+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: National League, what's that all about?

National League, what's that all about?

Some matches off in the National League and National League (North) called off, but the majority and all of the matches in the National League (South) are going ahead today. All games in the Isthmian League are off, all matches in Wales down to parks football are off and I believe the same applies in Scotland, but not to leagues which include many professional teams - odd.

Edit, anyone desperate to watch some live football can see Halifax v Ebbsfleet on BT Sport this evening assuming there is no late postponement.

Re: National League, what's that all about?

Rugby League going ahead too.

Any netball on? Desperate times.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Some matches off in the National League and National League (North) called off, but the majority and all of the matches in the National League (South) are going ahead today. All games in the Isthmian League are off, all matches in Wales down to parks football are off and I believe the same applies in Scotland, but not to leagues which include many professional teams - odd.

Edit, anyone desperate to watch some live football can see Halifax v Ebbsfleet on BT Sport this evening assuming there is no late postponement.
    Cheers Bob, that will fill the football void today.

I think they’re just cancelling ad-hoc games where teams have players or staff in isolation. Like PL game in mid-week. Otherwise fixtures are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think they’re just cancelling ad-hoc games where teams have players or staff in isolation. Like PL game in mid-week. Otherwise fixtures are on.
    Yes, they are - Wrexham's match is off because one of their players has self isolated and Boreham Wood called theirs off because Arsenal play Under 23 and women's matches at their ground.

There's Turkish and Russian top league fixtures soon to be streamed at http://www.hesgoal.com for those who are really gasping for a footy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Thanks for that Bob, I think I'll watch that tonight. I'm actually rooting for Halifax, Barrow and Notts County for promotion this year so I'll have a dog in the fight.

Like you I'm a bit bewildered why the majority of NL matches are still scheduled to be played: perhaps it's because the powers that be have decided it's not worth risking the economic health of smaller clubs given the expected lower attendances.

Five matches off now in both the National League and National League (North), while all matches in National League (South) are still going ahead - surely, those matches still on, including Halifax v Ebbsfleet, will go ahead now?