+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14 weeks of the Dunkirk Spirit - no thanks.

Banned

Re: 14 weeks of the Dunkirk Spirit - no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it was a bit of a spoof post, at least Organ Morgan joined in with the spirit of it ( i think )
    You can't spoof your stupidity.

No matter what is going on, you always make things all about you.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Maybe, but there's a strata of society that has this 'must-have-now' mentality. Two occasions come to mind ; I remember when those cabbage patch dolls came out and mothers were punching the hell out of each other to get the last few. There was also the image of people queuing overnight outside the Apple store in Regent Street to be the 1st to get the latest Apple iphone. I think it was about £800, did nothing really different than the previous one, and if they'd waited 24hrs they could have walked into the store having had a decent night in bed..
    It’s still psychological

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Panic buying 10 days ago - 2 big shops since?!? And you complain the shelves were empty. Of course your act, in isolation, hasn't caused a shortage. But, you are not a trend setter. You're a lemming.
    As you seem to keep on posting about my " panic buying " , i guess you want / need a response from me, so here goes, maybe then you can move on with your life, i suspect it will not help, but i can only try

" matt's massive panic buying spree that actually wasnt " list

1 pack of 9 toilet rolls
    5 cans of soup
    3 cans of mixed beans
    3 cartons of UHT milk
    3 boxes of cereal

Now in the last 2 weeks, if you have been to a supermarket, you will realise that was hardly panic buying

as for the other 2 big shops, they were our weekly shops, something we do once a week

I hope that has cleared up your embarrassing infatuation with me

International

you must have seen my till receipt from last week then but keep it quiet of " he " will be on one again

Funny thing is, I moved house 3 weeks ago and while we are doing the girls bedrooms, we are living out of boxes, so a extra box of 2 will not make a difference
    What has doing the girls bedroom got to do with the family living out of boxes, do you normally store everything in the girls bedroom? I can't see the direct connection.
    Did you have to move house for more room to stockpile all the lasta and tins that you panic bought earlier?

International

As you seem to keep on posting about my " panic buying " , i guess you want / need a response from me, so here goes, maybe then you can move on with your life, i suspect it will not help, but i can only try

" matt's massive panic buying spree that actually wasnt " list

1 pack of 9 toilet rolls
    5 cans of soup
    3 cans of mixed beans
    3 cartons of UHT milk
    3 boxes of cereal

Now in the last 2 weeks, if you have been to a supermarket, you will realise that was hardly panic buying

as for the other 2 big shops, they were our weekly shops, something we do once a week

I hope that has cleared up your embarrassing infatuation with me
    This and the previous posts are a thinly veiled attempt to make up for the original post in the "Panic buying thread", but poorly done.
    This list doesn't for example mention sheets of pasta as in "There were a few packs of pasta sheets left so I 'grabbed' them".
    Remember the old rule, "When you find you're in a hole........."

On another note, I had the misfortune to be in Morrisons in Wincanton yesterday and everything in the shop was very orderly. there were toilet rolls on the shelves and no empty shelves anywhere in the store. People were very polite and everyone greeted the armed guard at the front of every check-out queue with a cheery smile.
    There were a few dead bodies in the car park where people had been taken down by the machine gun nests at the automatic doors trying to flee with more than the ration of certain items, as per decreed by the Wiltshire mafia, but in general things were normal, (well for wiltshire) no one trying to rob the dead bodies or steal their trainers. Mind you at that time it was still daylight.

Ooooooo sense of humour by-pass eh
    None of it was funny mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm going out tomorrow to stockpile Marmite. Get ahead of the curve like.
    OOOh Marmite overdosing ,no bog roll ,eeeeek

Pandemic profiteering US style.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51909045
    Coronavirus: US man who stockpiled hand sanitiser probed for price gouging
    A man who stockpiled 17,700 bottles of hand sanitiser to sell on Amazon is being investigated for price gouging.

Matt Colvin, from Chattanooga in Tennessee, told the New York Times he had faced a "huge amount of whiplash".

Online platforms have cracked down on sellers listing coronavirus-related items at inflated prices.

Mr Colvin later said he would donate his goods but on the same day Tennessee's attorney general opened an investigation, the Times reported.

Mr Colvin said that from 1 March, the day after the first coronavirus-related death in the US was confirmed, he and his brother had spent three days driving across Tennessee, buying up all the hand sanitiser they could find.

He then listed the bottles on Amazon, selling some for as much as $70 (£57).

Most people where i live i'm sure wouldn't know what an artichoke was or looked like!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Pandemic profiteering US style.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51909045
    Coronavirus: US man who stockpiled hand sanitiser probed for price gouging
    A man who stockpiled 17,700 bottles of hand sanitiser to sell on Amazon is being investigated for price gouging.

Matt Colvin, from Chattanooga in Tennessee, told the New York Times he had faced a "huge amount of whiplash".

Online platforms have cracked down on sellers listing coronavirus-related items at inflated prices.

Mr Colvin later said he would donate his goods but on the same day Tennessee's attorney general opened an investigation, the Times reported.

Mr Colvin said that from 1 March, the day after the first coronavirus-related death in the US was confirmed, he and his brother had spent three days driving across Tennessee, buying up all the hand sanitiser they could find.

He then listed the bottles on Amazon, selling some for as much as $70 (£57).
    Twats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Most people where i live i'm sure wouldn't know what an artichoke was or looked like!!!
    How is the weather on the moon mate?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm lucky, i love eating pigs liver and Marmite, plenty of it left in the supermarkets, a bit like the riots in London a few years back when people were looting, Holland and Barrett didn't even have a hand print on their windows.

Do you have the recipe for this dish please

Thank you 🙏 n advance

My theory is that people are using toilet paper as a substitute for pasta in lasagne.