+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schools are closing Friday

Re: Schools are closing Friday

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    rumours on lockdown doing the rounds... lockdown at some point is getting obvious but this guy putting his pennith in

https://www.facebook.com/jason.nota/...3479770280553/
    Not read his post but have been informed of an imminent London lock down through work.

Announcement tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Yeah its great if you work for a school, you'll get time off and you'll get paid for it.

My family now face the choice of risking our livelihood and our homes or seriously putting the children's grandparents lives at risk to look after them.
    Schools are there for education not babysitting.

As it goes, they will still be open for kids who receive 'free meals' and frontline workers.

They've not worked out the details yet as Emergency planning wasn't as high up the agenda as Brexit apparently.

It was inevitable schools would close, their staff are going down with symptoms quicker than most.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its the end of the financial year at the moment and i don't have a lot left. Could most probably work it for a couple of weeks.

I work in a area where every one in the business would be looking for leave because there is now no school and we all cannot be off or the business will close, then all the jobs are lost.

They say 46% of the NHS staff have school aged children who will now struggle to come to work because of childcare issues.
    Respectfully, why should school staff have to take the risk of staying open? Have some empathy. All the money in the world isn't worth someone's life.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Teachers will be partying hard tonight and who could blame them? Receiving full pay while not having to clap eyes on other people's sprogs. More good news for those of them who have cars, fuel will be cheaper again soon as the crude oil price has crashed by 17% today to just $22 per barrel.

Respectfully, **** OFF. You know zero. Teachers have it hard. Nobody is "partying".

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Respectfully, **** OFF. You know zero. Teachers have it hard. Nobody is "partying".
    There's a number of groups that organ thinks are beneath him. People who watch certain TV shows, single parents, teachers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's a number of groups that organ thinks are beneath him. People who watch certain TV shows, single parents, teachers, etc.
    Yeah, pizza delivery boys too.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I always thought he's taking the piss.

The wife's a teacher, she thinks people who use message boards are socially inadequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I always thought he's taking the piss.

The wife's a teacher, she thinks people who use message boards are socially inadequate.
    She regrets taking a trip down the aisle with you then?

Teachers will be partying hard tonight and who could blame them? Receiving full pay while not having to clap eyes on other people's sprogs. More good news for those of them who have cars, fuel will be cheaper again soon as the crude oil price has crashed by 17% today to just $22 per barrel.

You're becoming a bit of a knob at times. Your thoughts about teachers just confirms this.

She does, every day. My use of the message board is the least of her regrets.

I reckon it will all go on lockdown either tonight at midnight or tomorrow everywhere in the UK. No school tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I reckon it will all go on lockdown either tonight at midnight or tomorrow everywhere in the UK. No school tomorrow
    F*ck me Bob, you’ll have been on more lockdowns than the Birdman of Alcatraz

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    F*ck me Bob, you’ll have been on more lockdowns than the Birdman of Alcatraz
    Will the “monks” from Pointless turn up on these lockdowns

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taffster View Post
    A good joke, and a great image. But I can tell you there is nothing further from the truth.

I’m not surprised we are closed from Friday. I expected it from the moment Japan did the same a few weeks ago.

I am shocked however that this summers exams have been cancelled. I am struggling to process that.

The majority of teachers and others who work in school/education do not want to close. We are far from happy about the potential closure for a whole host of reasons. There is no end of term feeling amongst my colleagues and there are no thoughts that we are entering some kind of holiday.
    Thankfully there is another teacher on this board!

I have not replied to the insane remarks about our profession.

All I can think about now is:

1. Whitts
    2. Ensuring my children and grandchildren are looked after financially (difficult on relatively low pay)
    3. Getting back to work to educate children of NHS workers and those who are considered at risk (such as those who have troubled parents who spend most of their time on messageboards being critical of everything life has to throw at them)

Ostrich has the biggest eyes in the whole animal kingdom. Its eye is bigger than its brain. Ostriches don't hide their head in the sand. They will lay their head on the ground if they sense a danger.

International

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Respectfully, why should school staff have to take the risk of staying open? Have some empathy. All the money in the world isn't worth someone's life.
    That's a bit double standard isn't it? While everyone else is saying they are being forced into a position where they cannot work and won't have enough money to live, the poor school staff "Have to take the risk of staying open". you can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's a bit double standard isn't it? While everyone else is saying they are being forced into a position where they cannot work and won't have enough money to live, the poor school staff "Have to take the risk of staying open". you can't have it both ways.
    Just to put the record straight for every teacher basher on here (if they are not currently emptying supermarket shelves).

All teachers fit to go to work have to be available to care for pupils of NHS, Police and other frontline services (inc teaching staff) from Monday.

We will also be available to look after children over the Easter holidays and I suspect other holidays until this 'event' is over.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I can’t even work out what your point is here, what exactly are you whinging about?