+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rishi Sunak

Re: Rishi Sunak

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The bank? What bank? The Bank Of England? The Bank Of England isn't handing out tenners on street corners!

The austerity cult ensured that our public services are in a much weaker position than they would have been and with fewer resources to fight this pandemic. However the Tory Government deals with this crisis now do not give them any false credit for the damage they and the coalition have done to people and services over the past 10 years. It has left us all weaker and more vulnerable - across the board!
    Well watching peoples behaviours in the rape of supermarket shelves I wouldn't think handing out tenners is a great idea ,of course the shortages will be the governments fault as well. ( where did they get all that cash from, bloody austerity abusers ) Feck everyone else get me to the bog rolls.

The Bank of England has gone all in. By cutting*interest rates to 0.1% and announcing a fresh £200bn of money creation*via its quantitative easing*

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Out of interest are you going to laud or critisise him on the basis of how the stocks and currency markets move?
    I will make the judgement not on money markets but saved lives , and those on low paid , in small businesses.

You bloody capitalist, money, money ,money, it will be the ruin of you , think about the short term relief this may bring to the needy

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I will make the judgement not on money markets but saved lives , and those on low paid , in small businesses.

You bloody capitalist, money, money ,money, it will be the ruin of you , think about the short term relief this may bring to the needy
    Well done Rishi
    The FTSE 100 ended the session up 0.09% at 5,156.33, and the FTSE 250 was 5.95% firmer at 13,592.64.

Sterling racked up gains against its major trading pairs as well, rising 2.07% against the dollar to last trade at $1.1723, and adding 2.36% on the euro to €1.0996.

Guardian today:

Even during the second world war, the role of the government did not extend to*funding jobs across every sector of the economy. The measures announced by Rishi Sunak at this evening’s press conference are unprecedented in the history of the British state, as the chancellor himself noted. He revealed that the government would establish a coronavirus jobs retention scheme for all employers, large or small, that will cover 80% of wages, up to £2,500 a month. The scheme will initially be open for three months, but could be extended, and will be backdated to 1 March.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If labour would have won the election their proposed spending would have put us deep into recession, never mind covid19
    Really? The Tories promised to spend more than Labour, and gave no account of where it was coming from.

I agree .

Never voted Tory and probably ever will .

However I will admit to feel slighlty safer in their hands at this moment in time, even if they are deemed on CCMB as always evil,no matter what they do.

Yes the austerity measures hurt and went to far and on far too long, however has the policy put money in the bank for us too fight and fix this dreadful moment in our life .
    Its sod all to do with being Conservative. Our emergency services, intelligence services etc are at the forefront of planning and delivery which is why so many come to us for training and advice.

There's monthly contingency meetings waiting for the balloon to go up with warehouse stocked up and down the country. Plan for the worst continually and you can deal with it.

That normally means war so whether we have this completely covered I wouldn't have thought but I have faith in the practitioners not the politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The bank? What bank? The Bank Of England? The Bank Of England isn't handing out tenners on street corners!

The austerity cult ensured that our public services are in a much weaker position than they would have been and with fewer resources to fight this pandemic. However the Tory Government deals with this crisis now do not give them any false credit for the damage they and the coalition have done to people and services over the past 10 years. It has left us all weaker and more vulnerable - across the board!
    Indeed

Guardian today:

Even during the second world war, the role of the government did not extend to*funding jobs across every sector of the economy. The measures announced by Rishi Sunak at this evening’s press conference are unprecedented in the history of the British state, as the chancellor himself noted. He revealed that the government would establish a coronavirus jobs retention scheme for all employers, large or small, that will cover 80% of wages, up to £2,500 a month. The scheme will initially be open for three months, but could be extended, and will be backdated to 1 March.
    You are just reporting what hes doing , the governments response to this is too late