+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Possibly all EFL games behind closed doors !!!!!

Possibly all EFL games behind closed doors !!!!!

Re: Possibly all EFL games behind closed doors !!!!!

If that were to happen people would crowd into pubs to watch matches thus defeating the object of banning spectators from football grounds.

Why have WalesOnline contacted the EFL, as the last sentence says? From that article it’s implying that any decision is the Government’s decision, the football authorities will have to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If that were to happen people would crowd into pubs to watch matches thus defeating the object of banning spectators from football grounds.

Have you fully read the article?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Have you fully read the article?
    The final paragraph of the article does not accord with sentiments expressed by various people in broadcasts I have heard. Believe Wales online if you like but I take many things they say with a pinch of salt. The experience so far, when the gates have been closed, shows crowds of people cheering their team on from outside the closed stadium and it will take some effort by the Police to stop that from happening here.

The final paragraph of the article does not accord with sentiments expressed by various people in broadcasts I have heard. Believe Wales online if you like but I take many things they say with a pinch of salt. The experience so far, when the gates have been closed, shows crowds of people cheering their team on from outside the closed stadium and it will take some effort by the Police to stop that from happening here.
    Do you honestly think that there'll be a load of Cardiff City Ultras outside the stadium on Sunday if the game gets postponed? There's barely 16000 when they've got a seat inside for f**ks sakes

I’ll ask again, have you fully read the article? You stated that fans would gather in pubs to watch games, that scenario was covered in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Do you honestly think that there'll be a load of Cardiff City Ultras outside the stadium on Sunday if the game gets postponed? There's barely 16000 when they've got a seat inside for f**ks sakes
    Get down there early if you want to get on Fred’s shoulders next to the Cup.

I’ll ask again, have you fully read the article? You stated that fans would gather in pubs to watch games, that scenario was covered in the article.
    What if the landlord/lady is a season ticket holder ??

Shirley they could have it on their tele ??

Or possibly not!!!!!

My earlier post referred to the final paragraph of the article. Have you read my post? Don't be so confrontational.

My earlier post referred to the final paragraph of the article. Have you read my post? Don't be so confrontational.
    There are 6 more paragraphs in the article below the one that references outlawing broadcasts in pubs, obscured by several adverts.

Not being confrontational, just pointing out that you said fans crowding into pubs to watch games would defeat the object but the article had covered that scenario. I was only pointing out that out, we’re almost all guilty of skimming over articles and missing a point or two.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Or possibly not!!!!!
    Or definitely not!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Or definitely not!!!!!
    What's all this about

I have only just got up

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What's all this about

I have only just got up
    What it means is that games like Gillingham v Fleetwood, Tranmere v Lincoln, Grimsby v Carlisle and Stevenage v Newport will not be played behind closed doors and beamed live across the nation.

Personally I'm stunned.

This is bollocks!

Teams don't want to play at all, as an increasing number of clubs have one or more players testing positive for the virus.

However, the medical world need this virus to spread - slowly - so that the human race can build up "herd resistance/immunity" for the future.