+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tesco's Bridgend, total bedlam

Re: Tesco's Bridgend, total bedlam

I can understand people wanting to stock up but it’s the greed, selfishness and complete lack of morals and the way they are going about it. A larger than average weekly shop should suffice and all supermarket bosses and staff have said there is more than enough for everyone and stop the anarchy - yet the parasites and stupid folk don’t and will not listen.
    Just ****in shoot them now because society dosn’t need these people anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I can understand people wanting to stock up but it’s the greed, selfishness and complete lack of morals and the way they are going about it. A larger than average weekly shop should suffice and all supermarket bosses and staff have said there is more than enough for everyone and stop the anarchy - yet the parasites and stupid folk don’t and will not listen.
    I just heard supermarkets in London are expecting police support imminently so as to be able to enforce sensible purchasing. Bloody good job and let's hope this happens throughout the country tout suite because it shouldn't be left to the poor staff to police these knobends!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I just heard supermarkets in London are expecting police support imminently so as to be able to enforce sensible purchasing. Bloody good job and let's hope this happens throughout the country tout suite because it shouldn't be left to the poor staff to police these knobends!
    Agree and not before time. The poor supermarket staff are front line and should be protected.
    I have shopped in a few places recently Tesco, Sainsbury's, Lidl, Aldi and they all look very stressed with similar stories of abuse.

Its all very well for the supermarket bosses saying customers are only allowed 2 of the same items but how does the poor girl on the till go about challenging the ones who fly in the face of this? These are usually the mentally unstable anyway.

Despite the financial despair for a lot of businesses the supermarkets seem to having Christmas week type shopping every day. I hope they’re passing it on to their suppliers as quick as they’re taking it at the tills.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Years ago they used to place the heads of executed criminals on spikes on old London Bridge. The bridge on Western Ave. opposite Tesco would be an ideal place..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I reckon the toilet roll shortage will soon be a thing of the past. With £1 trillion of spending we'll probably have hyper-inflation akin to the Wiemar Republic and be able to wipe our b*ms on a couple of £500 million notes..
    You may like When Money Dies: the Nightmare of the Weimar Collapse, by Adam Fergusson. It's available at Amazon, along with user reviews of it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Money-.../dp/1910400300

Alternatively, you can read if for free as a .pdf online or download it from there to peruse at your leisure by clicking the middle symbol at the top right hand of the screen here: http://thirdparadigm.org/doc/4506088...Money-Dies.pdf

It's an informative but depressing read.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Most 24 hour shops are now closing 12-6 then reopen.
    I did an ASDA order to be delivered today however loads of items were missing - guy said was because there were queues at 6 and they stripped the shelves before the home delivery packers could do their thing.

So the people who can't get out, now cant get the food they need either.
    Same here. My order yesterday evening came to £45 but just £11 worth was delivered. None of what was missing is what is flying off the shelves, a £20 bottle of vodka was one item.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Same here. My order yesterday evening came to £45 but just £11 worth was delivered. None of what was missing is what is flying off the shelves, a £20 bottle of vodka was one item.
    I knew there was a reason why your more recent posts were a tad more coherent!