government tells them. I don't think the UK works in the same way.
    I agree, there will be people here saying “bollox to what they say I’m doing bla bla”.......

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I agree, there will be people here saying “bollox to what they say I’m doing bla bla”.......

Oh right, doesn’t sound so bad. What does lock down actually mean then? Just no work and go shopping? School/uni shut and can’t leave the state you are in?
    Well, I think there were 3 cities that had total lockdown. So, only one family member could leave their home, once every three days, and no travel outside of the city limits.
    All schools are still shut throughout China, with no word as to when they might open again.
    I could leave the province I'm in if I needed to, however, it would probably have to be private transport as most trains/buses have been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I would love the season to be called off entirely, no promotion no relegation, with Leeds missing out again!
    But that will stop Liverpool ?

Well, I think there were 3 cities that had total lockdown. So, only one family member could leave their home, once every three days, and no travel outside of the city limits.
    All schools are still shut throughout China, with no word as to when they might open again.
    I could leave the province I'm in if I needed to, however, it would probably have to be private transport as most trains/buses have been cancelled.
    Shutting all schools for so long must have consequences? Parents can’t work etc....not good for the economy....

Arsenal V Man City postponed tonight over Corona virus fears following Arsenal's visit to Olympiakos.