+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keeping fit at home

Keeping fit at home

I have to care for my elderly mother whose health is failing , she gets very ill with urine infections and needs a lot of care

I dont have the time or opportunity to join a gym , go swimming or go jogging , play squash , 5 a side etc

Cardio wise I a restricted to a brisk walk when the care workers are there to give me a break

Apart from buying an indoor bike that's all I can do

I have some dumbbells and a weighted bar

What sort of stuff can I do at home ?

I was thinking of a basic workout of squats , press ups , abdominal curls , shoulder press with dumbells , biceps curls , side lateral raises , upright rows for the trapezius, then repeat

Times 3

How does that sound

Grateful for any advice from people who are into training , it's for my mind as well as my body

CHEERS FOLKS

Re: Keeping fit at home

Office based staff are always encouraged to use the stairs every hour or so, you could come up with some reps taking stairs 2/3 at a time etc. ? I'm assuming it's not a bungalow.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    Office based staff are always encouraged to use the stairs every hour or so, you could come up with some reps taking stairs 2/3 at a time etc. ? I'm assuming it's not a bungalow.
    Cheers mate , stairs are not an option , she has a stair lift installed as she is prone to falls

Just been out for a walk , in the hail stones

I have fished a pond up by you , penywaun pool, some nice fish in there

Must have built that since I left in the 80's!