+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SNP who will fall

SNP who will fall

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...np-top-bottom/

Alex Salmond ... the trial that could split the SNP from top to bottom , and if Nicola Sturgeon was his protege and worked intimately with him for over a decade ,what did she know and see ??

Re: SNP who will fall

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...np-top-bottom/

Alex Salmond ... the trial that could split the SNP from top to bottom , and if Nicola Sturgeon was his protege and worked intimately with him for over a decade ,what did she know and see ??
    Has Nicola gone into hiding ?, BBC trotted out her deputy this morning to comment on the budget, whilst the same old same old from her, she did her piece without the annoyance of the NS voice which was a brucie bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Has Nicola gone into hiding ?, BBC trotted out her deputy this morning to comment on the budget, whilst the same old same old from her, she did her piece without the annoyance of the NS voice which was a brucie bonus.
    She did a press conference before Boris today on coronavirus, look at me I'm first, political point show goes on sadly even at the expense of a serious virus ,I wouldn't invite her next time

Alex Salmond just been found not guilty of all charges.

Moral of the story is that people are innocent before being proven guilty.

I guess he OP is going to have to find some joyful malevolence elsewhere tonight!

That was some result for him. The jury took his word over all nine of his accusers. But they'll get anonymity for life which doesn't seem fair.

If the man is innocent he's innocent end of , should the accusers now be prosecuted , if there is no crime by him ,then they are in the wrong ??

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Moral of the story is that people are innocent before being proven guilty.

I guess he OP is going to have to find some joyful malevolence elsewhere tonight!
    The Herald ran the story which I posted, never liked the man never will , but hey he's innocent of all wrong doing .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If the man is innocent he's innocent end of , should the accusers now be prosecuted , if there is no crime by him ,then they are in the wrong ??
    I'm not sure about them being prosecuted but do believe they should be named to dissuade others from making bogus allegations as there appears to be no sanctions applied currently.

I recall reading that Germany's, like Britain's, prison estate was constantly operating at near capacity due to a significant number of prisoners found guilty of historical sex crimes.

Germany then did away with paying state compensation to victims of those found guilty and within 12 months the number of similar cases fell by 79%. Rightly or wrongly many observers jumped to the conclusion that prior the prime motivation of most accusers was not to see justice served but to bag a payout.

If a victim of rape here receives, say, £20K then it might be an idea to replace the cash incentive with the equivalent amount made available to pay for counselling services for those who suffer from mental health problems as a result of what they suffered.

What I don't understand how did this get past the CPS , they knew it was high profile case , if these allegations were hoaks , what evidence made them press for a prosecution ??

Unsure what's worse, the indiscretion of the barrister or the snooper recording a private conversation.

From what I read of that trial which was implied rather than stated was a very senior Scottish SNP female politician is very fond of the company of other females and for reasons which were unclear took such a dislike to AS that she persuaded her fave rug munching girlfriend to not only invent a false accusation against AS but also recruited others to do likewise. A second SNP female who took umbrage at AS' unwillingness to back her candidacy for a seat also made up some rubbish to then get others to make some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Unsure what's worse, the indiscretion of the barrister or the snooper recording a private conversation.

From what I read of that trial which was implied rather than stated was a very senior Scottish SNP female politician is very fond of the company of other females and for reasons which were unclear took such a dislike to AS that she persuaded her fave rug munching girlfriend to not only invent a false accusation against AS but also recruited others to do likewise. A second SNP female who took umbrage at AS' unwillingness to back her candidacy for a seat also made up some rubbish to then get others to make some too.
    This would make a great film with Peter Kay staring as Alex Salmond and Kathy Burke as Nicola Sturgeon.

Bring back Donald Dewar