+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14 weeks of the Dunkirk Spirit - no thanks.

Re: 14 weeks of the Dunkirk Spirit - no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    For what? Corona doesn't give you a running nose.
    I know that but one of the biggest warnings is to use a tissue to cough into, if there are no tissues about them you can use toilet paper, who said anything about runny noses, I didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Although I still don't get the toilet roll situation, the only thing that has surprised me about the chaos in the supermarkets during the last few days is that intelligent people are surprised by it. Despite all the evidence of recent years, many of us still seem reluctant to accept that the UK has developed into a nation of morons.
    There's nothing uniquely British about it. It's been happening in South Korea, Italy, Australia, Japan, the USA, France, Germany and a myriad of other countries. There are articles in many languages on the net about the irrationality of their fellow native-speakers stocking up on toilet paper et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I know that but one of the biggest warnings is to use a tissue to cough into, if there are no tissues about them you can use toilet paper, who said anything about runny noses, I didn't!
    There are lots of things that people can cough into, just takes a bit of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's nothing uniquely British about it. It's been happening in South Korea, Italy, Australia, Japan, the USA, France, Germany and a myriad of other countries. There are articles in many languages on the net about the irrationality of their fellow native-speakers stocking up on toilet paper et al.
    I'm lucky, i love eating pigs liver and Marmite, plenty of it left in the supermarkets, a bit like the riots in London a few years back when people were looting, Holland and Barrett didn't even have a hand print on their windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm lucky, i love eating pigs liver and Marmite, plenty of it left in the supermarkets, a bit like the riots in London a few years back when people were looting, Holland and Barrett didn't even have a hand print on their windows.
    I'm going out tomorrow to stockpile Marmite. Get ahead of the curve like.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Was in the supermarket yesterday and this idiotbwith his kids had a trolley full , I went to the aisle and it was empty of both roll told him he was a **** as I walked past him
    With his kids with him? oooh you’re hard

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    His kids probably think he's a **** as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    F ucks sake, just leave the pigs livers...

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Have you tried the new 'Extra Old' version? I came across it yesterday and tried it. Stronger than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Do yourself a favour, go and have a lie down.

31/01/2020: "This is our independence day! It's the will of the people! Bollocks to Europe! We're taking back control!"

15/03/2020: "This is ridiculous! The UK government doesn't know what it's doing! We should be listening to the French, the Irish and the Spanish!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Sludge is as cowardly as they come. The fella he insulted must have been feeble looking who shuffles around with the aid of a walking stick.

In the late 80s City played Ton Pentre away in the FA Cup. It was very difficult persuading him to attend as he had convinced himself Rhondda was packed with good banjo players like the one in the film Deliverance.

He only relented on hearing the area was full of willing wenches and that he could be in like Flynn with any number of them if he was prepared to overlook the moustache many were sporting.

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman;5056246]Do yourself a favour, go and have a lie down.[/QUOTE
    You are such a prick! why don't you have a day off!

Probably slightly more educated and a better grasp of putting things into perspective with the ability to think rationally. There are some ultra mongtards amongst the general population who seem to thrive on sound bite media. What they should do is to make twitter and facebook messages a minimum of 500 words, the daft ****ers wouldn't read these things then. We're in an age where there is so much media out there, 20 years ago dull people wouldn't have read a decent newspaper or watched anything informative, so they wouldn't have had a clue what was going on. Now they've subscribed to the cretinous level of social media that screams at these peoples most basic of emotions.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It’s psychological apparently. Toilet rolls are nearly always sold as a bulk item and each pack takes up a lot of space on a retailers shelves... which means that the appearance of being sold out is achieved pretty quickly. It’s that visual scarcity that prompts the human behaviour... and once the ball is rolling the pasta, rice, dry goods knock on is next in line.

It’s crazy behaviour but this at least gives it some context
    Maybe, but there's a strata of society that has this 'must-have-now' mentality. Two occasions come to mind ; I remember when those cabbage patch dolls came out and mothers were punching the hell out of each other to get the last few. There was also the image of people queuing overnight outside the Apple store in Regent Street to be the 1st to get the latest Apple iphone. I think it was about £800, did nothing really different than the previous one, and if they'd waited 24hrs they could have walked into the store having had a decent night in bed..

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    and sweden ...went out to buy some food only to find the shelves empty of pasta and anything pasta related...of course any type of tissue was also gone
    So there are morons everywhere.

Well im doing great, cause i went on a massive panic buying spree 10 days ago

Oh hang on, Ive done 2 big weekly shops since then ( one today that was rather pointless, as the shelves were empty ), never mind that though

lets look at what i got that fateful day that sent the county into panic and our resident mr angry into a meltdown

lets call it " matt's massive panic buying spree that actually wasnt " watch

the pack of 9 toilet rolls -- well i opened the pack on the 1st weekend, our house of 4 of us have used 6 of the rolls of that pack ( i have 3 of that pack left )

a few cans of soup -- Ive used 2 cans of the tesco's plant based soup for lunch, we have 3 cans left

a few cans of mixed beans -- The wife did a chilli and used 1 can, we have 2 cans left

few cartons of UHT milk -- still in the cupboard, emergency only, coffee or tea, 3 cartons left, i have 2 years to drink it though

few box's of cereal -- Ive cracked open the crunchy nut cornflakes, had some for supper a few days back, 2 box's of cereal left

today we went to do our weekly shop, took 10 mins to get parked, the shelves were empty, its no bother though, i have learnt since " matt's massive panic buying spree that actually wasnt " day that i can do a online shop and food / supplies magically appear despite the shelves being empty

thats all for now folks, keep tuned to see when my last few items from that special special day are consumed, who knows i might even go " facebook live " to record the eating of my last can of soup , stay safe out there

An unlikely story. Any money your bedroom furniture is bulging with grub rather than clothes and the ceilings are bowed due to you filling the loft's every nook and cranny with more of the same.

You are a millimetre away from being denounced as a coronavirus hoarding rotter.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    An unlikely story. Any money your bedroom furniture is bulging with grub rather than clothes and the ceilings are bowed due to you filling the loft's every nook and cranny with more of the same.

You are a millimetre away from being denounced as a coronavirus hoarding rotter.

you must have seen my till receipt from last week then but keep it quiet of " he " will be on one again

Funny thing is, I moved house 3 weeks ago and while we are doing the girls bedrooms, we are living out of boxes, so a extra box of 2 will not make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Well im doing great, cause i went on a massive panic buying spree 10 days ago

Oh hang on, Ive done 2 big weekly shops since then ( one today that was rather pointless, as the shelves were empty ), never mind that though

lets look at what i got that fateful day that sent the county into panic and our resident mr angry into a meltdown

lets call it " matt's massive panic buying spree that actually wasnt " watch

the pack of 9 toilet rolls -- well i opened the pack on the 1st weekend, our house of 4 of us have used 6 of the rolls of that pack ( i have 3 of that pack left )

a few cans of soup -- Ive used 2 cans of the tesco's plant based soup for lunch, we have 3 cans left

a few cans of mixed beans -- The wife did a chilli and used 1 can, we have 2 cans left

few cartons of UHT milk -- still in the cupboard, emergency only, coffee or tea, 3 cartons left, i have 2 years to drink it though

few box's of cereal -- Ive cracked open the crunchy nut cornflakes, had some for supper a few days back, 2 box's of cereal left

today we went to do our weekly shop, took 10 mins to get parked, the shelves were empty, its no bother though, i have learnt since " matt's massive panic buying spree that actually wasnt " day that i can do a online shop and food / supplies magically appear despite the shelves being empty

thats all for now folks, keep tuned to see when my last few items from that special special day are consumed, who knows i might even go " facebook live " to record the eating of my last can of soup , stay safe out there
    Shut up.

Shut up.
    Ooooooo sense of humour by-pass eh

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It’s psychological apparently. Toilet rolls are nearly always sold as a bulk item and each pack takes up a lot of space on a retailers shelves... which means that the appearance of being sold out is achieved pretty quickly. It’s that visual scarcity that prompts the human behaviour... and once the ball is rolling the pasta, rice, dry goods knock on is next in line.

It’s crazy behaviour but this at least gives it some context
    Exactly this.

Its the bulkiest necessity in the shop, hence it can appear low in stock very quickly.

Whilst my office is still open I'll be performing my daily personal evacuation there, thus preserving my own supplies.

Ooooooo sense of humour by-pass eh
    You think what you wrote was funny?

Banned

you must have seen my till receipt from last week then but keep it quiet of " he " will be on one again

Funny thing is, I moved house 3 weeks ago and while we are doing the girls bedrooms, we are living out of box's, so a extra box of 2 will not make a difference
    Panic buying 10 days ago - 2 big shops since?!? And you complain the shelves were empty. Of course your act, in isolation, hasn't caused a shortage. But, you are not a trend setter. You're a lemming.

I have been going around supermarkets today, not for myself, but for an elderly neighbour who was distraught because of the shortages. A timid lady, she knocked my door asking for toilet roll, she was quite embarrassed. She had been to the supermarket 4 times this week, every time there wasn't any.

You actually inspired me, I thought if someone as thick as Blue Matt with his seeming incapability to spell words like boxes can get toilet roll, then I am darned sure I can too.

I gave her one of my rolls, and set off. Asda, none there - it was like the end of days though. Lots of thickos grabbing whatever they could. I did notice the fruit and veg aisles were not ripe picking grounds for the locusts though. I picked up some stuff from there, some bacon, some sausages, some biscuits, some milk and some bread. I then drove to Tesco, no bog roll there. Morrison's, they had some Andrex, 4 rolls. I grabbed two packs.

I got home, somewhat depressed at the state of human nature and popped all the stuff I bought into my neighbours. Got back home, 10 minutes later a knock on the door - she made me a bacon sarnie. Absolutely lovely it was, crispy bacon, brown sauce. We had a cup of tea, a chat, and I told her not to worry about shortages. I also told her to write whatever she needs on a piece of paper, and I'll get it next time I am out. Apologies if this comes over as smug, but some people have genuine reasons to be concerned. She is 78, 79 in April she told me. Has some chest problems, petrified she will get sick. She's probably the exact type of person who should be panic buying, no family, never married. Maybe, the next time you behave selfishly, irrationally and irresponsibly, you may extend your thought processes to her, and others like her. But, that may require intelligence, empathy, and self awareness... all things that you are incredibly adept at showing you have none of.

You think what you wrote was funny?
    it was a bit of a spoof post, at least Organ Morgan joined in with the spirit of it ( i think )