+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your ideas about completing seasons

Re: Your ideas about completing seasons

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder how many professional football clubs such a scenario would bankrupt? I won't even pretend to have any answers, but I'm pretty sure that no games for 9 months would have a devastating effect on the game in this country.

The game has previously been suspended for lengthy periods due to the outbreak of wars, but it was a completely different financial model in those days.
    It could change the environment dramatically.
    Football will bounce back in some form or other though I’m sure.

Personally I’m just going to concentrate my efforts into doing what I am for the people who work for me and my family.

In truth, I’m worried.
    Will suppliers and customers survive ?

What if we have to close for weeks or months ?

How will the staff cope ?

How long will we survive as a business without being able to produce.
    People can’t run machines from home.

Small problems like our teams league position now seem insignificant as this puts it all into perspective .

Certainly spoilt my 50th birthday weekend and has blown our ‘Honeymoon’ week in Sorrento in3 weeks time 😂 ( 28 years we’ve been married and it was to be our first week away without our kids).. and I’m not that bothered we can do it later.
    Seems so unimportant when thousands are fearing for their lives and livelihoods

Can't realistically see the remaining games being completed so fairest thing to do is declare this season null and void with no promotions or relegations, each team remains in it's current division and starts next season with the points gained this season. In theory Man City could still win the title this season and the current bottom three could all escape so it would be unfair to those clubs if they are relegated now. Hard luck on Liverpool.

On Football Focus someone said that there is a recent precedent from Chile where the league season had to end about 6-8 games before the end. The leading team at the point the season was suspended was awarded the title but there were no promotions or relegations.

That would be good news for Liverpool and bad news for Leeds.

Please let the season be declared null and void!! They are 25 points clear, with only 10 games left and have not won the league for 30 years and have never won the premier league. Please cancel the league without champions. Please!!

Clubs playing behind closed doors would be ok as long as all players are tested first

To me it seems quite simple. This season is declared null and void and they plan to start again in August, virus permitting. If there is a fairer way of doing things I’m yet to hear it. We can’t decide what the future may have held yet we can ignore what the past has determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    To me it seems quite simple. This season is declared null and void and they plan to start again in August, virus permitting. If there is a fairer way of doing things I’m yet to hear it. We can’t decide what the future may have held yet we can ignore what the past has determined.
    Fairer than postponing the season? Everything over the past 8 months would count for nothing. Some L1 have 12 games left, L2 teams 10; that's a lot of revenue to lose and would leave some clubs on the brink.

Subbuteo. Each team's manager is the 'player'. All fixtures can be completed within a couple of days. Can also be televised providing players or referee doesn't get in the way..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    An easy thing to say for a fan of a team that is going to win nothing and has only a tiny chance of promotion.
    Does he support Leeds?

To my mind we've got to complete this season at some point, probably in the autumn. I like the idea a few people have mentioned of playing a shortened season next year with teams playing each other once. Fairest way to do it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue View Post
    To my mind we've got to complete this season at some point, probably in the autumn. I like the idea a few people have mentioned of playing a shortened season next year with teams playing each other once. Fairest way to do it imo.
    Clubs budget for a full season; a curtailed one would reduce income and probably result in job losses. I'm not sure why the next few seasons can't just budge up a little, even if it takes a few years to get things straight again.

some folks calling for 2 clubs to go up making prem and bigger league..

im split on this, as we all know folks in the top sections could drop in or out of there positions during the remaining games...
    so i dont think top 2 in champ should should go up and so on... everything should stop where it has...

buit... and this is a big but and 1 that has me split... and no im no liverpool fan by any stretch, could go as far as hate them in fact lol... but they should either be awarded the title for the season that never was, if that makes them happy then fine...
    or they should start the new season when ever that may be and at this rate who knows... but they could start the new season with the points difference they have now... i know i dont even know why but just how i feel

all we do know is this is all getting a bit crazy... global recession on its way no doubt and we are talking about this

like im dreaming all this