+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff Central Train Station Is Crap

Re: Cardiff Central Train Station Is Crap

I'm curious that Westminster have delayed passing over the tracks to Transport for Wales because if they do/did so before the new HS2 budget is formally granted then they would be due to pay the Welsh Government money due to rail being (partly) devolved? Maybe they haven't done it on purpose so they get to give even less investment that they already do.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Central Bristol has many independent music venues, pubs etc. Cribs isn't really classed as a city centre more of a Mall, I visit the City a lot for business and pleasure .
    If it’s shopping you’re talking about, Bristol City Centre is awful.
    Trust me, I live in Bristol and I literally never go there.
    We use Cribbs Causeway or Cardiff.
    Yes, Queen Street is rotten now, because all the money has gone to The Hays and St. Mary Street has a naff Wetherspoons feel to it, but Cardiff City Centre is still nicer for the chain shops.
    As for train stations, whilst Cardiff Central is too small, at least it’s in the right place. Bristol Temple Meads was built in the wrong place and that was when Bristol’s main shopping area was High Street, not Broadmead, which is closer to the station.

Bristol is more affluent and can support more independent shops.

I think Queen Street has gone downhill because the whole focus of the city centre has been shifted. Where was the centre in 1970s? Probably the castle end of Queen Street. Where is it now? I'd say the Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    If it’s shopping you’re talking about, Bristol City Centre is awful.
    Trust me, I live in Bristol and I literally never go there.
    We use Cribbs Causeway or Cardiff.
    Yes, Queen Street is rotten now, because all the money has gone to The Hays and St. Mary Street has a naff Wetherspoons feel to it, but Cardiff City Centre is still nicer for the chain shops.
    As for train stations, whilst Cardiff Central is too small, at least it’s in the right place. Bristol Temple Meads was built in the wrong place and that was when Bristol’s main shopping area was High Street, not Broadmead, which is closer to the station.
    I like it go at least once or twice a month think the CABOT is a half decent commercial shopping / entertainment/eatery venue , love the many independent pubs , many music venues .

In and around St Nicolas Market is great . lovely outdoor food , cracking pubs down the side of the market try this link :

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=pub...ristol+BS1+1TG

Like the Waterfront , roads up to Clifton shops , pubs eateries , outlets alongside the river down the to the Theckla .

I honesty dont get the same vibe in a a day / night out situation in Cardiff and I love my City .

Each to their own I guess