+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesco's Bridgend, total bedlam

Tesco's Bridgend, total bedlam

Shelves being emptied as soon as they are filled , people giving staff abuse , one member of staff told me one of the check out girls went home in tears after being told not to contaminate a persons precious shopping . Where does this idiot think the goods came from , a germ free isolation unit ?

Re: Tesco's Bridgend, total bedlam

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shelves being emptied as soon as they are filled , people giving staff abuse , one member of staff told me one of the check out girls went home in tears after being told not to contaminate a persons precious shopping . Where does this idiot think the goods came from , a germ free isolation unit ?
    I went there about 08.30 and it was quite quiet. No toilet paper nor pasta tho, but plenty of wine to keep us going through the next few weeks!

They are all off work self isolating so what else is there to do.
    I'm currently making a wigwam in the back garden out of toilet paper and dried pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I'm currently making a wigwam in the back garden out of toilet paper and dried pasta.

When it’s up ask Sludge if he wants to come inside

A colleague went there early this morning before he got in work, he said it was bedlam, it's different gravy down here mun. Not sure when we will do another shop, the boss is in charge of all that girly stuff.

That sounds more like a teepee (the pointy tents). For a wigwam (like a thatched shed) you will need Shredded Wheat and crispbread.

Visited a Farm Foods this morning to get cornflakes and cream crackers, none there. Obtained both elsewhere eventually. So many people were trudging around weighed down carrying bulging carrier bags in each hand. Some will be temporarily like an Orang Utan once they return home. Gained the impression many are quietly shi**ing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Visited a Farm Foods this morning to get cornflakes and cream crackers, none there. Obtained both elsewhere eventually. So many people were trudging around weighed down carrying bulging carrier bags in each hand. Some will be temporarily like an Orang Utan once they return home. Gained the impression many are quietly shi**ing themselves.
    Could explain the run on bog roll I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Visited a Farm Foods this morning to get cornflakes and cream crackers, none there. Obtained both elsewhere eventually. So many people were trudging around weighed down carrying bulging carrier bags in each hand. Some will be temporarily like an Orang Utan once they return home. Gained the impression many are quietly shi**ing themselves .
    I could understand it if it was All Bran but Cornflakes

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I could understand it if it was All Bran but Cornflakes
    You will be surprised

I have pushed out some heavy loads on that stuff

It packs a punch , especially if you add a banana and some chopped apple

Have it

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I went there about 08.30 and it was quite quiet. No toilet paper nor pasta tho, but plenty of wine to keep us going through the next few weeks!
    I bought two bottles of blackcurrant squash as I need to drink lots of liquid to keep my kidneys safe but most people seemed to be crowded around the tinned food , tuna , corned beef , peaches , custard , peas , baked beans

The fresh fruit and fresh meat was literally untouched

Home cleaning products were flying out , bleaches, shower spray etc as were soap , washing up liquid

It was like a human zoo

I bought two bottles of blackcurrant squash as I need to drink lots of liquid to keep my kidneys safe but most people seemed to be crowded around the tinned food , tuna , corned beef , peaches , custard , peas , baked beans

The fresh fruit and fresh meat was literally untouched

Home cleaning products were flying out , bleaches, shower spray etc as were soap , washing up liquid

It was like a human zoo
    Out of interest, what is Tesco Bridgend normally like?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Out of interest, what is Tesco Bridgend normally like?
    It's generally busy but then I dont shop there till mid morning onwards . Today it was very busy and certain shelves were completely empty by 11 am

I went to a small supermarket near home yesterday , they were telling me they taking more every day than they take in the run up to christmas , the butcher told me chicken was up a quid a kilo from the supplier and food prices are going up

It's generally busy but then I dont shop there till mid morning onwards . Today it was very busy and certain shelves were completely empty by 11 am

I went to a small supermarket near home yesterday , they were telling me they taking more every day than they take in the run up to christmas , the butcher told me chicken was up a quid a kilo from the supplier and food prices are going up
    awesome
    one toilet roll now costs about 1500 sek
    i'm wiping my arse with money (not coins)

Had to call the police to my local Tesco yesterday after checkout staff were physically abused by two separate blokes in their 50s. One of them threw a box in an 18 year olds face because she refused to let him buy 4 quiches! Brings out some proper bell-ends this kind of panic buying stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Had to call the police to my local Tesco yesterday after checkout staff were physically abused by two separate blokes in their 50s. One of them threw a box in an 18 year olds face because she refused to let him buy 4 quiches! Brings out some proper bell-ends this kind of panic buying stupidity.
    I remember seeing people talk about the blitz spirit, how a bit of disruption for brexit would be fine as we've come through worse.

What rubbish. It might only be a minority behaving like this but it makes things a hundred times worse.

I reckon the toilet roll shortage will soon be a thing of the past. With £1 trillion of spending we'll probably have hyper-inflation akin to the Wiemar Republic and be able to wipe our b*ms on a couple of £500 million notes..

Time to get the army in and implement rationing!

And what happened to the Boris social distancing plan?

International

I went to Tesco Western Ave at midnight last night on my way home from work and it was closed.
    A sign on the door said until further notice it will be closed 10 PM to 6 AM "Due to unforseen circumstances". I cannot imagine what they might be. Probably staff shortages.

The problem is that a lot of people will think its food shortages so come 6 AM it was probably chaos with people panic buying again.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I went to Tesco Western Ave at midnight last night on my way home from work and it was closed.
    A sign on the door said until further notice it will be closed 10 PM to 6 AM "Due to unforseen circumstances". I cannot imagine what they might be. Probably staff shortages.

The problem is that a lot of people will think its food shortages so come 6 AM it was probably chaos with people panic buying again.
    Most 24 hour shops are now closing 12-6 then reopen.
    I did an ASDA order to be delivered today however loads of items were missing - guy said was because there were queues at 6 and they stripped the shelves before the home delivery packers could do their thing.

So the people who can't get out, now cant get the food they need either.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

All the 24-hour stores are closing at night so they can restock the shelves.

If behaviour like this happened 80 years ago, the Germans could have just walked up the High Streets of Britain, as the locals would have been more concerned about shit house rolls !!!!
    F ucking disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That sounds more like a teepee (the pointy tents). For a wigwam (like a thatched shed) you will need Shredded Wheat and crispbread.
    I went to my doctors last week and told him that one night I dream I’m a wigwam, the next night I dream I’m a teepee. He said “your problem is you’re 2 tense”