+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rishi Sunak

Rishi Sunak

I'm no fan of the Tories but he comes across well in those press conferences.

What are we saying about the latest round of measures then?

My takeaways:

As a homeowner, happy about the mortgage holidays but what about people who rent?

As a freelancer, when does that get addressed?

Don't offer loans, more debt is the last thing businesses need. There's got to be a better solution than loans.

Let's keep this pleasant please.

Re: Rishi Sunak

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I agree.

Boris provides no confidence.

thought he came across well looked so assured when speaking not like that the blonde one

as a freelancer your going to get hit in 3 weeks time when IR35 kicks in !

For someone who's been in the job for just a few weeks he seemed to know more than his boss did.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    thought he came across well looked so assured when speaking not like that the blonde one

as a freelancer your going to get hit in 3 weeks time when IR35 kicks in !
    bit less gleeful would be nice mate

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    For someone who's been in the job for just a few weeks he seemed to know more than his boss did.
    The guy is absolutely elite. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a runner for leader at some point down the line

He has done the right thing today. There are going to be tough times ahead though with our national debt growing even higher.

I,m in the same boat so I,m not being gleeful !

you would think he would have extended out the IR35 legislation for another year until everything settles down

The banks were stabilised over ten years ago to the tune of £100 million+, yes, some of this has been repaid but I imagine it was poured in up front with no guarantee of reimbursement, it was needed for the well being of the country (so the powers that be said). In my opinion more desperate times are ahead for the vast majority of people and the welfare and bailing out of ordinary folk should be a necessary not a might be. I’d like to think that a financial think tank is on the case but I won’t hold my breath, it would be unthinkable that a country like the UK puts its general public in a sink or swim situation.

you would think he would have extended out the IR35 legislation for another year until everything settles down
    I’ve been hoping that! If for no other reason than it gives me N extra year to get my head round it!

From the Johnson family, who were campaigning and then running a government on giving out as little information as possible so to constantly misinform the electorate, to a government minister who gave details in a succinct and mostly reassuring manner despite it being troubling times. There are still holes and still worried people looking for answers but we're so much better off when it stops being an Eton power game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He has done the right thing today. There are going to be tough times ahead though with our national debt growing even higher.
    Thank goodness we invested time in ensuring the NHS has enough equipment rather than imaginary garden bridges over the last 10 years then....

Sorry mate, got stood down today so no pay for an undetermined amount of time but looks like several months so I might be being a bit sensitive. Hope it works out for you

yes a right kick in the teeth for us freelancers but not moaning too much with what's going on at the minute .hope you can get sorted out soon . such an uncertain future for everyone right now

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    To be fair his boss is boris johnson

So that's not really difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    The guy is absolutely elite. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a runner for leader at some point down the line
    Christ , hes doing ok but hes a tory , let's not get too far up his arse

Pritti patel was hailed as the next big thing and look what a right wing vindictive woman shes turned out to be

I think him and his government should be judged in 5 years time , not three weeks into a crisis

Head boy.

Can't fault him presentationally though.

These measures are so trickle down it's unreal. Here Mr businessman have a grant/loan, oh you sacked them all anyway, never mind.

Lots of work to do to make sure this isn't a disaster for ordinary people (even the ones who escape the misery of losing somebody close).

delmbox i,m hearing tonight IR35 is being delayed by 1 year . great news

wow just wow

delmbox i,m hearing tonight IR35 is being delayed by 1 year . great news

wow just wow
    IR35 isn't being delayed.

The alignment of private sector with public, that end client makes the status determination is what is delayed.

Disguised employees ( permietractors ) are still at risk and rightly so.

He can look as confident as he likes but the fact remains the tories have been in power for ten years , they have slashed police numbers , social care services , the NHS and are now telling everyone that has worked in social care that they want them back

It's all a little bit late for that

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Head boy.

Can't fault him presentationally though.

These measures are so trickle down it's unreal. Here Mr businessman have a grant/loan, oh you sacked them all anyway, never mind.

Lots of work to do to make sure this isn't a disaster for ordinary people (even the ones who escape the misery of losing somebody close).
    My old dear is in the high risk group , got a phonecall today saying her care package would be cut

The welsh government gets a very poor settlement from westminster and can only play with what it's got

The tories have played the austerity game for ten years , it's all a bit late to be announcing uncosted public borrowing in the hope it papers in the cracks in our NHS , social care system and those poor bastards struggling to run businesses and keep people in work

The duty of government is to protect its citizens , in five years time I think we will see they have fallen short

Don't get me wrong, this is a great start, but loans however welcome for businesses will have to be paid back, and there will be a reluctance to take on even more debt. The news for small businesses is much better however, no rates and up to 25 grand free.
    The problem is still there though for self employed, lower paid workers and especially the gig economy people. The risk is that if we do not protect these people financially they will, understandably still go to work even if they have symptoms or even the virus itself.
    This obviously risks the health of everyone.
    Getting a parcel delivered? A takeaway?
    More financial support is needed to the people who need it most.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Don't get me wrong, this is a great start, but loans however welcome for businesses will have to be paid back, and there will be a reluctance to take on even more debt. The news for small businesses is much better however, no rates and up to 25 grand free.
    The problem is still there though for self employed, lower paid workers and especially the gig economy people. The risk is that if we do not protect these people financially they will, understandably still go to work even if they have symptoms or even the virus itself.
    This obviously risks the health of everyone.
    Getting a parcel delivered? A takeaway?
    More financial support is needed to the people who need it most.
    Very true , so many young people these days have insecure work , zero hours contracts , maybe they have kids and rent a flat

The pressure on them must be enormous and this government should be helping them every bit as much as a business owner

God bless em , they must be petrified

Banned

My takeaways:

As a homeowner, happy about the mortgage holidays but what about people who rent?

Don't offer loans, more debt is the last thing businesses need. There's got to be a better solution than loans.

As a homeowner who may be out of work because of this, I think I'd need a mortgage holiday until the lockdown is completely over.

My takeaways:

Next time he speaks close your eyes and listen.
    His voice and phrasing sounds very much like Tony Blair.