+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sad Times: Barnet FC

Sad Times: Barnet FC

Putting all non-playing staff on notice.
    I hope this isn’t the shape of things to come.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/m...ency-measures/

Re: Sad Times: Barnet FC

Very sad. Losing £100k a month, my God.

gov talking about bailing companies out... but clearly some will need to close and go for good as they cant be helped...

and wont just be bail outs it will be loans so clubs like this cant keep afloat as is never mind with millions in loans to pay back

Gutted to hear this. I come from Barnet, grew up first watching them as an amateur team, and still go and see them when I can.

But I think that will be the first of many clubs doing the same, just hope that most can survive.

But all this pales into insignificance regarding the news about Peter Whittingham. Whitts was a true Cardiff legend, this is said about a lot of ex players, but it was actually true regarding Whitts.

Any fan of football will be saddened to hear this. I fear that this will not be an isolated incident.

What an absolute James Hunt of a day.

Tuesday 17th March 2020 will be etched on many people's brains, some more than others.

In football, I think we'll see a few clubs go under in the next year. Same will be in the High Street, the huge conglomerates will survive, the Costas, Greggs etc while the independent cafes and shops will fold.