+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14 weeks of the Dunkirk Spirit - no thanks.

14 weeks of the Dunkirk Spirit - no thanks.

Was in Tesco [Western Ave] earlier. Apparently queues outside from 9am , doors opened 9.30am, tills opened 10.00am. Went there to do usual Sunday shop and the queues were people coming OUT of the car park. The whole toilet roll isle empty, no pasta, paracetamol, flour, tinned toms. I spoke to a girl who says they were stopping loads of people trying to take more than 5 jumbo packs of toilet rolls out with them. Even after the shelf-emptiers had left it was still as busy as Christmas Eve. Most people just doing their ordinary shop but an incredibly selfish and stupid minority making it difficult for the rest. Just had a photo from a friend who was in a Sainsbury's in London, showing the whole store practically stripped of everything !

Re: 14 weeks of the Dunkirk Spirit - no thanks.

There are some right clowns among us, there is always enough food for everyone if we just shop as usual. Sure you can stock up a bit more but people buying loads of bog roll wtf is that about? It’s not a novo virus, you won’t get the shits.....what is wrong with these people. My mate is in lockdown in Italy and he can go shopping everyday, as will we be able too.

Shows the current climate of selfishness. I was up in Tesco culver yesterday and to be honest there was plenty of fresh food and all other items except the hoarders favourites (pasta, loo roll, paracetamol). What I did notice was there was a lot of people just doing their weekly shop and only one or two cretins going mental.
    But yes they are spoiling it for everyone else.

Just been to Asda down the bay, they had bogroll and some pasta. Most people were just taking a pack of bogroll, maybe two. There's always some with 5 or 6 though

It's a vicious circle now. Everyone knows that toilet roll panic buying is a thing, so more panic buy it just in case. There's no sensible reason to do it.

Think it started in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Was in Tesco [Western Ave] earlier. Apparently queues outside from 9am , doors opened 9.30am, tills opened 10.00am. Went there to do usual Sunday shop and the queues were people coming OUT of the car park. The whole toilet roll isle empty, no pasta, paracetamol, flour, tinned toms. I spoke to a girl who says they were stopping loads of people trying to take more than 5 jumbo packs of toilet rolls out with them. Even after the shelf-emptiers had left it was still as busy as Christmas Eve. Most people just doing their ordinary shop but an incredibly selfish and stupid minority making it difficult for the rest. Just had a photo from a friend who was in a Sainsbury's in London, showing the whole store practically stripped of everything !
    In lidl pentwyn yesterday the cashier wouldn't let a customer have 24 tomato puree tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    In lidl pentwyn yesterday the cashier wouldn't let a customer have 24 tomato puree tubes.
    In heinz site, well done to the cashier.

My old dear suffers with chronic diarrhoea due to her irritable bowel syndrome , she goes through a lot!

Was in the supermarket yesterday and this idiotbwith his kids had a trolley full , I went to the aisle and it was empty of both roll told him he was a **** as I walked past him

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's a vicious circle now. Everyone knows that toilet roll panic buying is a thing, so more panic buy it just in case. There's no sensible reason to do it.

Think it started in Hong Kong.
    If you told people there was an imminent artichoke shortage, lots would rush out and buy them, panic buying is a sad reality at any time. In this instance with a pandemic, it's just that bit more dismaying.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    In heinz site, well done to the cashier.
    I'm. Glad the predictive spelling didn't change tubes to lubes 😁

Although I still don't get the toilet roll situation, the only thing that has surprised me about the chaos in the supermarkets during the last few days is that intelligent people are surprised by it. Despite all the evidence of recent years, many of us still seem reluctant to accept that the UK has developed into a nation of morons.

Bloody hell not artichokes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Although I still don't get the toilet roll situation, the only thing that has surprised me about the chaos in the supermarkets during the last few days is that intelligent people are surprised by it. Despite all the evidence of recent years, many of us still seem reluctant to accept that the UK has developed into a nation of morons.
    Perhaps because there are no tissues around they are using toilet paper instead, just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Perhaps because there are no tissues around they are using toilet paper instead, just a thought!
    For what? Corona doesn't give you a running nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    As I was saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My old dear suffers with chronic diarrhoea due to her irritable bowel syndrome , she goes through a lot!

Was in the supermarket yesterday and this idiotbwith his kids had a trolley full , I went to the aisle and it was empty of both roll told him he was a **** as I walked past him
    Your lucky I had the kids with me...

Morons is putting it mildly. However the thought of them living on pasta and tomato sauce for the foreseeable future, whilst staring at their stockpiles of toilet rolls, is some comfort..

It’s psychological apparently. Toilet rolls are nearly always sold as a bulk item and each pack takes up a lot of space on a retailers shelves... which means that the appearance of being sold out is achieved pretty quickly. It’s that visual scarcity that prompts the human behaviour... and once the ball is rolling the pasta, rice, dry goods knock on is next in line.

It’s crazy behaviour but this at least gives it some context

Just saw an appropriate pricing approach by a Dutch retailer on hand sanitizer. They had a notice on the shelf saying ... 1st bottle is €5. Each subsequent bottle is €140. That’d stop the bog roll behaviour in its tracks

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Just saw an appropriate pricing approach by a Dutch retailer on hand sanitizer. They had a notice on the shelf saying ... 1st bottle is €5. Each subsequent bottle is €140. That’d stop the bog roll behaviour in its tracks
    What a fantastic way of dealing with buffoons.

I was speaking to the bloke who runs Budd Electrical on Caerphilly rd, yesterday. He said that they sold out of freezers yesterday alone. People are ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    A public service. A 28oz can is much more economical.

Go to a student area to shop, we haven't gone mental yet

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Go to a student area to shop, we haven't gone mental yet
    Probably slightly more educated and a better grasp of putting things into perspective with the ability to think rationally. There are some ultra mongtards amongst the general population who seem to thrive on sound bite media. What they should do is to make twitter and facebook messages a minimum of 500 words, the daft ****ers wouldn't read these things then. We're in an age where there is so much media out there, 20 years ago dull people wouldn't have read a decent newspaper or watched anything informative, so they wouldn't have had a clue what was going on. Now they've subscribed to the cretinous level of social media that screams at these peoples most basic of emotions.

As I was saying.....
    I know that but one of the biggest warnings is to use a tissue to cough into, if there are no tissues about them you can use toilet paper, who said anything about runny noses, I didn't!