+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Couldn't put it better myself

Couldn't put it better myself

Basically three days without sport and I don't know which way to turn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51902553

Re: Couldn't put it better myself

I play indoor football for an hour every Monday and Wedensday night, Friday night I do social tennis down my local club, and play sunday league football.

Every single one of these activities has currently been cancelled.

apart from these watching premier league football and going to cardiff games was everything I did in my life outside of work.

Sport is so much more than just a game, it is my social life, my sense of community, my only fitness/exercise and the one thing that keeps my mind clear and away from depression.

Had a girlfriend once who said i could play footy on a sunday, but could not do sport on mon/wed or fri anymore, she wanted me to stay in and watch crap tv all night with her. Lasted 3 weeks.

I take my kids to sporting clubs pretty much every week day, everything is cancelled.

Walked down the street that runs by the local football pitches and you can always hear teams playing and the shouting that comes with sport, absolute silence yesterday.

Community Rugby and Football clubs cannot finish their seasons, and local Cricket clubs cannot plan for theirs, i reckon all sports seasons upcoming will be devastated.

With that you have whole communities not being active, kids not in sport, communities not socializing, the clubs not making money and going to the wall. There are people who their only time out of their home are to go and watch their local teams.

It rips the heart out of small communities.

I'll be glad if city never kick a ball again, ahhhh the memories

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I play indoor football for an hour every Monday and Wedensday night, Friday night I do social tennis down my local club, and play sunday league football.

apart from these watching premier league football and going to cardiff games was everything I did in my life outside of work.

Sport is so much more than just a game, it is my social life, my sense of community, my only fitness/exercise and the one thing that keeps my mind clear and away from depression.

Had a girlfriend once who said i could play footy on a sunday, but could not do sport on mon/wed or fri anymore, she wanted me to stay in and watch crap tv all night with her. Lasted 3 weeks.
    I play 3 times a week as well so I really don’t know what I’m going to do with myself now 🤷*♂️

I suppose that I’ll go out on my bike more but I love playing football :-(

Gol down Lansdowne Road is still taking bookings. Few of my mates are playing a game down there tonight.

Yeah not being able to play sport and go to the gym do exercise might seem like it doesn't matter but I think it'll be a huge miss for loads of people.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Sounds like you should have bought a decent tv