+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson

He must secretly be thinking ‘Why oh why did I get myself involved in this Prime Minister malarkey? While doing a massive

Re: Boris Johnson

I wish they'd take him off stage and let the other two deal with all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I wish they'd take him off stage and let the other two deal with all the questions.
    So does Boris!

he is a clown at best
    he's an embarrassment to the UK

Guess what happens then ??

Exactly, all he needs to say is that he’s obviously not qualified to make statements about the virus, which we’d all understand and agree with, so he’s going to leave all the analysis and talking to the experts. He’s just getting in the way, any decision regarding isolation, closing of facilities etc won’t be made by him, so step back and let the adults inform us please.

In this kind of scenario the prime minister should at least be providing some kind of reassurance. He's failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    he is a clown at best
    The clowns are the ones who created this shit storm , and those who suppressed the issue and allowed migration of people and infection all around the world , point your anger at them ,we are in the unknown including the PM

It’s been shambolic. It’s been obvious that enclosed places like pubs, cinemas, restaurants etc should have been the first to close. Yet even now it’s not Government policy to close them down which puts all of the onus on the pub owners etc.

In the meantime our schools are still open. Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The clowns are the ones who created this shit storm , and those who suppressed the issue and allowed migration of people and infection all around the world , point your anger at them ,we are in the unknown including the PM

We haven’t learnt a thing from what was going on in a China and Italy. We are now sort of going into lockdown a week too late.

TBF he didn't mention closure of the the Rovers Return and Queen Vic ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    he is a clown at best
    Perhaps you would just like to explain what it is you think he should have done and how you would have dealt with this scenario. No doubt if he hadn't been there you would have moaned about that as well. I thought he dealt with the questions and seriousness of it all well and handed over to the medical experts when he needed to. You are still bitter and twisted that the communist party that you supported didn't win the general election. This is not a party political issue, its about protecting peoples lives.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    yes ! you are quite right Sorry Mr Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps you would just like to explain what it is you think he should have done and how you would have dealt with this scenario. No doubt if he hadn't been there you would have moaned about that as well. I thought he dealt with the questions and seriousness of it all well and handed over to the medical experts when he needed to. You are still bitter and twisted that the communist party that you supported didn't win the general election. This is not a party political issue, its about protecting peoples lives.
    And hes not doing a very good job of it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In this kind of scenario the prime minister should at least be providing some kind of reassurance. He's failed miserably.
    How? Are you not watching the briefings at all?

The CMO and CSO have been very reassuring, the fact Boris has left the talking to them is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    How? Are you not watching the briefings at all?

The CMO and CSO have been very reassuring, the fact Boris has left the talking to them is a good thing.
    Yes that is a good thing but it is for the Government to then make tough decisions. If I was an independent pub owner I would be very unhappy that Johnson is telling people to avoid the pub but not actually closing them down. So pubs will lose trade and won’t be able to claim off their business interruption insurance for loss of profits. If they were closed down by the Government they could claim for their loss of profits under their insurance policy.

Brexit means Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes that is a good thing but it is for the Government to then make tough decisions. If I was an independent pub owner I would be very unhappy that Johnson is telling people to avoid the pub but not actually closing them down. So pubs will lose trade and won’t be able to claim off their business interruption insurance for loss of profits. If they were closed down by the Government they could claim for their loss of profits under their insurance policy.
    Forced closures will come eventually, this was implied in the Thursday conference.

The idea is to keep people away now (obviously not everyone is going to follow the advice, but a lot will) so the rate of infections is managed. I do agree that the government have been slightly sloppy with their wording on certain issues which has caused confusion.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Forced closures will come eventually, this was implied in the Thursday conference.

The idea is to keep people away now (obviously not everyone is going to follow the advice, but a lot will) so the rate of infections is managed. I do agree that the government have been slightly sloppy with their wording on certain issues which has caused confusion.
    They shouldn't come eventually, it should have happened already. Advising people not to go to pubs isn't enough

We haven’t learnt a thing from what was going on in a China and Italy. We are now sort of going into lockdown a week too late.
    Haven't you !!!? I'm not, unlike many in this thread an expert on this, but as a John Dough, I think I've learnt enough in that it's best to keep away from peoples where possible, I didn't have much of a choice on the weekend but today I have re-arranged my working time which will remove myself from 75% of the workforce, will not start until next Monday however!!, the blokes a clown, the health service is fked, i get all that, but people also have to take responsibility for themselves as well, I didn't see his speech today but listened to a summary in the car on the way home, he was flanked by a top scientist and medical bod i believe, its a right shit show but I don't think it is a black and white decision, government around the world seem to be doing different things which is to be expected, lack of equipment, expertise and beds etc. deserves all the shit he is going to get, but as what is the right thing to do specifically for the UK I wouldn't think is that clear cut, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't etc. Having parents 75+ is obviously a major concern and I have risk to myself over and above the norm for someone my age, but this is almost unprecedented during my lifetime, we have seen how people are behaving during this crises, he's going to make decisions that will prove to be incorrect I have no doubt but it's too early IMO to just lump on, no one has to go to the pub or a restaurant, it's harsh but what is going on is appearing to be a game changer for those of us now, but more importantly for the future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Haven't you !!!? I'm not, unlike many in this thread an expert on this, but as a John Dough, I think I've learnt enough in that it's best to keep away from peoples where possible, I didn't have much of a choice on the weekend but today I have re-arranged my working time which will remove myself from 75% of the workforce, will not start until next Monday however!!, the blokes a clown, the health service is fked, i get all that, but people also have to take responsibility for themselves as well, I didn't see his speech today but listened to a summary in the car on the way home, he was flanked by a top scientist and medical bod i believe, its a right shit show but I don't think it is a black and white decision, government around the world seem to be doing different things which is to be expected, lack of equipment, expertise and beds etc. deserves all the shit he is going to get, but as what is the right thing to do specifically for the UK I wouldn't think is that clear cut, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't etc. Having parents 75+ is obviously a major concern and I have risk to myself over and above the norm for someone my age, but this is almost unprecedented during my lifetime, we have seen how people are behaving during this crises, he's going to make decisions that will prove to be incorrect I have no doubt but it's too early IMO to just lump on, no one has to go to the pub or a restaurant, it's harsh but what is going on is appearing to be a game changer for those of us now, but more importantly for the future generations.
    but don't you think there will a new virus every...what 2..3..5 years that will have the same effect because of the changes in the environment, we shall see

It’s been shambolic. It’s been obvious that enclosed places like pubs, cinemas, restaurants etc should have been the first to close. Yet even now it’s not Government policy to close them down which puts all of the onus on the pub owners etc.

In the meantime our schools are still open. Madness.
    There's as much space as you need below to list your qualifications and expertise in these matters, and then give us your detailed explanation why you disagree with the most qualified people in this Country.

Then again you could just f*ck off and let the grown ups get on with it..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's as much space as you need below to list your qualifications and expertise in these matters, and then give us your detailed explanation why you disagree with the most qualified people in this Country.

Then again you could just f*ck off and let the grown ups get on with it..
    There are plenty of Scientists around the world who totally disagree with the stance we are taking and have made the very point about enclosed spaces. Anyway judging by your outburst it’s you who needs to grow up.

Johnson is not so bad when he's following his script - although shambolic compared to Ursula von der Leyen, the EU Commission President who was speaking earlier in the day and was very impressive.

Where Johnson becomes embarrassing is when he starts to waffle in response to press questions and does his Trump impression - lots of words and no meaning.

The experts who flank him and give the real report and answers to questions may be right or may be wrong in their judgement, but at least they are qualified grown ups and are both articulate and credible.