+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Report finds Sala pilot not licenced for flight

Report finds Sala pilot not licenced for flight

Re: Report finds Sala pilot not licenced for flight

Travelling too fast I hear, carbon dioxide poisoning, pilot of the plane that crashed killing footballer Emiliano Sala was not licensed to fly the aircraft, investigators have found.

This makes the clubs stance on the transfer appear more valid. Their position is that the pilot was hired by Nantes (or a representative of) and that given he was unlicensed means they would be liable for any accident or injury occurring as a result of the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Travelling too fast I hear, carbon dioxide poisoning, pilot of the plane that crashed killing footballer Emiliano Sala was not licensed to fly the aircraft, investigators have found.
    carbon monoxide

I am amazed how little reaction this news has had on here.

The report also states that the pilot was expecting to be paid so whoever was paying him is partly to blame.

The aircraft owners are also culpable.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I am amazed how little reaction this news has had on here.

The report also states that the pilot was expecting to be paid so whoever was paying him is partly to blame.

The aircraft owners are also culpable.
    Probably because everyone already knew that he was not licensed to fly, I am sure reports were circulating that within days of the crash.

Unfortunately people forget and it is over a year since the tragedy. There is not a lot in the report that we didn't know/suspect. The report really just brings all the strands together.
    Whichever way you look at it, an awful way for Sala and the pilot to die. They must have been terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Probably because everyone already knew that he was not licensed to fly, I am sure reports were circulating that within days of the crash.
    The PPRuNe website was pretty much spot-on about everything as the events unfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Unfortunately people forget and it is over a year since the tragedy. There is not a lot in the report that we didn't know/suspect. The report really just brings all the strands together.
    Whichever way you look at it, an awful way for Sala and the pilot to die.

(They must have been terrified) .
    Awful image

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    This makes the clubs stance on the transfer appear more valid. Their position is that the pilot was hired by Nantes (or a representative of) and that given he was unlicensed means they would be liable for any accident or injury occurring as a result of the journey.
    Yes do agree , I wonder if this will become a factor in the court of arbitration

Is there going to be a finger pointing and blaming exercise as a result of this particular report ?

My take on the findings of yesterday's report;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Is there going to be a finger pointing and blaming exercise as a result of this particular report ?
    I think it has just formalised the reasons for the finger pointing and blaming that has already taken place. There is nothing really new - but it is an official report, not the brief interim thing that came out last year or press interpretations of the expert opinion.

What I don't really understand is whether there are still potential criminal or civil actions against those who organised the flight. The Dorset police have decided to end their investigation into Dave Henderson and not pass the file to CPS - but are there other investigations still carrying on in the UK or France that could lead to prosecutions?

Clearly the AAIB report will be a major element of Cardiff's case against fee liability in the CAS hearing in a few months time.